PDA

View Full Version : NBA trivia time.

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 04:48 AM
There are only 22 players in the history of the NBA to do WHAT? (when i heard it was 22, i was surprised it was that low, i would have guessed a higher number)

Out of the 22, six of them are Hall of Famers.

One of the HOFers is Michael Jordan, i can't list all 6 because if you google all 6 guys together, the answer comes up as the first article.

If nobody gets it, i'll come back with more hints.

wiffleball whizz
07-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Im not a nba historian but I'll take 2 stabs...

Score 60 in a playoff game and or have a triple double in the playoffs

I'm prob not even in the same area code here.....glad to see I'm not the only one awake This early

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 03:52 PM
On the wrong track Whiz...its something that's not stats related. One thing its NOT is that all 22 players are the only 22 who have owned a cat named Felix.

Here's another hint. The MLB, NHL and NFL all have players who fit under this same criteria, but they have way more than the NBA....NBA is by far the lowest at 22, all the other sports have more players who have 'done" this one thing.

Overlay
07-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Players who have been on five or more championship teams (Or would that be stats-related?)

wiffleball whizz
07-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Players who have been on five or more championship teams (Or would that be stats-related?)

Thats what I was thinking but didn't wanna keep firing out answers I had my turn hahahaha

PhantomOnTour
07-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Only 22 have won a championship with more than one team :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Good guesses but no. One more hint than i'll give the answer.

If you looked at the list of all 22 players on this list, it would be evident right away what all of them have in common that's sort of not really basketball related.

Last hint.

Jason Kidd is the most recent player to 'gain entry' to this list of 22 players. (has nothing to do with his being a head coach)

banacek
07-07-2013, 06:13 PM
1st guess: earn $15 million + a year

2nd guess: sleep with a Kardashian?

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 08:37 PM
1st guess: earn $15 million + a year

2nd guess: sleep with a Kardashian?

lol, no, great try Banacek!

I'm sure that your 1st guess is probably true, but that's not what i'm going for.

:D

TJDave
07-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Not get a tattoo?

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Not get a tattoo?

Wow, that's a good one.

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Here's the answer:

Only 22 men in the history of the NBA have ever played a game while over the age of 40. In other sports there are a lot more of older players, but in the NBA, only 22 have made it to the 'holy grail'. Playing a game at 40 or older.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_and_youngest_National_Basketball_As sociation_players

I apologize, its only 21 players, they have Juwan Howard listed twice.

mostpost
07-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Here's the answer:

Only 22 men in the history of the NBA have ever played a game while over the age of 40. In other sports there are a lot more of older players, but in the NBA, only 22 have made it to the 'holy grail'. Playing a game at 40 or older.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_and_youngest_National_Basketball_As sociation_players

I apologize, its only 21 players, they have Juwan Howard listed twice.
Well, that changes everything. I would have gotten it if you had said 21. :liar:
Who put that icon there?

Stillriledup
07-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, that changes everything. I would have gotten it if you had said 21. :liar:
Who put that icon there?

I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY THAT!

Ok, everyone, Mostpost gets credit, he got the correct answer.

Great call MP, that was a hard one, but you really came thru in the clutch, well done! :ThmbUp: :D