PDA

View Full Version : Ascot - day 4

gm10
06-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Race 1 (Albany): I was on Santiva but she was blown away by the winner Kiyoshi.

Race 2 (King Edward VII): Not sure about Battle Of Marengo. Looked ruffled in the Epsom paddock and Ascot won't be much better, plus the Derby form usually doesn't work out well in this race. Mutashaded showed impressive acceleration on the uphill finish at Sandown, only quality animals manage that. Tha'ir is a hard trier and must be respected.

Race 3 (Coronation): a very competitive race on paper. The Guineas 1-2 meet again, but they a bad draw and they don't seem to have much in hand on Big Break, Pavlosk, Viztoria. Also keep an eye on Mizzava at astronomical odds.

Race 4 (Wolferton H.): Could easily be taken by an improver like Albasharah. Rewarded is a nice E/W price.

Race 5 (Queen's Vase): The late Cecil horse Disclaimer is going to be the popular choice here for obvious reasons. Can't argue with that really, although I also like Nichols Canyon and at a huge price Boite.

Race 6 (Buckingham Palace): Not the easiest race. I'll go with Es Que Love who is much too big after a decent race on Wednesday when he was on the wrong side of the course.

Good luck.

jfdinneen
06-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I like Pavlosk in the Coronation Stakes - supplemented by Sir Michael Stoute for £30,000!

John

jfdinneen
06-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Sky Lantern - very impressive from last to first on the bridle from stall 16.

John

gm10
06-21-2013, 10:52 AM
That was a great win by Sky Lantern. Hannon not the biggest fan of the US, but I'd say with a turn of foot like that, target a race at Santa Anita.

dkithore
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
In Queen's Vase I like Nichol's and Dashing Star. and, Handicap Race, I prefer Emilio 960 and Campanologist and Mezzotint.
Good luck guys.

DK