PDA

View Full Version : 6/28 FP R4

cordep17
06-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Fairmount Park
Race 4 Allowance n1x
:2: (8/5 ML) Bettors have held this one pretty high in his only races at Fairmount (his last 2). He was 1.8 and 2.1 to 1 and failed to deliver in both. He is a pressure type that has fallen back in the stretch in both of his last starts, finishing 4th by 7 and a 2nd by 9. In a state-bred allowance that he did well in, he had on off track, which should be reason to assume he should have handled the slop well at FP, but he didn't. He either doesn't like the surface or isn't the same horse. While still good, he looks beatable.
:5: (2/1 ML) Yet another one that I think to be beatable. He picked up some cash here as a 2yo finishing 3rd in an uncompetitive stakes effort. 60 races into his career, it seems this horse has performed too well on a consistent basis to have only 3 wins. Seems a horse that can get involved in an exotic way, but he has been backed throughout his career in the win pool and bettors have suffered.
:6:(8/1 ML) Good Closer type who was a bit too distanced in his last to get involved in the action. He finished a distant third against a few of the same horses. He has been very competitive against better, and it is easier to dismiss a lackluster performance of a closer. They stepped him up in class last, showing confidence. He didn't get much a chance in last, but is returning to face the same. I get the vibe that he is capable if he can get the right pace.
:3: (6/1 ML) I give this one no shot. Looks to be in good form, and the trainer is probably putting him in an allowance race to prep him at a mile against the appropriate class level. Poor sprint to route record tells me trainer is probably running this race because he knows he isn't ready to win at the distance. Just wants to prep for later things to come.
:1: (4-1 ML) I think this one is the winner. I'm not really sure about what happened last race. I just hope all it was was a misfire and he is still the horse he has been on a consistent basis this year. He belongs at the level, and has narrowly missed a few times. Only 6 horses in the field, so I like that he prefers to be up close. The rail usually plays well at FP, and this one doesn't mind being up against the rail. With questionable favorites, I hope to get this one at a price.
:4: (15-1 ML) Has one of the leading riders. I would usually count that for more, but this is only a 6 horse field, so I won't think on it too hard.

The Play:
Ladder the 1...$5-win...$10-place

cordep17
06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
It always happens to me...He went off at 6-1, but after they got through the first turn he dropped to 7/2.

So very close...I thought I was going to get it, and he ran a very impressive race.

Order of Finish:
:2: off at 3/5...beat the 1 by 1/2 a length
:1: off at 7/2... beat the 6 by 2
:6: off at 13/1...closing fast
:5: way behind the 6