PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Handicapping Contest-----Free For All------WEEK 1

wiffleball whizz
07-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi guys......it's seems Everybody has an opinion on the NFL and this year were gonna see who can pick the most winners against the spread on this forum....

The contest will consist of 2 separate contests.....weeks 1-9 and the overall season of weeks 1-17

Each week will close at 10pm weds night.....(this may change to 4pm Thursday if my work sked changes)

Rules:

1. Each participant will pick 7 games per week, also out of the 7 games 2 games are a "best bet"......value of points are as follows

A. Best Bet 3 points
B. Regular bet 2 points
C. Push 1 point

After week 1 we are going to use the website "scores and odds.com" and use the "opening line".....if game is "off the board" to open game will play is a pickem BUT cannot be used as a BEST BET.....(can't wait to see somebody get cute and go down with a big favorite even) ;) ;)

You many take or give points or take a over under.....when you pick it just say you want a "giants ravens over"

Prizes are as follows

Overall point leader from weeks 1-9 will recieve $100 visa gift cart

Total season winner weeks 1-17 will recieve a $200 visa gift card,....extra $50 if you have "2" 7-0 weeks......or hit 24/34 best bets

Card will be mailed out after conclusion of weeks 9 and 17

To make it easier on everybody I will post the opening lines for week 1 tonight using a different site just to garner interest amoung members......u can select picks now or you can wait till week 1 approaches up until 10pm weds night

Disclaimer: don't come crying to me if you take a over now and there's are hurricane remnants in the area thus moving line 12 points!!!!! Or your star qb goes down!!!!

Best of luck to all participants,......I expect this to be fun and hope we can have tons of ball busting!!!

Recap

Pick 7 games.....5 regular picks 2 best bets

Opening lines on scores and odds.com

Picks in by 10pm as of now until I get my new sked

$100 gift card to week 1-9 winner(most points)

$200 gift card for overall season winner (extra 50 is 7-0 weeks or win 24/34 best bets)

1st half season will be paid out Tuesday morning after week
9.....winner will pm me adress to send it to

And finally I'm participating in this......if I win 2nd place will NOT get paid and if there are ANY ties most BEST BETS win.....If I tie with somebody prizes chopped in half!!!!

Have fun and enjoy the season!!!

HOME TEAM WILL BE IN CAPS and away team in lowercase

wiffleball whizz
07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
DENVER 8.5 baltimore (49.5)

new england 7 BUFFALO (52)

PITTSBURGH 6.5 tennessee (43.5)

NEW ORLEANS 2.5 atlanta (54)

tampa bay 2.5 N.Y JETS (41)

kansas city 3 JACKSONVILLE (39.5)

CHICAGO 3.5 cincinatti (45)

CLEVELAND pk miami (40.5)

seattle 3.5 CAROLINA (45)

DETROIT 3.5 minnesota (47)

INDY 7 oakland (49)

ST LOUIS 6 arizona (40)

SAN FRANCISCO 5 green bay (50)

DALLAS 3 ny giants (50)

WASHINGTON 5 philadelphia (51)

houston 3.5 SAN DIEGO (46)

proximity
07-04-2013, 11:59 PM
lol, your schedule might consist of live chaining you to a table and a cot in the back.

hope i'm wrong and they lose outright, but the Texans line looks kinda low to me.......

wiffleball whizz
07-05-2013, 12:41 AM
lol, your schedule might consist of live chaining you to a table and a cot in the back.

hope i'm wrong and they lose outright, but the Texans line looks kinda low to me.......

Lolololololololo......after talking with a few members here through pm I here Maryland tax is a nightmare on elm street.....not in mood to have my check sliced and diced.....starting to like ac more and more and live is slowly losing its luster and I'm not a fan of getting paid every 2 weeks......

Proximity better participate in this pool!!!

wiffleball whizz
07-05-2013, 12:47 AM
DENVER 8.5 baltimore (49.5)

new england 7 BUFFALO (52)

PITTSBURGH 6.5 tennessee (43.5)

NEW ORLEANS 2.5 atlanta (54)

tampa bay 2.5 N.Y JETS (41)

kansas city 3 JACKSONVILLE (39.5)

CHICAGO 3.5 cincinatti (45)

CLEVELAND pk miami (40.5)

seattle 3.5 CAROLINA (45)

DETROIT 3.5 minnesota (47)

INDY 7 oakland (49)

ST LOUIS 6 arizona (40)

SAN FRANCISCO 5 green bay (50)

DALLAS 3 ny giants (50)

WASHINGTON 5 philadelphia (51)

houston 3.5 SAN DIEGO (46)

I'm getting down while the gettin is good....

1.Cleveland (BEST BET)
2.Atlanta new Orleans OVER (BEST BET)
3.Oakland
4.buffalo
5.ny jets
6.san Diego
7.tennesee

Just picking football games is getting me exited for football season!!

wiffleball whizz
07-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Walking around work today touting the Browns like the game is at 7pm tonight....how stupid the linemakers are for making this game a pick with the fish on the road......

I've seen this scenario a million times and I thought the books knew something I didn't know and got sucked into taking the phins and they lose 24-10 and never in the game....

This game is the lock of the year!!!!! Books should be fired for putting out bogus line

Valuist
07-08-2013, 10:44 AM
In a bad baseball town like Chicago, with the Stanley Cup over the attention has already turned to the NFL. I actually had a bizarre dream/nightmare over the weekend; it was opening Monday night of the NFL. I had to work late and when I came home to turn on the Monday night game, I was shocked to see the Raiders playing the Panthers in the season opener of MNF. Then even more shocked to see the Raiders ahead 37-8. So shocking it woke me up.

wiffleball whizz
07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
In a bad baseball town like Chicago, with the Stanley Cup over the attention has already turned to the NFL. I actually had a bizarre dream/nightmare over the weekend; it was opening Monday night of the NFL. I had to work late and when I came home to turn on the Monday night game, I was shocked to see the Raiders playing the Panthers in the season opener of MNF. Then even more shocked to see the Raiders ahead 37-8. So shocking it woke me up.

I've had dreams like that too....and the dreams turn into nightmares more often then not hahahaha....I'll prob have 3 or 4 dreams about this browns dolphins game......I'll be 2 fisting this game

Jay Trotter
07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
So, WbW you're posting the "official" Week 1 line at the beginning of July when the season begins in September? And then you're actually making your plays based on that line?

Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't that seem a tad premature? I like your enthusiasm but either you truly have the inside scoop on some of these teams (doubtful) or you got a bit carried away with getting this thing up and running!

I'll be in come September. :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
So, WbW you're posting the "official" Week 1 line at the beginning of July when the season begins in September? And then you're actually making your plays based on that line?

Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't that seem a tad premature? I like your enthusiasm but either you truly have the inside scoop on some of these teams (doubtful) or you got a bit carried away with getting this thing up and running!

I'll be in come September. :ThmbUp:

Well I got the lines off of Vegas insider for week 1....Lines are very much up!!

But in essence I wanted to get people about 6 weeks to notice the pool....instead of week 1 where lines go up on monday and and close weds at 10pn it's only a 3 day window to get in.....I figured this was the best alternative to get people in....I by no means made these lines up they are out there for the taking lololololo

What is missing by the way is YOUR different colors and graphics....I'm hoping to win your British open pool next week make it 2 majors in a row!!!

Ps: I just got some practice buying a visa gift card for 100 and it works maaaarvelous Hahahahaha.....

I'm still open open to suggestions if anybody has any ideas how to make the pool better

Jay Trotter
07-09-2013, 11:32 PM
It's all good! :ThmbUp:

My only suggestion would be to pick a date -- say Tuesday morning of each week -- to post that weeks line. You just want to be consistant with that part.

Obviously it's good to get the thread started and stir up some enthusiasm. I don't think anyone would object if you posted a new first week line when the time comes and reposted your plays.

I was just having some fun with you on the first post. I know how tough it can be to run something because everyone has their own thoughts on the matter.

Good luck and I'll be in.

wiffleball whizz
07-10-2013, 02:20 AM
It's all good! :ThmbUp:

My only suggestion would be to pick a date -- say Tuesday morning of each week -- to post that weeks line. You just want to be consistant with that part.

Obviously it's good to get the thread started and stir up some enthusiasm. I don't think anyone would object if you posted a new first week line when the time comes and reposted your plays.

I was just having some fun with you on the first post. I know how tough it can be to run something because everyone has their own thoughts on the matter.

Good luck and I'll be in.

Yes maybe updated lines on the Monday of week 1......maybe upon further review I'll post the lines for week 1 after the last Thursday night of preseason week 4.....although I really don't see these line really moving to much though....

Just stunned at the Browns line.....game has all the making of when the eagles played them last year and had like 7 turn overs hahahaha

Can't wait to get this pool rolling