PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Wednesday 6/26/13 Pick Six $248K Carryover First Impressions

RunForTheRoses
06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Going to put in a ticket tomorrow, here's what I see after a quick look through, don't see too many locks/singles

4th- The 1 is 7/5 ML in a NY Bred low level race, horse was 29/1 against similar last time, probably will at least use some but I would hardly feel confident singling. the second choice the 3 is a recent Clement maiden breaker who has always been well bet and the 6 is an older Levine who I will use (any opinions on 3yo vs older this time of year?)
Casting a wide net I think the 2 and 4 wouldn't be a total surprise.

5th-The Hushion 3/5 ML second time starter who was 4/5 in debut should win and I probably need a single so...but why on shelf since May 4th? 4/5/7 coul;d upset

6th-This is a very contentious race, I would like to throw out the Ness horse, for some reason I thought he was poor on the Turf but not according to DRF stats, he's also going well at Bel. The 5 is Asmussen-he ain't been winning like he used to, at least in NY, could just be a bad streak, the 4 I think is a good one at a price, gotta like Bush, right? 1/2/4 should also be considered.

7th-Who is Danny Gargan? His horse is possible single, like a few others too

8th-David Jacobsen casts a cloud over this race, plus we have a Baffert, who unless he can work some juju looks too slow here. Then you have Chad and a second off layoff Assmussen who would figure if he can get back to last year's form.

9th- another contentious race with no real standout, O'Brien's horse I may not use because his running style doesn't seem to gel with distance but this is a cheapo race.