PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks is raising their prices.

Stillriledup
06-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Pretty soon they're going to need a banker standing next to the barista so they can help you in case you need financial help to afford a drink at Bux.

Amazing.

johnhannibalsmith
06-21-2013, 09:23 PM
That shit isn't even coffee. You're paying to be seen with a "barista". You know, the guy/gal/combo that is the equivalent of the "chef" at McDonalds.

Grits
06-21-2013, 10:04 PM
John Hannibal, you're so sharp. I never met a cup of Starbuck's coffee I could absolutely stand! :lol: One could whistle and the stuff would come across the room. Too strong and taste like mud.

Robert Fischer
06-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I like their convenience

However, they did mess up my order, the only time I used the local Starbucks drive-thru this month.

Shemp Howard
06-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Pretty soon they're going to need a banker standing next to the barista so they can help you in case you need financial help to afford a drink at Bux.

Amazing.

Coffee neared a four-year low in New York yesterday as a record Brazilian harvest and a weaker Brazilian real helped push prices lower, Carsten Fritsch, an analyst at Commerzbank AG in Frankfurt, said in a report today.

Buy Starbucks stock.

iceknight
06-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Coffee neared a four-year low in New York yesterday as a record Brazilian harvest and a weaker Brazilian real helped push prices lower, Carsten Fritsch, an analyst at Commerzbank AG in Frankfurt, said in a report today.

Buy Starbucks stock. but..

Coffee commodity costs make up less than 10 percent of Starbucks' overall store operating and occupancy expenses, Passe (SBUX spokeswoman) said.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/starbucks-raising-cafe-drink-prices-001623437.html

I would still go long on sbux though.. but for other reasons.

boxcar
06-22-2013, 01:09 AM

Amazing.

What's amazing is that they manage to stay in business. Their coffee sucks raw eggs! I'll take a Dunkin' Donuts coffee anytime over Starbuck's.

In fact, here's a true story. A Bux opened up in a big plaza in my 'hood several months ago. And all the way across this big plaza at the extreme opposite end is a Dunkin'. Every time I'm in that plaza I check out both places. Without fail every time, thus far, Dunkin' has had far more people sitting outside their joint than Starbucks has had outside theirs. I keep wondering how long they'll be able to hang in there, especially since DD is a fixture in that plaza. Been there for a long time.

Boxcar

Capper Al
06-22-2013, 05:46 AM
It's amazing at their prices that they could even consider raising their prices. I'm staying at a Marriott Courtyard and there is no free coffee in the lobby anymore. But they'll sell me Starbucks and make a big deal about it too. Won't stay here again because of this.

Robert Fischer
06-22-2013, 06:44 AM
picked up a bunch of coffee xtras for the house.

This French Vanilla Cappuccino powder is a good product. You can make it straight with boiling water, but I use it as a creamer to add to coffee.

Robert Goren
06-22-2013, 08:01 AM
a regular cup of coffee there is God awful, but their lattes are best I have ever tasted. They must be doing something right, because even in Lincoln, there is a lot of them and they are always busy. Horse racing could learn something from them.

RaceBookJoe
06-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Here in Vegas, we even have a Starbucks location inside one of the local churches..granted its a very large church, but still. I only go to Starbucks as a last resort. I get a bag of delicious organic coffee for $6.99 that lasts me a month from the store on the corner, don't need 'Bucks burnt stuff :)

PICSIX
06-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Went from FOURBUCKS to FIVEBUCKS :lol: :lol:

pandy
06-22-2013, 09:17 AM
As others have pointed out, their coffee tastes like mud but they use quality coffee beans, they just make it too strong. I got a sampler of 6 of their coffees for a gift last year and the coffee was excellent the way I make it. Sometimes I wonder if they make the coffee too strong on purpose to people will spend the extra money for the lattes, which are made perfectly.

DeltaLover
06-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Before you visit your local starbucks read this article:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/26/news/companies/starbucks-gay-marriage/index.html

You might decide that you no longer want to support them any more...

Robert Goren
06-22-2013, 09:57 AM
If I let politics decide where I was going to buy a tank of gas, I'd have no place to fill up. With very rare exceptions, politics don't enter into where I do business.

BlueShoe
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
So the bleepin yuppies have to dig a bit deeper for their daily latte? :eek: :rolleyes: Aw, how sad. :( :rolleyes: Yawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ManU918
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Their cinnamon dolce lattes and strawberry banana smoothies are incredible. They can raise all they want....People will still go.

Saratoga_Mike
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Their cinnamon dolce lattes and strawberry banana smoothies are incredible. They can raise all they want....People will still go.

I don't care for the coffee, but I totally agree with you on the specialty drinks.