PDA

View Full Version : Gennady Golovkin

magwell
06-30-2013, 12:19 AM
This guy is the most unassuming looking boxer, a 31 yr. old middleweight, he looks like he's a teenager and all he does is knock people out .......

magwell
07-27-2014, 10:45 AM
He did it again last night in MSG and now wants Cotto, should be a great fight if Cotto accepts, this is a fight I'd pay to see and there isn't many I'd do that for........:cool:

ronsmac
07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
He did it again last night in MSG and now wants Cotto, should be a great fight if Cotto accepts, this is a fight I'd pay to see and there isn't many I'd do that for........:cool:I see Cotto having almost no chance.

ronsmac
07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
I've never been high on Cotto. If you can't beat Floyd or Manny, no way you can beat Golovkin. Sergio Martinez was washed up.

magwell
10-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Golovkin fights tonight on HBO........

magwell
10-19-2014, 12:19 AM
That was to easy........:cool:

magwell
05-17-2015, 12:28 AM
Even though he won again 20th straight KO, he finally looks venerable.....;)

ronsmac
05-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Even though he won again 20th straight KO, he finally looks venerable.....;)GGG vs Andre Ward, if Ward ever gets back in the ring.

magwell
05-17-2015, 01:57 AM
GGG vs Andre Ward, if Ward ever gets back in the ring.That's if, but maybe Canelo ......

Hank
05-17-2015, 09:42 AM
GGG =A miniature Joe Louis. Tremendous athletic POWER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gB6yNELKe0

cj
05-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Even though he won again 20th straight KO, he finally looks venerable.....;)

That guy couldn't hurt him, think maybe he was baiting future opponents.

magwell
05-17-2015, 05:10 PM
That guy couldn't hurt him, think maybe he was baiting future opponents.I hope your right .......:cool:

magwell
10-18-2015, 12:25 PM
He just keeps on knocking people out, cant wait to see him fight Cotto or Canelo......:cool:

ronsmac
10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
He just keeps on knocking people out, cant wait to see him fight Cotto or Canelo......:cool:
Hopefully Canelo. I've never been that impressed with Cotto. The real fight would be with Ward.

NorCalGreg
10-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Hopefully Canelo. I've never been that impressed with Cotto. The real fight would be with Ward.

I had it right, ronsmac---you are the board boxing authority...Triple G can make some big money taking out Cotto and Canelo---THEN the real test is if he can get by Andre Ward. Personally, I don't think so. But that's why they have the fights, right?

ronsmac
11-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I had it right, ronsmac---you are the board boxing authority...Triple G can make some big money taking out Cotto and Canelo---THEN the real test is if he can get by Andre Ward. Personally, I don't think so. But that's why they have the fights, right?I wonder if I'm wrong about Cotto. A lot of people think he can beat Canelo. I don't see it though.

ManU918
11-08-2015, 08:49 AM
I wonder if I'm wrong about Cotto. A lot of people think he can beat Canelo. I don't see it though.

Ever since going to Roach, Cotto has looked like a completely different and much better fight IMO. I think there is just too much value in Cotto at +250 not to take a shot.

ronsmac
11-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Ever since going to Roach, Cotto has looked like a completely different and much better fight IMO. I think there is just too much value in Cotto at +250 not to take a shot.I thought Sergio was probably done. Age and injuries caught up with him. I'm not sure of the quality of Cotto's other 2 recent wins. I guess we'll find out. I'm thinking Canelo by late round stoppage.

ManU918
11-22-2015, 12:53 AM
Clock starts ticking tomorrow for Alvarez... Has 15 days to accept a fight with GGG or he will be stripped of the title.

ManU918
11-22-2015, 12:55 AM
I thought Sergio was probably done. Age and injuries caught up with him. I'm not sure of the quality of Cotto's other 2 recent wins. I guess we'll find out. I'm thinking Canelo by late round stoppage.

Cotto's punches looked so weak... I personally thought the fight sucked... Not sure how Lampley called it a "great prize fight"... There really wasn't any action until the 8th round and by then according to the judges scorecards the fight was over.

ronsmac
11-22-2015, 07:18 AM
Cotto's punches looked so weak... I personally thought the fight sucked... Not sure how Lampley called it a "great prize fight"... There really wasn't any action until the 8th round and by then according to the judges scorecards the fight was over.I'm a little upset because I totally forgot about the fight. I'm guessing it has to be Canelo vs Golovkin now. Unless Mayweather throws big money at Canelo for a May rematch.

ManU918
11-22-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm a little upset because I totally forgot about the fight. I'm guessing it has to be Canelo vs Golovkin now. Unless Mayweather throws big money at Canelo for a May rematch.

It doesn't have to be but Canelo will be stripped of the belt if he doesn't agree to fight him. Ultimately I think the fight will happen. Alvarez is a beast. The guy is only 25 years old and look at his resume. Pretty ****ing solid.

ronsmac
11-22-2015, 02:22 PM
It doesn't have to be but Canelo will be stripped of the belt if he doesn't agree to fight him. Ultimately I think the fight will happen. Alvarez is a beast. The guy is only 25 years old and look at his resume. Pretty ****ing solid.
From an entertainment standpoint Canelo vs Golovkin would be better. Sometimes money trumps entertainment though. I really don't need to see Mayweather win another easy decision over Canelo so I'd rather see Golovkin.

ManU918
11-22-2015, 02:52 PM
From an entertainment standpoint Canelo vs Golovkin would be better. Sometimes money trumps entertainment though. I really don't need to see Mayweather win another easy decision over Canelo so I'd rather see Golovkin.

I don't think Mayweather will ever come back. I actually think he meant his retirement this time around. The guy has nothing to prove. If he goes broke then he might return but he has to be far from that given has last fight was only two months ago.

ronsmac
05-12-2016, 04:49 PM
I don't think Mayweather will ever come back. I actually think he meant his retirement this time around. The guy has nothing to prove. If he goes broke then he might return but he has to be far from that given has last fight was only two months ago.Do you get the feeling this Canelo-GGG fight isn't going to happen? Or at least not until Golovkin is 37 or 38 years old. He's 8 or 9 years older than Canelo and the waiting game would seem to favor Canelo. De La Hoya said all the big fights should be made when talking about Mayweather, now I'm reading lots of articles saying he doesn't want to risk his cash cow.

cj
05-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Do you get the feeling this Canelo-GGG fight isn't going to happen? Or at least not until Golovkin is 37 or 38 years old. He's 8 or 9 years older than Canelo and the waiting game would seem to favor Canelo. De La Hoya said all the big fights should be made when talking about Mayweather, now I'm reading lots of articles saying he doesn't want to risk his cash cow.

No way is Canelo going to get in the ring with this guy.

Valuist
05-12-2016, 08:08 PM
I thought this thread was about the Russian trainer who runs his horses every 5-6 days and moves from track to track. He used to race at FG & AP. Now I think he's at GP.

PhantomOnTour
05-13-2016, 02:06 AM
I thought this thread was about the Russian trainer who runs his horses every 5-6 days and moves from track to track. He used to race at FG & AP. Now I think he's at GP.
That's Gennadi Dorochenko

ronsmac
05-13-2016, 12:23 PM
No way is Canelo going to get in the ring with this guy.
The whole 155 pound limit seems like such a farce. Especially when. Canelo reportedly steps in the ring between 170 and 175 pounds. They should weigh these guys 2 hours before the fight not a day and a half. I think he outweighed Mayweather by more than 15 pounds when they actually set foot in the ring.

cj
05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
The whole 155 pound limit seems like such a farce. Especially when. Canelo reportedly steps in the ring between 170 and 175 pounds. They should weigh these guys 2 hours before the fight not a day and a half. I think he outweighed Mayweather by more than 15 pounds when they actually set foot in the ring.

The weigh in thing is definitely something that needs changing.

ronsmac
07-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Holy cow!!! Kel Brook has agreed to fight GGG in September. I will not miss this one.