PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: no new security measures

wiffleball whizz
06-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Saratoga not letting the actions of 2 people ruin everybody's good time at the spa......great move on there part.....could Definitly have did some things and made revenue off it but they didn't and I applaud them for it

Looks like your PA outing will be business as usuall!!!!

Al Gobbi
06-24-2013, 04:19 PM
note that they mentioned "at this time".

Longshot6977
06-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Just to add a little more info:
They had a meeting today and I found this on the Bloodhorse site.

"It was also announced that at this point there are no new security measures in place for the Saratoga meeting, and that patrons will be able to bring in coolers as they have in the past. Coolers were among the many items prohibited at this year's Belmont Stakes, in the wake of heightened security following the Boston Marathon bombings."

They also improved the parking situation a little and added walking track tours for $3

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/79065/nyra-outlines-plans-for-2013-saratoga-meet?source=rss#ixzz2XBT0hKfc

Saratoga_Mike
06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Delaware Park still allows coolers, charcoal grills and clear bags - no backpacks, though. However, I don't think that rule is actually being enforced, given I saw a guy walking around with a backpack on Saturday - he was inside the simulcast area.