PDA

View Full Version : SRU's "Video Notebook" Belmont Park July 3-6

Stillriledup
07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Lets see if any of these can come back and do some good in the near future.

July 3, Race 4.

Miss Frost. Breaking from the "Dreaded" 1 hole in a 5 furlong race, this first time starter encountered a bit of traffic, climbed a bit from kickback and finished evenly at the end of this short dash. She seemed to have a nice stride and at least to my eye anyway, possibly has more talent than shown, i'm willing to forgive this race and give her a long look next time.

July 3, Race 5.

My Cousin Zinny.

Was bottled up the entire way in this turf dash and seemed sharp and moving well. I'm going to try and catch her next time back on the main track, hopefully in a paceless field, she's a very quick hitch sprinty kind of mover and looked sharp to my eye, she was bottled and never really got to 'stretch her legs' in this event.

July 4, Race 2

Smooth Daddy.

This 2 yo firster climbed out of the race when the kickback came into his face, but he finished with some sneaky run despite losing by 22 lengths. This one appeared to be able to run a bit, he could be a big longshot next time, hopefully he shows up in a race he can do some damage in, but certainly one to keep an eye on, he's better than his PP shows for sure. (how much better is anyone's guess at this point)

July 4, Race 5

Macaroon

Another 2 yo firster seemed to have late run in this race while finishing in the middle of the pack. She had no lasix in this start, lets see how her career develops going forward, maybe they'll give her one more 'tightener' before FTL becomes an option, but she seemed to have late run here.

July 4, Race 6

Legal Lady.

I liked Lady in this spot, but she never really got into the race, never got to stretch her legs and was just too far out of it to menace. She brushed the side of the gate and was taken in hand and never got rollling. In her previous start she was an impressive maiden winner after getting left at the break. This class is somewhat weak, i'd give this filly a long look next time, i think she's probably better than this 12 length loss suggests, you don't have to be any kind of monster to beat Ah Gaga and Run a Dubb Dubb and those types of horses, I'm thinking Legal Lady "fits" here, and she's going to be a pretty big price next time.

July 4, Race 9

Lubash.

"Loobie" was wrangled back in race where the winner got loose and won. This was a very strong field, the winner King Kreesa has really developed into a monster and the top 4 are all very good an accomplished in their own right. The Lubster really ran well between calls, made a nice middle move before getting a touch tired at the wire. This was a very 'hidden' performance in a very strong field where the pace and flow of the race went against him. Hopefully he will be in a little bit of a more 'do-able' spot next time.

July 5, Race 1.

Doc Cebu.

The good Doctor was racing on the rail behind the leader, was in a bit tight in the lane, but finished well up the fence once he got rolling. A nice looking animal with a nice stride, he caught the eye at the finish, nice professional effort and nice finish for a horse who had no momentum to work with.

July 5, Race 5.

Flowing Mane.

Pressing the lead while back quickly, i'm thinking that Mane might have made the lead too soon on a day where closers were dominating on the turf. This is a nice looking horse who was claimed out of this race by Ramsey/Maker, i believe he would be much more effective racing covered up and Fresh Maker is nothing to sneeze at. This wasnt the strongest field, so i wouldnt really recommend him if he goes way up in class, but if he can find a similarly beatable field, its all systems go.

July 5, Race 8

Tiz Teresa

Set the pressured pace on a day where speed was struggling on the turf (both courses) and held pretty well. I think she's a 3yo who was facing experienced older mares and gave a very good account of herself. I think she will be much better suited to a covered up trip or an off the pace trip, she was just out of position here in only her 4th lifetime start.

July 6, Race 2.

Touchofstarquality

Geez, not necessarily giving this one out as a horse to 'bet back' but he was very, very impressive in victory, he won this race without even looking like he was fully extended, just breezed to the lead at the end without even taking a deep breath. I'm sure the whole world knows this one is 'great' so you probably won't get any kind of price next time, but this was a 'wow' kind of effort, certainly worth watching on replay.

July 6, Race 7

Real Estate.

Was in a much higher class here, and set the pace on a day where this type of trip wasnt so effective, he was passed easily on the turn, but continued evenly to the wire. He needs to drop down to be effective, but he's got a decent look about him and fits well in the bottom class for the Giant Killer.

July 6, Race 11.

Birchwood Road.

Had a tough start off a long layoff, was wide the entire way and just wasnt able to reach. He seems to have talent, i like his look and his stride, you dont have to be any kind of monster to compete in this type of race, but i believe this one is better than his PP line is going to look next time he runs .

Stillriledup
07-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Adding:

July 4, Race 10

Radiohead.

Was full of run on the lead and just got run down late. He was claimed by Jacobson, i think this was a pretty good claim, lets see where he ends up, he seems to be able to handle the turf and the slop.

Stillriledup
07-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Sometimes the blind squirrel finds the nut. ;)

Stillriledup
07-28-2013, 09:48 PM
6 of these have come back to race.

Miss Frost won today at Spa paying 30 bucks.
My Cousin Zinny came back a few days ago, set the pace on a dead speed day and folded up finishing 4th i believe.
Smooth Daddy finished 4th at a big price first time turf. I think he raced well if i remember correctly, just maybe a little out of position.
Macaroon came back in the Miss Frost race and was off the board. I think she set a fast pace (with no lasix) and tired.
Tiz Teresa came back the other day and finished a decent 2nd.
and Birchwood road came back and lost a heartbreaker by a nose at 6-1.