PDA

View Full Version : Does Java's War remind anybody else of.........

taxicab
07-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Dullahan.
Think about it.
Midway through Dullahan's 3yo year his two best races were the Breeders Futurity/Bluegrass ( both at Keen. ).
Midway through Java's War 3yo season his two best races have been in the same two races, both Gr.1's.
They both have that same dead closer style.
They both are stabled in Kentucky.
Java should run another solid race in the Swaps tomorrow......
Then it gets tricky.
Trainer McPeek seems to be leaning towards the Travers for his guy.
I think "true" dirt is JW least preferred surface.
If Java goes to town tomorrow (which he may very well do ), I wouldn't mind if he would instead take the Dullahan route and appear for Del Mar's premium event.
After all, 3yo's do have a history of running well in the Pacific Classic.

chadk66
07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
interesting take. I don't think were done hearing from this horse yet this year. His best races are still ahead of him I believe.

v j stauffer
07-03-2013, 11:51 PM
interesting take. I don't think were done hearing from this horse yet this year. His best races are still ahead of him I believe.

Java's War has about as much chance of winning the Pacific Classic as I do. Yes Dullahan loves synthetic. However I think he's a very talented horse.

tholl
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Java's War has about as much chance of winning the Pacific Classic as I do. Yes Dullahan loves synthetic. However I think he's a very talented horse.

Great, so will you give me $1 million to one?

v j stauffer
07-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Great, so will you give me $1 million to one?

Where did you come up with that price? With the present state of the older handicap dirt division I was recently installed at 22-1 for the Pacific Classic. And believe me a mile and a quarter is not my best distance. The couch to the fridge is where I shine. Sprint breeding all the way!!

chadk66
07-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Where did you come up with that price? With the present state of the older handicap dirt division I was recently installed at 22-1 for the Pacific Classic. And believe me a mile and a quarter is not my best distance. The couch to the fridge is where I shine. Sprint breeding all the way!!at least it's not in-breeding;)