PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will Warrawee Needy win in the finals of the WRH Memorial on 7/13...

LottaKash
07-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Well, Warrawee Needy came out on top of a World Equalling Record Performance on 07 06 13 @M1, in his elim of the, "William R.Haughton Memorial Pace"....l

The questions now is; Did that flying finish take too much out of the horse ?...

Will he Bounce ?...

Or, will he be right there on Sat nite when they hit the wire...?

He has Post #2 in the Final....
---------------------------------------------------

Me, I can only see this guy getting better, as he has really come on strong lately in his most recent races...

They use to run this horse up closer, as he has that ability to set and maintain a good earlypace....But what I have learned about this guy, these past few years is, that he does his very best running on the bigger tracks, especiallyt when sitting in good striking position at the top of the lane....He has been just devastating as of late in that regard...

I watched that race, and the replays of it, a time or two, and I couldn't detect anything that may have swayed me to believe that he came out of that race any the less for the wear from it....He was seriousy urged by Jody in the late stages of that race, but he really seemed up to it and very, very racy at that point...He is till one of my very best "pet horses"....

precisionk
07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I chose bounce. At least what I have seen, when a horse sets that blistering performance, it's hard to do it again back to back.

Ray2000
07-09-2013, 05:37 PM
SBSW's defeat

19-Jul-08.....Meadowlands...2/NK....01:47.0....27.4
12-Jul-08.....Meadowlands...1/4H....01:48.3....26.2 New LTM

This was for SomeBeach as a 3yo,.. Needy's a 4yo, but I'm guessing bounce.

wiffleball whizz
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
To steal a quote from PA himself "if I could legally book all win action and exacta action with him on top I would risk working 5 years for free to book it on this horse.......Pet Rock and bolt the duer are better horses then him

And I don't think it's gonna be a burn fest either....47.3 maybe

Not that 47.3 is a cakewalk

mrroyboy
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Sorry Guys
I am voting no. But here is the good news, Whoever wins will be very fast.

LottaKash
07-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I chose bounce. At least what I have seen, when a horse sets that blistering performance, it's hard to do it again back to back.

I see your point Precision, but WN didn't set that pace....Golden Receiver, Foiled Again, and Hugadragon to a lesser extent were the pacesetters and I think, one of those 3 would be the most likely to bounce of of that brutal trip....

WN, on the other hand, had, what we refer to as the perfect 2d-over trip....Of which I don't think was as nearly brutal as the GR or FA....

Of course the other eliim ,which was run much slower, just might contain the winner anyway, but who to say ?...Who would that be

Still, I have always believed that WN was always destined to be the Top of the Heap, and yet for one reason or another just hadn't yet fulfilled that destiny, but lately tho, because of what I have seen, I believe it now more than ever...He is a Tiger at the moment...I think he has matured to the point that he is the new King of the Hill...and I will stay with him until further notice...

Anyway, the race sets up to be a real hoot regardless of WN or not, can't wait....Nice vertical bets maybe ?

The very Best Horses driven by the very Best Drivers at the Very Best Racetrack,.all at the same time.......Life is Good...

wiffleball whizz
07-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Even though it's only Tuesday night saturdays forecast calls for 84 and clear conditions......maybe we will see a record fall:...would be ironic if it happened on pace nite when Holborn Hanover paid $100+ to win

Why is it harness records are always falling and getting faster and the flats are getting slower(in triple crown races anyway)

imofe
07-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I found Golden Receiver's effort to be the most eye popping. To set that pace and be right there at the wire was impressive. The other thing is that this was a big form reversal from what he had been doing lately. This horse has been collapsing bad in the last two starts. Should be a great final with so many good horses.

Sea Biscuit
07-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I found Golden Receiver's effort to be the most eye popping. To set that pace and be right there at the wire was impressive. The other thing is that this was a big form reversal from what he had been doing lately. This horse has been collapsing bad in the last two starts. Should be a great final with so many good horses.

It was NOT I repeat Not a hot pace for a 46.4 mile. As a matter of fact it was a pretty even mile and WN did well to win the race off the pace.

The Haughton Elim race fractions were 26-52.3-120.2-146.4

Compare this with the 1:47 race of the Meadowlands Pace 2008 where Art Official won the race. The fractions in that race were

26-51.4-1.19.1-147

Now thats what I call a hot pace.

I do not see Golden Receiver anywhere close to the finish line in the final with WN taking the top honors.

LottaKash
07-09-2013, 11:46 PM
It was NOT I repeat Not a hot pace for a 46.4 mile. As a matter of fact it was a pretty even mile and WN did well to win the race off the pace.

The Haughton Elim race fractions were 26-52.3-120.2-146.4

Compare this with the 1:47 race of the Meadowlands Pace 2008 where Art Official won the race. The fractions in that race were

26-51.4-1.19.1-147

Now thats what I call a hot pace.

I do not see Golden Receiver anywhere close to the finish line in the final with WN taking the top honors.

Biscuit, just for the PIPs record....The PIPs for "both" of those races was exactly the same....6/424=....Both hot and both the best I have ever seen so far....

When I am finished spelling out of the "complete" PIPs protocol, perhaps you can bring this up again, and I can show you how this can be....OK ?

I would love to dicsuss it further then...

LottaKash
07-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Biscuit, just for the PIPs record....The PIPs for "both" of those races was exactly the same....6/424=....Both hot and both the best I have ever seen so far....

When I am finished spelling out of the "complete" PIPs protocol, perhaps you can bring this up again, and I can show you how this can be....OK ?

Biscuit, I got egg on my face again it seems....After doing some calculating for the sake of accuracy, going over the math again, it seems that I was initially wrong....The PIP for the race that you brought up was, after all, the better of the two, and not equal.....It should've been reflected as 6/434, which is superior to the 6424 of the former WN race....sorry if this may have caused some or any confusion....

Sea Biscuit
07-10-2013, 12:09 AM

The Haughton race went 4/5th of a second slower and the 3/4 mile was 6/5th of a second slower than the Meadowlands pace race and your PIPS indicate that somehow these two races had the same front end speed.

You'll have a hard time convincing me.

Will wait anxiously for the 'complete' PIPS.

Sea Biscuit
07-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Biscuit, I got egg on my face again it seems....After doing some calculating for the sake of accuracy, going over the math again, it seems that I was initially wrong....The PIP for the race that you brought up was, after all, the better of the two, and not equal.....It should've been reflected as 6/434, which is superior to the 6424 of the former WN race....sorry if this may have caused some or any confusion....

Oops Sorry John Didn't read the above post when I sent in my reply.

All is well.:jump::jump:

LottaKash
07-10-2013, 12:22 AM
All is well.:jump::jump:

Great !...

mrroyboy
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
John
You have been talking about WN from the beginning. He is a great horse.

wiffleball whizz
07-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Anybody plan on being on track sat night? Last ever big night of racing under the lights in the old grandstand....

LottaKash
07-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Anybody plan on being on track sat night? Last ever big night of racing under the lights in the old grandstand....

Wiff, I sure wish I could be there for the farewell.....M1 was my home track ever since it had opened, and for something like twenty years thereafter, until I move d from NJ....I am glad of the moving from NJ but not from being away from the Big-M.....I was a regular and I loved it......

wiffleball whizz
07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Wiff, I sure wish I could be there for the farewell.....M1 was my home track ever since it had opened, and for something like twenty years thereafter, until I move d from NJ....I am glad of the moving from NJ but not from being away from the Big-M.....I was a regular and I loved it......

Yes I totally understand where your coming from....my hangout was either in the box seats or up the escaltor then straight up the stairs to franchises....there were some real characters there!!!!!

What a big building that is that's gonn come crashing down....very curious to see how the new m plays out....sun glare/wind

mrroyboy
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Me too guys. I went to Meadowlands from the day it opened. Also Liberty Bell and Brandywine.

Most of you have never heard of those tracks but "old timers" like John and I remember them very well.

mrroyboy
07-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Ex wife John? Is that recent or in the past? Sorry I didn't know.

LottaKash
07-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Ex wife John? Is that recent or in the past? Sorry I didn't know.

Long ago Roy, like 1978 or so...haha,.,,,,

LottaKash
07-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Me too guys. I went to Meadowlands from the day it opened. Also Liberty Bell and Brandywine.

Most of you have never heard of those tracks but "old timers" like John and I remember them very well.

I remember LB and Brd very well...Heck I even remember when Brandywine wa a `1/2 miler before they converted it to a 5/8....Lots of good times and often, way back when....I miss it much...