PDA

View Full Version : SHHHH... the Kiss of Death is coming up!

Rookies
06-22-2013, 05:43 PM
My BJs have come back from the dead and reeled off 10 in a row, even coming back on Dennis' O's the past two.

As the season opened, I and the vast majority of Jays fans believed they were a virtual lock for a Playoff spot, if not a return to the 1992-93 W.S. Glory Days. It all came a crapper early, when they lost their All Star and Good Will SS Jose Reyes who was batting almost .400! The rest weren't batting .400 collectively! Hell, they were rivaling the expansion Metropolitans in their losing ways!

In addition, their Cy Young NL dude was having trouble with some of the big boppers in the AL, their older acquisition star Buehrle was getting wacked, their young star Johnson was having a few injury boo-boos.

They brought up the one cycle Kawasaki- Munenor, from Triple A to help fill the Reyes gap. Kawasaki will never be confused with the talent of an A-Clod. He practically shot puts a routine grounder from Short and can't hit jack, but like so many Japanese players, he has an exceptional work ethic and an infectious enthusiasm for the game. He bows, does hand springs and has generally become a huge fan and team favourite with his upbeat ways. Unfortunately, in the interim he is the odd man out, when Reyes returns in the very immediate future.

He is, because during the early Reign of Error, the one steadfast strength was the bull pen. It had to bail out 3 Inning Starters constantly and has become the best in the Majors. During the 10 W run, it rarely gives up a Hit, let alone a Run.

And then along came a 2008 wash up- Wang, who has an ERA of 2.61 in 20 Innings and a Hitter who is finding his way back is 2 ABs from the AL Batting lead of .340- Adam Lind.

It even allows the luxury for its one Canadian player- a Red Bulled up 3B goofball named Brett Lawrie, to find his head as well as his stick- on the DL.

In the streak, it's the usual when you're winning: every day a new player contributes to the W. Today, it was perennial AL HR leader Jose Bautista who has been hitting .191 during the streak, but today whacked a 2 run dinger in B8 to beat the Os.

So, I am more sanguine now, but the Rogers Centre is filling to capacity with every Win and we shall see post All Star break, when the getting is far more important.

No doubt, having finally come out of the closet with this, it'll end manana...:lol:

wiffleball whizz
06-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Would love tO have under 95.5 for the season......too many games at new York and Boston.....baaaaaaaaaaad road team

Rise Over Run
06-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Would love tO have under 95.5 for the season......too many games at new York and Boston.....baaaaaaaaaaad road team
They are 17-7 since your last past mocking the Jays. Also, how did the O/U suddenly jump to 95.5 from 94.5?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1440575&postcount=393

HoofedInTheChest
06-22-2013, 07:33 PM
C'mon Rooks, if they bounce tomorrow i'm putting the blame squarely on you! lol

That was a good writeup Rooks, i'm with you on Lawrie, the longer he is out of the lineup the better. Wan't it you that called Romero an "Ace" last year, i could be mistaken.

The boys have finally found their identity, and have gelled nicely into a functioning unit. I can see things getting better as well, once the injured return to the lineup.

One thing that still amazes me, why do pitchers continually try to piss-off Joey-Bats? It always ends the same way, with Jose going yard. I thought Showalter made a bad decision today, bringing in O'day to face Jose after last night's little altercation, i new what was coming and it was just a matter of time, another pitcher that had to learn the hard way.

Stillriledup
06-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Sorry, i think they're just too far back, they dug themselves too big of a hole.

Maybe next year? ;)

wiffleball whizz
06-22-2013, 07:50 PM
They are 17-7 since your last past mocking the Jays. Also, how did the O/U suddenly jump to 95.5 from 94.5?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1440575&postcount=393

Well being there were totals out there that were 95.5 -150 and 94.5s at -105 I must have gotten them mixed up.....wow didn't think I'd get links posted to show I misquoted a season total by 1 game lololololololo I thought the trying to catch me lying or bsing days were over....

Meanwhile back at the ranch anybody that wants the blue jays to win the east u can have 7/1...........not sure what odds they are but that's what I'd lay....

I'd also lay 3/1 the jays don't play .600 ball the next 20 games.......give me the orange and black birds over the jays......

Stillriledup
06-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Can i pat myself on the back for making a wager (in vegas) on UNDER for the Wash Nationals at Under 92.5?

Or, would that be redboarding??? ;)

Mineshaft
06-22-2013, 09:29 PM
10 in a row I have to start betting against them starting tomorrow

wiffleball whizz
06-22-2013, 10:18 PM
8-12 next 20

wiffleball whizz
06-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Knocking cover off the ball!!!! Look out al east

Rookies
06-23-2013, 05:26 PM
8-12 next 20

Yep. How'd that work out for ya today? :rolleyes: :lol:

:13: - cinquo! :eek:

Ties the Js franchise record. Beeze-ball is a funny game. You go for periods when you can't hit a ball with a Tennis Racket.

And next, you build up a little steam, Uncle Mo joins as 10th Man and suddenly you turn into a Sunami Monstah.

EVERY day you can't wait to get to the ballpark to smash another opponent. Johnson got his first W. Reyes back Thursday...

Next up to be crushed... T Bay and then the Beans...

wiffleball whizz
06-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Yep. How'd that work out for ya today? :rolleyes: :lol:

:13: - cinquo! :eek:

Ties the Js franchise record. Beeze-ball is a funny game. You go for periods when you can't hit a ball with a Tennis Racket.

And next, you build up a little steam, Uncle Mo joins as 10th Man and suddenly you turn into a Sunami Monstah.

EVERY day you can't wait to get to the ballpark to smash another opponent. Johnson got his first W. Reyes back Thursday...

Next up to be crushed... T Bay and then the Beans...

:8: - :12: still a possibility But I wouldn't bet as much as yesterday on it hahahaha

Valuist
06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Can i pat myself on the back for making a wager (in vegas) on UNDER for the Wash Nationals at Under 92.5?

Or, would that be redboarding??? ;)

Since the season isn't over, its not a complete redboard, although it would seem like a lock at this point. But good call.

The betting market still hasn't caught on to the Blue Jays and Pirates. I think the public is expecting the Pirates to do their 2nd half fade into the toilet. I don't think it happens this season.

wiffleball whizz
06-25-2013, 04:45 AM
Road trip under way.......trouble in river city

1-1 so far on the 20 game stretch....not a easy game tonight....1-2 here we come

wiffleball whizz
06-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm the jays can't take there O on the road as the bats go nite nite......

I hate the phrase cuz its always said in this way but as the 20 game prediction rolls on the jays are now "playing .33333333333333333 ball"

This got 6-14 written all over it

wiffleball whizz
06-28-2013, 03:56 AM
Jays now 1 under in the 20 game stretch....

Just to set record straight i love the jays tonight

wiffleball whizz
07-10-2013, 02:14 AM
8-12 next 20

BUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Of course this thread goes quiet when the jays fizzle out...

I made that 8-12 prediction....on the 23rd as of how they are a big bad wait...here it is :6: - :10:

cj
07-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Now 6-12, just took the lead against the O's though.

Stillriledup
07-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Chris. Davis. Does. It. AGAIN.

wiffleball whizz
07-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Now 6-12, just took the lead against the O's though.

The jays can have fun winning today and tnrw to get to that 8-12 mark....believe me when I tell you RA dickey is no bargain especially if that knuckleball ain't knuckling!!!!!!

wiffleball whizz
07-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Well looks like we can put this 20 game strech to bed at 7-13....Toronto will be a bet against the whole 2nd half.....

If anybody offered me in the 2nd half that I can have Houston or Miami +5 wins over Toronto I'd empty out my pockets on it...

95 wins.....not in this lifetime

cj's dad
07-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Blue Jays--- going- going - gone

wiffleball whizz
07-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Blue Jays--- going- going - gone

If the jays had any heart they could have helped the birds pick up a fast game in the 2nd half.....but if course were dealing with the most overated team maybe in last 10 years......RA Dickey.....lolololololololololololololololololoo