PDA

View Full Version : Hastings Park.

Skanoochies
06-27-2013, 06:03 PM
....No racing Sat. afternoon. Just Sun. and the Monday holiday. That`s gotta be a first in a long time out here. Shortage of horses? :confused:

lamboguy
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
i had guys from there look at my horses that i sell. those people don't want to pay. just an example, i offered one of those guys a horse for $10,000, the guy offered me $5000. the horse sold in the 2 yo in training sale a week later for $22,000.

the new york trainers come to look at my horses and have no problem paying. you wait and see how big a meet they will have at Saratoga this year, its probably going to be the biggest ever. i guarantee you that they don't have to cancel due to lack of horses this summer.

Charli125
06-27-2013, 07:19 PM
the new york trainers come to look at my horses and have no problem paying.

Well obviously people racing for NY purses are going to be willing and able to spend more on horses than people racing for Hastings purses.

Mineshaft
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
More money in NY than at Hastings. Fact....

HuggingTheRail
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
What is odd about the shortage of horses at Hastings is that its on the bottom end of the scale. In the past, shortages/cancellations have happened because they couldn't fill mid-high level claiming and allowance races.

Over the past year, a lot of the lower claimers have moved to Northlands, Marquis Downs, with others getting claimed while winter racing at Turf Paradise. Not sure where Hastings can pick up more low level horses....Emerald and soon to open Portland Meadows don't come up to Hastings in great numbers.

EMD4ME
08-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Very annoyed. Alive to the PICK 6 with 5 out of 8 horses to close.

THEY WON'T LET US KNOW WHAT IS PAYING WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

$140,000 Jackpot Carryover.

Over $24,000 bet today. (50% is given back if more than 1 person hits).

All they say is $14.40 is alive to the last.

The 2 stupid knuckleheads doing their feed giggle and say: Should be a carryover for Friday night of $156,000 and change.

Other knucklehead says: Maybe....as most are covered.

HEY DUMBASSES. I'm supporting your pools mightily tonight, don't ya think the least you can do is GIVE ME THE BLANKEN WILL PAYS?????????????

I don't care about the late scratch fiasco that happened elsewhere. I know how to count, I know who the fav is the at the post. I can add 1 plus 1.

Hate that excuse. GIVE ME THE WILL PAYS! Is that too much too ask????

EMD4ME
08-22-2016, 11:06 PM
So I hit an 8/1 shot in the last AND DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING.

DOES ANYONE SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT????

In what game do you BET, WIN and even after they hit the wire, you don't know what you are getting????

Pathetic.

HuggingTheRail
08-22-2016, 11:59 PM

The 2 stupid knuckleheads doing their feed giggle and say: Should be a carryover for Friday night of $156,000 and change.

HEY DUMBASSES. I'm supporting your pools mightily tonight, don't ya think the least you can do is GIVE ME THE BLANKEN WILL PAYS?????????????

I don't care about the late scratch fiasco that happened elsewhere. I know how to count, I know who the fav is the at the post. I can add 1 plus 1.

I know they scroll the DD, P3, and P4 - I will ask around on Friday when I am there and see if I can get an answer as to why they never show P6

ReplayRandall
08-23-2016, 12:08 AM
No record of Pick-6 payout for Hastings Race #7, via full result chart from Equibase:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=HST&raceDate=08/22/2016&cy=CAN&rn=7

jballscalls
08-23-2016, 12:36 AM
I think the schedule change is cause of the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) which is a 17 day fair which shares the grounds with the track.

HuggingTheRail
08-23-2016, 01:09 AM
I think the schedule change is cause of the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) which is a 17 day fair which shares the grounds with the track.

That is correct....racing Monday (5pm) and Friday (7pm), with Labour Day a 150pm start

Parkview_Pirate
08-24-2016, 06:37 AM

The "alive" amount lets you know that 72 tickets are alive across the 8 horses, which meant that a longshot might only have 20 cents on it, taking down the whole pool. You do have a valid complaint, though posting the will pays on any live "jackpot" horse brings up intense scrutiny on that jockey's ride.

Personally, I prefer the payout to be hidden, but that's just me. I had three horses live in that last leg, but didn't think any were going to take down the whole pool. Your pick though, with the 8-1 shot winner, must have kept you on the edge of your seat for a few minutes, though the payout $15xx (?) would seem to indicate about 7 or 8 winning tickets. A far cry from $155K.....

EMD4ME
08-24-2016, 04:40 PM
I appreciate all responses. The payout was a bit light for the winners involved but that's OK as it was a shot at the big carryover before the pool get too big. Still think its minor league to not post will pays.

cj
08-24-2016, 07:10 PM
I appreciate all responses. The payout was a bit light for the winners involved but that's OK as it was a shot at the big carryover before the pool get too big. Still think its minor league to not post will pays.

Didn't Gulfstream stop posting them for Rainbow 6 bets too after a late scratch changed a line winner to a split?

EMD4ME
08-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Didn't Gulfstream stop posting them for Rainbow 6 bets too after a late scratch changed a line winner to a split?

Doesn't make it OK.

Anyone really playing this game (and surviving) has the brain cells to understand that IF I have a pool scoping horse AND a horse get's scratched into me, it's no longer a pool scoper.

I don't need my expectations managed by an industry that doesn't give a DOG DROPPING about their clients (horseplayers).

I need them to tell me, 5 seconds after the next to last race is official, who is paying what and how much.

That way I can maybe play a $500 exacta cover/$1000 win cover bet etc.

Stupid **** annoys me as it can take from my pocket.

GP is a complete joke. I bet near nothing at that joke of a racetrack.

None of this was meant towards you, just openly responding.

EMD4ME
08-24-2016, 07:34 PM
The "alive" amount lets you know that 72 tickets are alive across the 8 horses, which meant that a longshot might only have 20 cents on it, taking down the whole pool. You do have a valid complaint, though posting the will pays on any live "jackpot" horse brings up intense scrutiny on that jockey's ride.

Personally, I prefer the payout to be hidden, but that's just me. I had three horses live in that last leg, but didn't think any were going to take down the whole pool. Your pick though, with the 8-1 shot winner, must have kept you on the edge of your seat for a few minutes, though the payout $15xx (?) would seem to indicate about 7 or 8 winning tickets. A far cry from $155K.....

This was a very thoughtful and courteous reply and I thank you sincerely Parkview Pirate.

No buts coming.

All I want to add is, I would intensely scrutinize every rider in every race. I get your point though.......