PDA

View Full Version : Richiefromshoprite

Brogan
07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Richiefromshoprite, recent winner of the Dan Horn Handicap at Monmouth Park suffered fatal injuries in a freak accident overnight.

Condolences to the connections.

lamboguy
07-08-2013, 04:12 PM
my sympathies as well, i loved that horse. i remember breaking his maiden and hearing Larry's call of the race.

for those that don't know, Shoprite is a supermarket chain in New Jersey. its a real good one too.

Pine Tree Lane
07-18-2013, 12:28 AM
my sympathies as well, i loved that horse. i remember breaking his maiden and hearing Larry's call of the race.

for those that don't know, Shoprite is a supermarket chain in New Jersey. its a real good one too.

His owner, Joel Kligman passed away after a long battle with Parkinson's disease on the 4th of July. With Richie's win in the Dan Horn, Mr. Kligman had won at least one race at Monmouth Park for 55 consecutive years.

It is speculated that Richie suffered an acute case of colic which made him bolt or spook from his stall during the night. He must have run down the shed row where he struck a pole with his head. He was found near Tim Hills' barn in pain, bleeding from the ear. He was put down shortly after the vet arrived.

nijinski
07-18-2013, 12:46 AM
His owner, Joel Kligman passed away after a long battle with Parkinson's disease on the 4th of July. With Richie's win in the Dan Horn, Mr. Kligman had won at least one race at Monmouth Park for 55 consecutive years.

It is speculated that Richie suffered an acute case of colic which made him bolt or spook from his stall during the night. He must have run down the shed row where he struck a pole with his head. He was found near Tim Hills' barn in pain, bleeding from the ear. He was put down shortly after the vet arrived.

I had heard about the death of Mr Kligman and then that the horse was injured and was euthanized . I had no idea what happened . Thanks for
updating . The losses , very sad . :(
My hopes for them to be in a good place and at peace .

lamboguy
07-18-2013, 01:07 AM

It is speculated that Richie suffered an acute case of colic which made him bolt or spook from his stall during the night. He must have run down the shed row where he struck a pole with his head. He was found near Tim Hills' barn in pain, bleeding from the ear. He was put down shortly after the vet arrived.i i am sorry to hear about that , i know he was a long time supporter of New Jersey bred racing.

i plan on being at Monmouth for the Haskell, i am sure there will be a moment of silence for him that day.

Shelby
07-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh no!!!! I just watched him win a stakes the other day. I'm so sorry. Loved that horse and loved the name.

Grits
07-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Oh my.. bless his heart. Rest in peace, fella.