PDA

View Full Version : RDSS Prize Draw - 'Poll'

Ted Craven
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Here is the Poll for the RDSS Draw Prize for the ASD Ultimate Parlay Challenge Contest. The overall Contest winner receives: 2 months of Unlimited RDSS Data from TrackMaster, 2 months RDSS software subscription and 2 hours one-on-one mentoring by phone and remote computer connection (nominal value: $346). Further details --> here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99691).

In addition, a second, identical RDSS Prize will be awarded by random draw from those Contestants who vote in the Poll attached to this Thread (i.e. enter the draw), regardless of their finish position in the Contest.

If you don’t win the Prize Draw in this Contest, you can enter again in the next contest – plus, your entry from this Contest carries forward to the next contest you play in, resulting in multiple entries for the next draw.

This is a 'public' Poll (your User Name will show) so the draw master, Jay Trotter, will know who has entered the draw.

In the meanwhile, if you are interested in a free evaluation of RDSS, please read this (here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99691)) and give me a shout.

Any questions, just ask them here. Good luck - and good skill - to all!

Ted
ted {at} SartinMethodology.com

DeltaLover
06-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Sorry if I am out of topic but I did not really though we need a separate thread for this...

Of course I know the theory, have read Brohamer's book several times. I disagree with the approach but I have to admit that since it has been around for so long time it should be doing something good.

I still have some questions about it, that I have not found a satisfactory answer so far:

(1) How do you select the race to use for your figures? Is is the most recent, the best one or something else?

(2) How do you adjust for track variant? It is not clear to me if you are using the classical track variant or some other more exotic version of it

(3) How do you handle differences in distances? For example 6.5F on Keenland vs 6F on Calder?

(4) If my memory serves me correctly, Sartin methodology is using several derivate figures, is there an explanation of how they are derived or they just consist arbitrary composites based in experience?

Ted Craven
07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
DeltaLover, sorry for the delayed response (I am off recuperating from a surgery this week and next: can't type very well or very long).

I will respond in full to your questions in a future thread in the Handicapping software Forum, as soon as I can. Meanwhile, there is an entire website devoted to the Sartin Methodology (http://www.sartinmethodology.com) and the details you have requested - though the answers may not come as succinctly as you prefer.

For now, your points:

2. Daily Track Variant (DTV) and Inter Track variant (ITV) supplied by TrackMaster.

3. Distance to Distance adjustment table, tweaked by ITV.

Points 1 & 4 require more elaboration. As soon as I can.

Thanks!

Ted

DeltaLover
07-03-2013, 06:41 AM
DeltaLover, sorry for the delayed response (I am off recuperating from a surgery this week and next: can't type very well or very long).

I will respond in full to your questions in a future thread in the Handicapping software Forum, as soon as I can. Meanwhile, there is an entire website devoted to the Sartin Methodology (http://www.sartinmethodology.com) and the details you have requested - though the answers may not come as succinctly as you prefer.

For now, your points:

2. Daily Track Variant (DTV) and Inter Track variant (ITV) supplied by TrackMaster.

3. Distance to Distance adjustment table, tweaked by ITV.

Points 1 & 4 require more elaboration. As soon as I can.

Thanks!

Ted

As far as #4 what I am asking here is why Sartin selected this specific methodology over anything else similar. We can create infinite derivatives based in the past performances, so I am wondering why these specific metrics where chosen? Was this the result of some related research that applying some fitting methodology concluded to these or the process was more empirical, using more common sense and experience ?

As far as #2 what is not clear to me, is how this variant affects the pure numbers. What is the approach to make any adjustment to the clear numbers? I my case for example, I am considering things like day of the week and season and have very concrete rules about adjustments I am making to the pace or final figures, how you are performing similar calculations?

As far as #3, again this is a very deep topic when it comes to pace handicapping. It is not clear to me how the adjustment table works or where to find it.

More than this, please feel better, rest and dream about monster paydays at the track, SPA is around the corner, so be ready !