PDA

View Full Version : Nik Wallenda Grand Canyon Skywire

ManU918
06-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Anyone else have this nonsense on? Odds are +1500 that he falls at a few offshore shops.

PhantomOnTour
06-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I have it on now...

who has bigger balls, Wallenda or Felix Baumgartner??

ManU918
06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I had to mute it... He's annoying.

PhantomOnTour
06-23-2013, 10:09 PM
And to top it all off - the naked show is up next on Discovery !

ManU918
06-23-2013, 10:24 PM
And to top it all off - the naked show is up next on Discovery !

I left it on to see what it was about and they just showed the inside of some dudes foot after a snake bit it... I almost gagged... half from that and half because my friend just texted me and asked if that was Tim Tebow walking across the wire... LOL was he serious having Joel Osteen there?

ManU918
06-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Wait I just looked up again from my laptop... Are these people seriously walking around in the jungle ass naked? WTF?

Actor
06-24-2013, 04:02 PM
I left it on to see what it was about and they just showed the inside of some dudes foot after a snake bit it... I almost gagged... half from that and half because my friend just texted me and asked if that was Tim Tebow walking across the wire... LOL was he serious having Joel Osteen there?A very religious person, he was praying all the way across. Apparently he forgot about the part that says "Thou shalt not temp the Lord thy God", or some such.

So he falls, gets killed, and the first thing Saint Peter asks is "WTF did you think you were doing?" :lol:

Actor
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Wait I just looked up again from my laptop... Are these people seriously walking around in the jungle ass naked? WTF?They were each allowed to bring along one item from civilization. My choice would have been a pair of shoes. I wouldn't make it a mile in bare feet.

magwell
06-24-2013, 08:26 PM
I have it on now...

who has bigger balls, Wallenda or Felix Baumgartner?? Photo, probably a dead heat.....

Longshot6977
06-24-2013, 08:45 PM
A very religious person, he was praying all the way across. Apparently he forgot about the part that says "Thou shalt not temp the Lord thy God", or some such.

So he falls, gets killed, and the first thing Saint Peter asks is "WTF did you think you were doing?" :lol:

He must have said Christ, Lord, God, King, Savior etc over 500 times in the 22 minutes on the wire. I counted 50 times in the first couple of minutes, then stopped counting. He gave the Navaho Indian leader a small box with a tiny statue of liberty in it. The Indian didn't seem impressed

sandpit
06-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Osteen is Satan dressed in lamb's clothing...that aside, walking that wire is as ballsy as anything I've ever seen. But the worst thing about the Discovery Channel broadcast was then 90 minute hypefest before the actual event; it was like 4 hours of pre-Super Bowl nonsense.

TJDave
06-24-2013, 11:56 PM
But the worst thing about the Discovery Channel broadcast was then 90 minute hypefest before the actual event; it was like 4 hours of pre-Super Bowl nonsense.

You may not be old enough to remember Evil Kenevil's Grand Canyon rocket ship jump. It made this look like summer camp.

Longshot6977
06-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Evil Kenevil's ......

Anything he did =:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Actor
06-25-2013, 07:38 PM
You may not be old enough to remember Evil Kenevil's Grand Canyon rocket ship jump. It made this look like summer camp.Knievel tried to jump the Snake River Canyon, not the Grand Canyon. He didn't make it.

Knievel did want to jump the Grand Canyon. He published some numbers. His plan was to have a ramp angled upward as 30 degrees. With rocket assist he would leave the ramp at 400 mph. The distance to the other side was one mile. If you do the math you'll find he would be about half way across before dropping below the canyon rim.

Engineers told Knievel this and he said they did not know what they were talking about. :rolleyes:

Actor
06-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Interesting bit of trivia about Knievel. After he died a story started circulating on the internet that he had been married to actress Sue Lyon who played the title role in Stanley Kubrick's movie Lolita. The genesis of the story is obviously the fact that Lyon played role of Knievel's real life wife on screen.

sandpit
06-25-2013, 09:48 PM
You may not be old enough to remember Evil Kenevil's Grand Canyon rocket ship jump. It made this look like summer camp.

Yeah, I was a teenager when he tried that; pulled the chute almost immediately after he blasted off.

Actor
06-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I was a teenager when he tried that; pulled the chute almost immediately after he blasted off.He didn't pull the chute. The chute was controlled by a "dead man switch". He had to be alive and conscious to keep it from deploying. The launch knocked him out, he let go of the switch and the chute deployed.

Tom
06-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Niagara Falls.....tame.
Grand Canyon......a cake walk.

The REAL dangerous feat is now scheduled to happen in New York City.
Two possibilities being considered:

1. Try to buy a 32 ounce drink
2. Get between UpChuck Schummer and a TV camera.

Either way, this is real death-defying stuff next year! :eek: