PDA

View Full Version : Official PA "Stable Mail" thread.

Stillriledup
06-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Add any horse here that you see around the country that you think we all need to add to our stable mail, with a little writeup if you feel like it.
Here's one to start.

Dora Dora

She's a 3yo Filly by Donerail Court who won tonight at Charles Town in the 3rd race. She had 3 lifetime starts heading into this race with Beyers of 30, 46 and 51. I'm guessing her winning Beyer tonight will be higher than 51, but this is a horse who is infinitely better than the Beyers suggest. She's great looking with a long stride, some high knee action, but she seems to have power, she was off a beat slow here, rushed up powerfully to engage 3 wide, and just crushed the field while being pretty much on her own, really reaching out the right way.

Now, i know she beat slowpokes, but the way she did it and the way she looks, she could be any kind of horse in the West Va bred ranks. She seems like a real 'open company' type of horse, WV breds are really going to have to do some running to beat her when she shows up again, if she shows up again at CT or Mtn. She's raced at Laurel, Pimlico and Delaware and now CT, so she could really show up anywhere next time.

Mineshaft
06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
are we looking for horses that will win at next asking?

Stillriledup
06-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Hard to say because we don't know when or where they will show up, maybe they'll be outclassed in their next effort, you have to play it by ear i guess.

I would probably suggest to list a horse who seems better than it looks on paper, or a horse that really caught your eye visually. I think each one of us can determine if we want to bet that horse next time out, depending on the situation.

nijinski
06-22-2013, 09:39 PM
If we could only know for sure who "will" win at next asking . Some of us could retire from our jobs :D .
But I like the idea of the thread . Always good to have horses to watch
for the future . At these small tracks some of you guys might bring those odds way down though ;)

Phantombridgejumpe
06-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Sixteen Stone broke his maiden at Parx this week. I was there and the people around him looked very serious. I would say pleased with the win (more satisfied than happy).

It is a Kelly Breen horse, I don't think Breen was there, but a couple guys jumped on the phone with another trainer or owner of the horse right after the race.

I don't know what will happen next, but those men with the horse fully expect bigger and better things.

wiffleball whizz
06-22-2013, 10:44 PM
If we are ice cold betting horses can we throw a football team in the mix? Might be some value there....."the bet back thread"

raybo
06-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I'll give you one I mentioned in the "class" thread. Belmont 6/21/2013, race 4, the 4 horse, Ale. This horse ran a very "classy" race, IMO, controlling the pace early, got caught and passed at the top of the stretch, but didn't give up, fought back to re-pass and win the race by almost a length.

Give him a race, if he doesn't get a rest, since that one probably took a bit out of him. If he runs in a similar class of horses (meaning you have to look at the field, not just the man-made class), and appears to be in good form, I wouldn't bet against him.

Stillriledup
06-23-2013, 04:24 AM
Sixteen Stone broke his maiden at Parx this week. I was there and the people around him looked very serious. I would say pleased with the win (more satisfied than happy).

It is a Kelly Breen horse, I don't think Breen was there, but a couple guys jumped on the phone with another trainer or owner of the horse right after the race.

I don't know what will happen next, but those men with the horse fully expect bigger and better things.

Thanks for this heads up, i'll check out his replay when i get around to it.

Stillriledup
06-23-2013, 04:26 AM
I'll give you one I mentioned in the "class" thread. Belmont 6/21/2013, race 4, the 4 horse, Ale. This horse ran a very "classy" race, IMO, controlling the pace early, got caught and passed at the top of the stretch, but didn't give up, fought back to re-pass and win the race by almost a length.

Give him a race, if he doesn't get a rest, since that one probably took a bit out of him. If he runs in a similar class of horses (meaning you have to look at the field, not just the man-made class), and appears to be in good form, I wouldn't bet against him.

Good stuff on Ale, i have a decent comment on him. Very game win, he really fought hard and sort has a nice look about him.

Phantombridgejumpe
06-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Certainly your comments mean more than - won driving.

One thing to be passed by a bit and come back, but 5 lengths?

Thanks for the heads up.

Phantombridgejumpe
06-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Let me know what you think. I think the #1 is a decent talent indicator in that group. The #6 was visually nice in the paddock and faught hard to edge the #1 for second.

For now I would wait on the Mott horse from the race (#2).

NTamm1215
06-23-2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

When he lost the lead he was a head back, 5 lengths clear of the 3rd horse. It was a game win, but he was never passed by a large margin.

castaway01
06-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

He didn't come back 5 lengths; he was in second a head back and 5 lengths ahead of the 3rd place horse.

Good idea for a thread.

Longshot6977
06-23-2013, 11:09 AM
When he lost the lead he was a head back, 5 lengths clear of the 3rd horse. It was a game win, but he was never passed by a large margin.

You beat me to it, but this is the proper way to read the result charts.

However, the Equibase result charts include a past performance running line which is what we're all used to seeing like in the PPs. Then you don't have to add up all the lengths behind yourself.

But is this thread aimed to be like the 'Horses to Watch' in the ATM magazine? If so, I think we need to add emphasis that a brief write up is required and not just the horse's name, agreed?

raybo
06-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, those beaten lengths were actually leading lengths, and they were from Brisnet charts. You can opt to view the beaten lengths too but I didn't post those. Yes, the horse was headed at the top of the stretch, not by 5 lengths. It was still an impressive effort for a claimer, IMO, when you consider that the track was Belmont. We all know what that stretch run will do to a horse if they move too soon.

I agree, that without some kind of commentary, just posting a horse's name doesn't tell you much, unless you watch the replay or post the chart(s). I watched that replay, for Ale, several times and found his effort impressive.

Phantombridgejumpe
06-23-2013, 12:54 PM
I messed up the five lengths, thanks for the correction. I should know better...

iceknight
06-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Ya Esta - 2 yr old filly, wins at first asking. Of course, it was just a 4.5 f race at Calder. But I am still impressed by the clean start and easy win over the field. Equibase (http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9103160&registry=T)

Stillriledup
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Longhunter.

Breeders Cup turf sprint on the downhill course?

I'd bet him.

cordep17
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Roski
One of the best to touch the Fairmount dirt in quite some time, and is always running well. I follow him closely, and I know that six furlongs is his preferred distance. He is taking a very large jump, but I think he can do it. He's always got a move to give in the stretch. He is entered for a big ol' purse at Ellis, and I hope we can get some good odds on him. Is always game.
Last start was a throwout. It was his comeback race and it was a 4.5 Furlong race in which he gave up 5 lengths at the start. Got fourth in that one, giving him his first race out of the money.

cordep17
07-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Roski
One of the best to touch the Fairmount dirt in quite some time, and is always running well. I follow him closely, and I know that six furlongs is his preferred distance. He is taking a very large jump, but I think he can do it. He's always got a move to give in the stretch. He is entered for a big ol' purse at Ellis, and I hope we can get some good odds on him. Is always game.
Last start was a throwout. It was his comeback race and it was a 4.5 Furlong race in which he gave up 5 lengths at the start. Got fourth in that one, giving him his first race out of the money.

Ran a strong competitive effort. The winner was much the best, and Roski gave up 2nd late in the stretch.

Phantombridgejumpe
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Looks like a good spot for Dora Dora. 3-1 favorite.

Stillriledup
07-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Looks like a good spot for Dora Dora. 3-1 favorite.

She's going to be 3-5 vs those, that's what i'm thinking. But, there's always exactas and tri's!

Phantombridgejumpe
07-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Appreciate the insight.

Stillriledup
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Appreciate the insight.

Appreciate the bump, i was so busy preparing for the Spa opening day, no way i would have been thinking to check the CT entries.

Phantombridgejumpe
07-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Any thoughts?

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Any thoughts?

Linda Rice turf runner at a big price off an impressive win? Could be interesting!

Phantombridgejumpe
07-19-2013, 02:02 PM
looks significant. But, she must think it is an okay spot.

Stillriledup
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
looks significant. But, she must think it is an okay spot.

Doesnt look like that strong of a race, i dont see anything in there that Ale can't beat. But, you know, Ale is going to have to run as well or a little better than he did last time, but doesnt really seem to need massive improvement to compete. Its a good spot for a horse like this who seems to be an up and comer.

lamboguy
07-19-2013, 05:46 PM
this Louisiana bred colt got some giant ability DA HOUSE.

i try to make sure i watch every 2 year old race and take notes on them.

cordep17
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Tonight...Race 6...Charles Town
A horse that almost always runs every 2-3 weeks. Usually a turf horse who is running on dirt for the first time in a while.

One career win..
MdnSpWt at CT on the dirt.
In good form
Has needed a drop for a while and hasn't gotten it, but finally has

Closer though, so will need something up front to happen

Worth taking a look. I've always have had an eye on this one to see if it would ever get a chance on the dirt at a more appropriate class level.

12/1 ML

Phantombridgejumpe
07-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Stretching out against a field that has run a lot of races.

Interesting spot, and he M/L maker didn't miss him... 5/2.

I'll be playing him.

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I have two off my list running at Sar today - unfortunately, they are in the same race.

Race 5:
:6: Sir Leslie
:7: Why Not Whiskey

I prefer Why Not Whiskey - very strong closer just needs a little pace and he's in the winners' circle, but he may not get that today. He gained thru a sub :23 final 1/4 last time.
Sir Leslie unlikely to repeat off MSW win but he flew home in his last race behind an average pace.

Stillriledup
07-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I have two off my list running at Sar today - unfortunately, they are in the same race.

Race 5:
:6: Sir Leslie
:7: Why Not Whiskey

I prefer Why Not Whiskey - very strong closer just needs a little pace and he's in the winners' circle, but he may not get that today. He gained thru a sub :23 final 1/4 last time.
Sir Leslie unlikely to repeat off MSW win but he flew home in his last race behind an average pace.

GL here. i like this whiskey horse too, but speed seems to be hard to catch and he's a closer who might just end up out of position here in the big field. There doesnt seem like much speed and speed is holding well. The outside horse w Rosie is interesting, maybe she can pop the box in a speedless race and steal it.

Phantombridgejumpe
07-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Won last night.

Only issue was the .40 mutual. No reason not to keep following this one.

Dora Dora worth another play next time.

Stillriledup
07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Longhunter.

Breeders Cup turf sprint on the downhill course?

I'd bet him.

This guy is running today at Saratoga.

Stillriledup
07-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Won last night.

Too bad the ML maker wasnt willing to lock us in at that price with his own money, know what i'm saying? :D

Stillriledup
01-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Cole's Magic Vow.

Ran last night at Delta in the 8th race.

Rated in behind the speed, made nice move far turn, got blocked and stopped behind tiring ones, re-rallied up the rail and exploded home with powerful run for the class, seems to have some talent for this bottom level, this was first time Aamos i believe. Nice looking horse, really striding well thru the wire.

Stillriledup
02-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Cole's Magic Vow.

Ran last night at Delta in the 8th race.

Rated in behind the speed, made nice move far turn, got blocked and stopped behind tiring ones, re-rallied up the rail and exploded home with powerful run for the class, seems to have some talent for this bottom level, this was first time Aamos i believe. Nice looking horse, really striding well thru the wire.

Bump. ;)

Stillriledup
02-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Stable Mail: A Fitzing Reward

Nice looking Grand Reward filly just broke her maiden at "The Sam" in Race 6 (Feb 8)

she Sat 3 wide at a short price, pounced and won streaking away with powerful strides, now we know she beat a bad field, but looked nice doing it, i'd like to see if she can handle the next class, she loved the track and was as full of run as you could be, nice looking filly.

Stillriledup
05-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Scatidash

Just ran 2nd in the 3rd race, a MDSPWT race at Indiana, was FAR back but really kicked in late and finished somewhat powerfully for this class of runner. Seems to have some power, maybe one to watch in this class next time.

ldiatone
05-28-2014, 05:32 PM
hell, all my horses have retired from my "horses to watch stable" :faint:

Stillriledup
06-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Dora Squared never went on to stardom, but she's running in 20 mins at the Chuck.

Stillriledup
07-04-2014, 08:07 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115097

Stillriledup
07-31-2014, 08:56 PM
Won last night.

Dora Squared in 2 mins at CT.

Stillriledup
09-01-2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116588

Stillriledup
09-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Put this name in your stable mail:

MEDIC

Stillriledup
01-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Stella's Ruler

Add him to stable mail.

He just won at Delta and seemed to my eye to be a better horse than his PPs suggest.

Stillriledup
02-13-2015, 03:28 AM
Put this name in your stable mail:

MEDIC

Won about 6 weeks after this post and paid 11.

Stillriledup
02-13-2015, 03:31 AM
Awesome Vision.

He will win next time with a different ride, chasing close to the pace from the inside isn't his game, he needs to relax and make one move from the back. This race he chased, dropped back, and then came on again at the wire while too late. He's probably better than he looks on paper, he needs to be ridden a specific way.

onefast99
02-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Singladysing working lights out at Palm Meadows would love to see this one on the turf.

Stillriledup
02-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Rambam

Just ran in the 3rd at AQU on Feb 14th. This might be the worst horse who ever lived. He got an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING trip, looked to be a 'sure thing' on the far turn, and was not only not in the top 3, but he lost by about 500 lengths vs the worst horses in creation, including the 6 horse who had Beyers of 12, 0 and 16 in his last 3.

Stillriledup
02-14-2015, 08:59 PM
War Draft

Ran in the 6th tonight at Delta....was lollygagging in the back, the jock was just sitting on her....she kind of caught the pack and went around there...than the guy got into her very late and she rocketed home with strong strides for the class.....could have won if she was more interested early, not sure why she was given such a "Sleepy" ride.

cutchemist42
03-31-2015, 02:03 AM
Didnt bet the race but watching replays at Mtn tonight, take a look at 1st race and the race the 6, Jack's Dixie Diva. Might be an obvious trip but showed some ability in the first start.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2015, 02:08 AM
Didnt bet the race but watching replays at Mtn tonight, take a look at 1st race and the race the 6, Jack's Dixie Diva. Might be an obvious trip but showed some ability in the first start.

:ThmbUp:

I don't think that I've ever cashed a ticket at the place but watched the race and thought I saw a cure for that in a few weeks.

Stillriledup
06-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Explore

He just won at Penn Nat first time ever on the main track. He's got a powerful look and stride, maybe found a new home on the main track. Nice win.