PDA

View Full Version : mike tyson quote

precocity
07-01-2013, 09:52 AM
"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died. I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard."

Mike Tyson

LMAO :lol: :lol:

ManU918
07-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Isn't that quote from like 20 years ago? If you think that's good, you should check out the Tyson Documentary. Guy was a ****ing beast.

precocity
07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Isn't that quote from like 20 years ago? If you think that's good, you should check out the Tyson Documentary. Guy was a ****ing beast.
YEAH not for everyone but his humor or when he is just explaining a story from his past cracks me up.

Robert Goren
07-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Mike Tyson for a short period of time he was best there had ever been. A Greek tragedy set in the 1990s.

ManU918
07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Mike Tyson for a short period of time he was best there had ever been. A Greek tragedy set in the 1990s.

If Cus would of stayed alive for his whole career he would of retired as one of if not the greatest of all time.... That's my opinion anyway maybe others see it differently.

ronsmac
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
If Cus would of stayed alive for his whole career he would of retired as one of if not the greatest of all time.... That's my opinion anyway maybe others see it differently.

I loved Mike, but Cus or no Cus there's no way he would have maintained his discipline with all of the fame and money and outside influences. he was getting in lots of trouble even with cuss but they covered most of it up. Teddy Atlas was fired for allegedly pulling a gun on Mike, after Mike attempted to get fresh with his daughter. Mike will always be one of my all time favorites, but he was a ticking time bomb and it was only a matter of time in my opinion.

rastajenk
07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I always thought Tyson would have made a good linebacker, and would have benefitted from the discipline required for team sports. Of course the money wouldn't have been as good, but it would have lessened the need for an army of handlers and hangers-on.

thaskalos
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM
When the great Greek sage Pythagoras wanted to curse someone...he would wish him money and fame.

RaceBookJoe
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Tend to agree, but unfortunately he didn't and Don King came into the picture. Also Kevin Rooney wasn't a great influence either. I actually hung out with Mike on many occasions, he was always polite, well-mannered and soft-spoken, but as another poster mentioned, there was a ticking timebomb inside of him. At first it only came out in the ring when the bell rang, but the loss of Cus, increase of money/fame/girls/DK..it was just a matter of time before things would get ugly.

LottaKash
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Mike Tyson, was probably the hardest hitting boxer I have ever seen...but....

He was a wife beater/raper, and an ear biter, and he is not worth noting on any level except for Boxing...

Poiite or not. he was a criminal that should still be jail, imo...

Marshall Bennett
07-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Tyson was not only a slugger, but a boxer as well. Foreman and Liston didn't last during their prime because they couldn't box. That said, Tyson was a piece of shit that went down as most do that are tops in their sport, but worthless human beings.

MJC922
07-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Monster KO puncher, used his somewhat shorter stature and quickness I think as a huge advantage during a period of time when the ranks were highly suspect. Problem is, through all of the early hype he was never really tested on the chin on the way up and I think in a dream match with the best he'd be floored pretty quickly if anyone managed to connect.

Robert Goren
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
He had the quickest hands of anybody I ever saw by quite a bit and he had power behind that quickness.

buzzy
07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Buster Douglass exposed him. never the same fighter after.. do not consider one of the best, top ten maybe

magwell
07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
First thing Ive seen in here about boxing, and I agree he could hit like a kicking mule but acted like one also......:rolleyes:

woodtoo
07-04-2013, 07:12 PM
He was "scary" good in his prime,I remember the M.Spinks fight,actually I blinked and missed it :DAfter all he's been through since,I'm glad he's turned his life around.That's what second chances are all about.
Good for you Mike.

johnhannibalsmith
07-04-2013, 09:01 PM
If you like Tyson, and his quotes in particular, check out the documentary made a few years ago called "Tyson". It's about 90 minutes and about 80 of that time is him simply narrating in that strange Tyson way. It's actually pretty good. Not quite so much about boxing, but his life from his pretty unfiltered perspective.

Greyfox
07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Mike Tyson was a goon and a convicted rapist. When Ali was in his prime he would have mopped the floor with him.

Robert Fischer
07-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Mike Tyson was a goon and a convicted rapist. When Ali was in his prime he would have mopped the floor with him.

I have to agree. Tyson's career with the exception a few fights was full of arranged fights vs. tomato cans.

Tyson was special fighter in his prime, but he was small, and we never got to see him tested until Douglas. By that time he may have already lost his focus of being great.

Ali would have been a nightmare matchup for Tyson. Tyson's speed would not have hurt Ali, while Ali's size and character would have frustrated Tyson.

A prime Frazier, Foreman, or Klitschko may have made for an entertaining fight.