PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at winnerswire.com

horses4courses
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Anyone frequent, or play contests at, winnerswire.com?
If you put up cash for an upcoming contest there, you may need to make inquiries.
Just a heads up......

I played in a few free contests there occasionally.
Think a guy named Gary Jaeckel was trying to promote more traffic from thoroughbred fans,
as the site had mostly harness followers.
Low key, pretty laid back, and seemingly a happy place. Until now.
Received this email from Gary last night:

Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM Message starred from Gary Jaeckel to recipients
Winners Wire FINAL Update

Fellow Cappers: It's to my dismay that I will no longer be a part of the Winners Wire Website. In having a brief talk (on the phone) with Frank Jovine (CAM) tonight, he called my woman, who I love VERY MUCH, an AUNT JEMIMA (yeah she's African American). She took a company that had a MINUS 5% PNL two years ago to a current PNL of POSITIVE 32%. Yeah Frank, she's a real AUNT JEMIMA cotton picking slave working for the "White Folk" here in Richmond, VA. Man, I've been insulted tons of times before, TONS, but that was an ALL TIME LOW. How ****ing dare you Frank. HOW ****ING DARE YOU!!! You're a total POS that I thought you were from Day 1. You're a REAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!!! Anyway.. Parx Challenge SCRAPPED.... NFL League Season II, HISTORY. Anyone who sent in $$$ for The Delaware Park Contest. I suggest for you to get your money back. Maybe "Frank" will have his "Guy" do it. Future Yonkers and any other contests..DONE...Maybe Frank can have his "GUY" do that too. I'm sure I'll get an email from "Frank" saying Vinnybadomboots has a hit on me now. UNREAL I'll keep in touch with some of you that I've become familiar with on the site, Wishing you all the best, Gary J. aka Bloodstock64 I'm sure you'll all be getting an email from Frank to disregard this email. Do what you like but "IT IS WHAT IT IS". Frank is a total bullshitter and racist.

Muddy
07-02-2013, 02:00 PM
To all,

I am deeply sorry for making that reference to Gary kidding around over the phone and I apologize to Gary’s lady more importantly. I felt really bad after I said it and wish I could have taken it back. I am NOT a racist, parents didn’t raise me that way and being a New Yorker for 40 years you learn to love everyone because we are all one people. My disappointment is that Gary took this public when the matter was between us.
I apologize for what I said and I apologize to all of you for being involved from a communication standpoint.

The Wire will continue on and I will maintain the site. The Delaware contest is still on and I will do my best to handle the Parx challenge.

Gary, I know you’re very upset and I don’t blame you. I am truly sorry and I really feel bad. You are a great guy and you made the last couple of years more fun for me and everyone at the Wire.

We kid around a lot and this time I went out of bounds.

My sincere apology

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I guess we could classify this as a Paula Deen moment...or a publicity stunt...take your pick.

camourous
07-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Definitely not a publicity stunt..