PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Saturday

Zapper
06-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Plenty of action with a few finals on the go.Anyone like anything tonight at this track?

Ray2000
06-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Here's what I like

Key box Exactas
Pocono R2.......1/4,8 ...St Pete Star-5/2
Pocono R3.......6/8,1,4 ...Smoother Ride-3/1
Pocono R4.......4/7,3 ...Blended Whiskey-4/1

Pocono R7.......5/1,4,3 ...Lonewolf Currier-5/2
Pocono R8.......3/1,7 ...Abelard Hanover-7/2

Race 10
#4 Rockin Amadeus with Pierce
I used him as the popper at 16/1 from a bad post against "The Captain" in the elim and he showed.
He may not be as good as 9 or 7 but I'm going to pick him to upset tonight...

Pocono R14......3/8,1,2 ...Musselsfrmbrussels-5/2
Pocono R15......4/2,8,6 ...Take It Back Terry-5/2
Pocono R16......2/3,5,4 ...B N Bad-3/1

Good Luck Everyone

Sinner369
06-29-2013, 12:59 PM
All the elimination winners still have to draw for post is archaic.......!

So the Captain is in post nine, Sunfire has post eight and Emeritus has post five............!

Makes for an interesting betting race.

Does anyone know where one can download a Free Program for Pocono tonite?

wiffleball whizz
06-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Plenty of action with a few finals on the go.Anyone like anything tonight at this track?

Could be the greatest card of all time at Pocono....I'll be handicapping pretty soon....if foiled again wins tonight he has to be considered top 5 harness horses of all time....even if he doesn't win still top 5.....

Think I may like pet rock

Why isn't there a pick 4 for those races....so stupid

Zapper
06-29-2013, 01:02 PM
http://www.horseplayerinteractive.com/pdf/pdfs/cProg/i87941/Past_Performance_Program.pdf

Sinner369
06-29-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.horseplayerinteractive.com/pdf/pdfs/cProg/i87941/Past_Performance_Program.pdf

It says "not eligible" for program...........!!!

wiffleball whizz
06-29-2013, 02:20 PM
It says "not eligible" for program...........!!!

Pm me ill
Send u poconos program tonight

Zapper
06-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Try this
http://alturl.com/2s9jv

wiffleball whizz
06-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Try this

Not sure about now but back in 2000-2003 those woodbine horseplayer interactive booths had some of the cutest girls working there.....used to lose my card 3x a trip just to talk to them
Hahahaha

Sinner369
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Try this

Again same message...........do you have to be a member?

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 05:37 PM
In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I just wanted to mention a horse that I am currently following...

Every year I single out and follow closely, a couple of dozen of horses that like to win races....And, these horses are ones, that once they become fast & fit, will hold their form for long periods of time....These horses are always worth a look to me, and when properly placed and matched usually do very well over the long haul....

In tonites "Big-Nite" @Pokie, in the 11th race, there is one of these "pet" horses that I always watching...

His name is "DYNAMIC YOUTH"....But, I gotta tell you tho, he is very up against it, from the #9-hole vs. with this nice field of Free for Allers....Still, if something goes wrong, and he is in position, he has a decent chance of capitalizing on the wrong....

I am not touting him in this situation, at all, but if he were to winit tonite, I wouldn't be shocked, but mainly just surprised, vs. this bunch....

This guy seems to me at least, to be maybe a late foal or a late bloomer, but he has done nothing but improve since starting his 4yo season....And, I am pleased to see that he has gone right to the top of the class while running and performing very well vs. some of the best ones currently in racing....He possess' attributes, pacewise, that I put a lot stock in....I won't reveal what that is, as it is proprietary in a way, and like Traynor always says " I can't give away the store "...

I just like this guy is all....

Good luck with your bets and rooting tonite at Pokie....A very high quality of top level racing tonite, I think....

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM
In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I just wanted to mention a horse that I am currently following...

Every year I single out and follow closely, a couple of dozen of horses that like to win races....And, these horses are ones, that once they become fast & fit, will hold their form for long periods of time....These horses are always worth a look to me, and when properly placed and matched usually do very well over the long haul....

In tonites "Big-Nite" @Pokie, in the 11th race, there is one of these "pet" horses that I always watching...

His name is "DYNAMIC YOUTH"....But, I gotta tell you tho, he is very up against it, from the #9-hole vs. with this nice field of Free for Allers....Still, if something goes wrong, and he is in position, he has a decent chance of capitalizing on the wrong....

I am not touting him in this situation, at all, but if he were to winit tonite, I wouldn't be shocked, but mainly just surprised, vs. this bunch....

This guy seems to me at least, to be maybe a late foal or a late bloomer, but he has done nothing but improve since starting his 4yo season....And, I am pleased to see that he has gone right to the top of the class while running and performing very well vs. some of the best ones currently in racing....He possess' attributes, pacewise, that I put a lot stock in....I won't reveal what that is, as it is proprietary in a way, and like Traynor always says " I can't give away the store "...

I just like this guy is all....

Good luck with your bets and rooting tonite at Pokie....A very high quality of top level racing tonite, I think....

I failed to mention this but the 11th race is the $500K "Ben Franklin Pace"...

again, GL with your bets !!!:jump:

cmp92
06-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Track listed as sloppy at Pocono.

EDIT: Must have been an error on the track feed, looks like a beautiful day down there. Fast track for sure.

HWIG
06-29-2013, 06:42 PM
My 10th Race Selection: (1-7-9)

1..MARTINI HANOVER last four races started from the outside and parked the first quarter in each, previous out of the #4pt went wire to wire at this track. A chance at a price

Nothing like fun at the track

cmp92
06-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Uncle Peter wins the first at 1-9. Finished in 1:50.3, a world record for trotters on a 5/8 track.

cmp92
06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Bolt the Duer paces in 1:47.4, fastest pacing mile at Pocono.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Bolt the Duer paces in 1:47.4, fastest pacing mile at Pocono.

Yikes !...Didja see that late burst of speed from BTD, in that one.....

cmp92
06-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Yikes !...Didja see that late burst of speed from BTD, in that one.....
That was impressive. Heston Blue Chip looked much better after a poor race last week. :25.4 third quarter, I believe. Sweet Lou looked badly overmatched.

outofthebox
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Tetrick has no choice but to use his horses from the outside in the big races. What a speed favoring track. It's the leaders or the pocket that's winning the races.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 08:55 PM
That was impressive. Heston Blue Chip looked much better after a poor race last week. :25.4 third quarter, I believe. Sweet Lou looked badly overmatched.

Yes, Heston is back I think, and I think you will see more of him next....

Sweet Lou is not right....I saw that last week...His trainer said he broke last week because of a poor tuck, but I didn't believe it ....Poor wager at 6/5, I thought....

cmp92
06-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Track has been downgraded to sloppy.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Tetrick has no choice but to use his horses from the outside in the big races. What a speed favoring track. It's the leaders or the pocket that's winning the races.

Yes, the track is lightning fast tonite....Poor Posted horses almost don't stand a chance tonite....

Except for one thing, as I write this it is pouring rain big time....Still, Pokie, soon after a rain favors early speed, so unless something happens to change things, it will most likely be business as usual ....

cmp92
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, Heston is back I think, and I think you will see more of him next....

Sweet Lou is not right....I saw that last week...His trainer said he broke last week because of a poor tuck, but I didn't believe it ....Poor wager at 6/5, I thought....
HBC apparently had some ulcer problems earlier in the season. He bounced back to win one of his starts, and then threw in that clunker last week.

Gingras posted on Twitter that Lou hit a knee and broke last week. Take it for what it's worth. I found that Gingras generally gives out pretty reliable opinions about his drives.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 09:02 PM
HBC apparently had some ulcer problems earlier in the season. He bounced back to win one of his starts, and then threw in that clunker last week.

Gingras posted on Twitter that Lou hit a knee and broke last week. Take it for what it's worth. I found that Gingras generally gives out pretty reliable opinions about his drives.

STill, that is not what I saw tonite....He looked nothing like his ability...

Hey the guy is trying to be a stud soon, so they gotta keep hyping the hoss...Not that Gingras is a fibber....

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 09:05 PM
This next r-9 with the 3yo stakes fillies looks like a speed fest....I wouldn't touch this race with a ten foot pole....no value anywhere, and too many wonderings of who will be "Last to be First"...

cmp92
06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
STill, that is now what I saw tonite....He looked nothing like his ability...
I definitely agree he looked bad last week. He wanted the lead and broke, you don't really see pacers make a break ever. This week he sat back and stayed in most of the mile. He looked like he was struggling at times to keep up with the horse in front of him. Definitely not what you expect from a horse like him. I suppose the cue was there on the toteboard that he was suspect. Opened up at 8-1 or 9-1 I believe.

outofthebox
06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Hats off to Abelard Hanover who has won 10 out of his last 11 races!

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Hats off to Abelard Hanover who has won 10 out of his last 11 races!

That hoss is a friggin freak this season.....He keeps on impressing me with each successive start....Where or when it will end, I dunno...

cmp92
06-29-2013, 09:33 PM
I Luv the Nitelife wins 1:50.0. The lead/pocket trip wins again. Awesome filly. 7-5.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I Luv the Nitelife wins 1:50.0. The lead/pocket trip wins again. Awesome filly. 7-5.

Yes sir, she surely showed this eve.....

Still if the 3, Ms Caila J Fra, who was a legitmate contender, hadn't broke so early in the event, there may have been a more, interesting outcome, just maybe....

The class leader got the job done all the same....

cmp92
06-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes sir, she surely showed this eve.....

Still if the 3, Ms Caila J Fra, who was a legitmate contender, hadn't broke so early in the event, there may have been a more, interesting outcome, just maybe....

The class leader got the job done all the same....
Ms Caila J Fra was the only horse I worried about there. Nice filly too.

The Captain raced huge. Vegas was charging late but just not enough. More hot fractions in the slop. Just an incredible horse.

precisionk
06-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Foiled Again is just simply the best ever. Bar none. My favorite horse of all time wins again!

You show me a horse who has more heart that has raced this long. Will never see that in tbreds! :cool:

cmp92
06-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Foiled Again breaks the $5 million mark. Had to grind it out without cover down most of the backstretch. 1:49.2

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Foiled Again breaks the $5 million mark. Had to grind it out without cover down most of the backstretch. 1:49.2

What can anyone say....This guys just shows year after year when the bigKash is on the line,,,,,

And how about Dynamic Youth.....Gee he put in a good mile....The poor guy shot out of there and grabbed the 3hole, in 25 and change on changing track, and then got shuffled to last on the rail, yet McCarthy still gave him a legitimate shot while in a severe blindswitch late in the mile.....Still, he finished with much gusto tonite...Keep your eye on him, I'd say....He is sitting on a big one I think....soon...:jump:

cmp92
06-29-2013, 10:26 PM
What can anyone say....This guys just shows year after year when the bigKash is on the line,,,,,

And how about Dynamic Youth.....Gee he put in a good mile....The poor guy shot out of there and grabbed the 3hole, in 25 and change on changing track, and then got shuffled to last on the rail, yet McCarthy still gave him a legitimate shot while in a severe blindswitch late in the mile.....Still, he finished with much gusto tonite...Keep your eye on him, I'd say....He is sitting on a big one I think....soon...:jump:
I guess you can say the race really was a "free-for-all" :D

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I guess you can say the race really was a "free-for-all" :D

Yahoo, it was a thriller right to the line.....:jump: :jump: :jump:

cmp92
06-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Yahoo, it was a thriller right to the line.....:jump: :jump: :jump:
Really, it was a great card. Lots of exciting races.

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Really, it was a great card. Lots of exciting races.

Betting-wise tho...I didn't bet jack...haha....

I only made a token bet on my $38.00 "pet horse" Dynamic Youth....

Still, even after all these 50 some years of watching hoss-racin, I still love the big nites when they come each year...

precisionk
06-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Here is something I just thought of that I have never noticed, they ever have special saddle cloths for the big races like the tbreds do?

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Here is something I just thought of that I have never noticed, they ever have special saddle cloths for the big races like the tbreds do?

I don't or didn't see that tonite Ink, or perhaps I just didn't notice....Seemed business as usual at a glance...

LottaKash
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
In the 15th, I am not sure what kind of odds youwill get on the #4 Take It Back

Terry, but he is sitting on some "pace-numbers" that can be quite "EXPLOSIVE" at times...

Sinner369
06-30-2013, 02:54 AM
I see the Captain has won again; parked for the whole mile on an off track.

I am beginning to think this horse is something special..........he just wins on any kind of track never by too much or is he just playing with the opposition?

LottaKash
06-30-2013, 12:52 PM

I am beginning to think this horse is something special..........he just wins on any kind of track never by too much or is he just playing with the opposition?

Sin, yeah, ya gotta hand it to the guy, as he just seems to find a way to come out on top of his peers, regardless of the modus operandi of the pace....Every darn week it seems...

Very gutty and brave hoss, he is the "Captain" alright.....I just love the hard tryers....:jump:

cmp92
06-30-2013, 03:48 PM

Definitely a big mile for him. He did have a helmet to follow even though he was parked out. Word Power did all the dirty work for him. Vegas Vacation came first over just as Fool Me Once tried to speed away in the NA Cup and towed Captain into a good striking spot. Still very impressive, he just has a knack for winning.