PDA

View Full Version : Brad Stevens to the Celtics

ManU918
07-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Stevens is a smart guy... One of the best coaches in the NCAA... WTF did he just do? The Celtics are going to be bad for years to come... Hopefully for his sake he got a minimum of a 7 year deal because its going to take that franchise a long time to rebuild and be championship contenders again.

sandpit
07-03-2013, 10:15 PM
didn't Pitino pull this same stunt when he left Kentucky? got a bunch of money from Boston, stunk it up and wound up back in Louisville.

cj
07-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I"m sure he got money that was too good to pass up. The guy isn't dumb, he knows what the Celtics have. If it doesn't work out, big colleges will be lined up trying to get him. It's a no lose.

cj
07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
6 years, 22 mil.

JustRalph
07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
I"m sure he got money that was too good to pass up. The guy isn't dumb, he knows what the Celtics have. If it doesn't work out, big colleges will be lined up trying to get him. It's a no lose.

Exactly what I was thinking. He cashes in, maybe twice.

Ainge is either going to look like a genius or a fool.

Time will tell. If you're Ainge I think if you were ever going to take a gamble like this, this is the guy to pick. I now have a reason to follow the Celts again.

Robert Goren
07-04-2013, 12:08 AM
He joined the club. NBA coaches keep getting rehired over and over again. Once hired as a head coach, you are practically guaranteed 2 or 3 more chances.

wiffleball whizz
07-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Plus he realizes butler not gonna be great this year and another year of non final four he gets lost in shuffle.....great move on his part!!!

I'll win asshole of the year award for seeing this thread and not realizing brad Stevens was butlers coach......till I saw butler highlights