PDA

View Full Version : Willy Beamin vs. Saratoga Snacks

pele polo
06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Willy Beamin trying to get back on track after one of the more memorable streaks by NY bred last summer.

Saratoga Snacks with a nearly a flawless record off a 7 month layoff. One of his only two losses (both 2nds) was to Lunar Victory who I surely thought would contest graded stakes after his Saratoga win last summer.

Would love to have seen this matchup last fall.

Willy Beamin is 10/1 ML after his 2013 debut flop but ill take my chances with him. He's a Grade 1 winner, can't take that away from him.

Race 8 at Belmont

pele polo
06-30-2013, 04:36 PM
I guess Willy's career was done when Tricky Dick closed shop.

Stillriledup
06-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Congrats Coach, "Snacks" Back in the winners circle where he belongs! :ThmbUp:

That Beamin horse ran in a Grade 1 race on Aug 25 after having won a race on Aug 22. Maybe that "Quick turnaround" was the beginning of the end of his being able to compete at a fairly high level.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Congrats Coach, "Snacks" Back in the winners circle where he belongs! :ThmbUp:

That Beamin horse ran in a Grade 1 race on Aug 25 after having won a race on Aug 22. Maybe that "Quick turnaround" was the beginning of the end of his being able to compete at a fairly high level.

He had a miracle dream trip in the KB and won a 500K G1 w/ a $300K winner share.

It was in no way indicative of his ability. Tough to criticize a lucky stab, after the successful fact.

speed
06-30-2013, 05:13 PM
He had a miracle dream trip in the KB and won a 500K G1 w/ a $300K winner share.

It was in no way indicative of his ability. Tough to criticize a lucky stab, after the successful fact.
How bout the other $350k he earned last year. He was very good for 7 months last year. Medicine or not he was a runner over that time.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2013, 06:50 PM
How bout the other $350k he earned last year. He was very good for 7 months last year. Medicine or not he was a runner over that time.
you are 100% correct

taxicab
07-01-2013, 08:22 PM
That Saratoga Snacks is turning out to be a really nice dude.
He needed the race yesterday, his class carried him to the wire.
Once he was set down, Snacks really got moving.
The way he was extending his front legs was very impressive.
He's just a level better than most NY breds, plain and simple.
Remember he beat Saginaw nicely late last year.
Not many can say that.
Bred to sprint via T.O.C., but he's out of a Red Ransom mare.
He might go on.
I can see this guy doing damage in some type of Graded Stake down the road.
You can't teach talent.....

Stillriledup
07-01-2013, 10:41 PM
That Saratoga Snacks is turning out to be a really nice dude.
He needed the race yesterday, his class carried him to the wire.
Once he was set down, Snacks really got moving.
The way he was extending his front legs was very impressive.
He's just a level better than most NY breds, plain and simple.
Remember he beat Saginaw nicely late last year.
Not many can say that.
Bred to sprint via T.O.C., but he's out of a Red Ransom mare.
He might go on.
I can see this guy doing damage in some type of Graded Stake down the road.
You can't teach talent.....

I don't think he needed the race all that much, the trainer said he's dead fit and ready to roll, i wouldnt expect a massive improvement in his next start under the idea that he might have gotten some conditioning out of that event, although i've been wrong before. ;)

I do agree, this is a great looking, nice striding, powerful performer, he's really good and since he's owned by Bill Parcells, he's really going to be cranked to win at Saratoga, that was his ultimate goal, to win at the Spa, so when he shows up again, expect Bill to be in the crowd and expect this horse to fire a huge shot.