PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 6/20

MeSlew
06-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Hello All! As we pass into another summer, these are the tracks and races on Slew's mind for Friday, June 21:

Belmont - 1,4,8,9
Monmouth - 1,3,4,5,6,8
Hollywood - 3,4,5,6,7
Churchill - 3,7,10
Woodbine - 6,9
Calder - 2,5,6,8,9
Arlington - 3,4,9

We have a Key Horse running as well:

Screenplay - Bel ( 1) GP 01/24/13 # 9

Screenplay comes to us out of this race:
January 24, 2013 Race 9 - A Starter Allowance that has already had 3 horses run on to PLACE in their next start. Won by the Pa. bred Rustler Hustler (Cibelli/Rocco, Jr.) beating
the favorite Screenplay (Terranova,II/Castellano), it seems that both Screenplay (2nd) and Chosen Empire (4th) are horses to look for in their next start.
Not world beaters by any stretch, but the race was run to a constant beat that went fast at each call, and Screenplay has made a living at the Starter Allowance level...

Since that race the chestnut gelding by Stephen Got Even with Unbridled on the dam's side has a win and two shows. One of them, at Churchill on 5/4 was as a result of a DQ which moved him up from the 4th position. However, that race featured horses like Atigun, who won that race and who placed in the Gr. 3 Louisville Handicap on 5/25 at Churchill. He will be running Saturday at Colonial Downs in the Gr. 2 Colonial Colonial Turf Cup Stakes. You may remember him from last years Belmont, Jim Dandy and Travers amongst others. Nice horse.

I'll also mention that Rustler Hustler is running tomorrow (Friday) at Monmouth Park in a 32K AlwOC. Out of the conditions, he is in for the claim with a ML tag of 7/2.

Back to Screenplay. He was claimed out of his last race by David Jacobson for 62K. Mr. Jacobson is no stranger to the claiming game and is winning at a terrific 24% for this meet, 23% for the year, and is 27% 1st off the claim. Those numbers my friends, are not just solid, they are numbers of a pro's pro. Also notable...and something I like to look for...is when the win % of the current entry exceeds the meet or yearly winning percentage. Mr. Jacobson knows how to buy a horse, and how to place a horse as well.

At 5-2 on the ML and with Junior Alvarado up, there are many reasons to give this one a long look. And while it is Junior's first ride on this mount, his jock/trainer stats are eye-popping at 32% for the meet and 33% for the year. And the yearly sample is 88 starts. No phony numbers here. That is the real deal. I should also mention that Presumptive is on Slew's list for this race as well. Running for the dangerous Chad Brown, and at 3-1 on the ML he get a class hike here. Watch him carefully for his next start. Not on Slew's list is Cantonic for Mike Maker. He won at the Spa last year, and this could be a setup for another trip to the greatest place on earth. Or anywhere else.

If you like Mr. Jacobson enough to let him buy YOU a horse, you have to respect the fact that he is running Screenplay back in 20 days at a distance he likes.

I will be working and will miss the action, but you will not! So...

Enjoy the Friday racing...good luck and good 'capping! -