PDA

View Full Version : gillespie

green80
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Does any ADW or simulcast outlet show live racing from gillespie?

Track Collector
07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Does any ADW or simulcast outlet show live racing from gillespie?

I am close to 100% certain that the Gillespie Fair does not send out their signal to anyone (other than the small OTB/kitchen located about 1/3 mile from the fairgrounds.).

They are a nice small track that I would like to visit again sometime. I recall they run 3 to 4 weekends spaced out over the summer. Their races are usually about 75%/25% in favor of Quarter Horses. The track surface is different from what I have seen anywhere (along with dormant racing at Manor Downs in Austin, TX) in that it was predominantly clay and burnt orange in color.

QuarterRACER
07-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I have never found a adw that carried the track, wish it were available though as I am quarterhorse player ,only play about 10 percent throughbreds if that. the quality of the horses running in texas is not what it was but the money is the good enough when you hit. on the track surface didn't know it was clay colored like manor is,I made it there once in 1995 on thev way back to arkansas after buying a car via the internet in san antonio. track collecter you doing something i've always wanted to do visiting all the horsetracks you can i have been to a handful blue ribbon,trinity,fair meadows,remington,lone star,manor downs,sam houston ,woodlands, fairmont, dueling grounds, louisiana downs, will rogers, bay meadows, golden gate fields. like to add to it one these days maybe after retirement but a ways away at nearly 51. by the way there seems to be a new bush track running somewhere in texas as one of the horse from the remington quarterhosre had ran there,can't remember the track but the horse won a trial race at remington. long on the post but don't post much so guess i'm long winded when i do so!

Just a Fan
07-10-2013, 01:48 PM
by the way there seems to be a new bush track running somewhere in texas as one of the horse from the remington quarterhosre had ran there,can't remember the track but the horse won a trial race at remington.

The bush track I believe you are referring to is Las Palmas Race Park. They had 2 year olds racing in January (!) in trials for the Royal Shake Em Futurity. The lines from Las Palmas don't make it into the official PPs, but the results were available on the track's website for awhile. One of the RSE Finalists (horse's name was Perez) won a Heritage Place Fut Trl at RP on 5/11 (at odds of 12-1).

Did RP announce something indicating that the horse had some unrecognized races, or did you just hear thru the grapevine that the horse had run at a bush track?

QuarterRACER
09-30-2013, 10:19 PM
it was announced by the announcer, eddie willis i think was the trainer,always tough to beat of course. where is the track located, in los palmas i'd guess ,also wondering if its an old track reopened or a new one .