PDA

View Full Version : Workout reports

KyNick
02-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Do any of you use workout reports offered on the Web in your handicapping? I have been using one and it is a great way to find winners especially in maiden races.

Turfday
02-24-2004, 01:50 PM
nm

KyNick
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I have used both Hreport.com and National Turf and have more success with Hreport.com. I use them for all the circuits the cover which are So. California, NY and Kentucky.

jackad
02-24-2004, 02:18 PM
What do you look for in making your selections?

KyNick
02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Positive comments on a horse and if the horse was in company who they were with and how they went. I love seeing a horse finish strong and gallop out well after.

Turfday
02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
A new feature of the National Turf workout report is that when you access the report ($6 per day), you can now print out all the workouts reported on that are in the database from last 45 days, last 90 days or last 120 days.

The advantage, of course, is when you want to look back on a lightly raced horse, who has started maybe only once or twice, or on a comebacker that has had a meaningless prep race or a horse that started five or six weeks back and view workouts prior to that.

KyNick
02-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Hreport has been doing that for a long time. You get two reports actually for the price of one. First it's the works the horses have had since their last race and then they have a separate prior to last race report which is also included in the normal price. I have found it great when playing a second time starter. The horse may have been working well for his debut and could have encountered trouble or he may have needed a race. You can see if the horse has shown talent before his debut and if he has progressed since in the mornings on the regular report.

Buddha
02-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I have used the nationalturf workouts before. they are nice, and can come in handy. I don't play enough to warrant a subscription, and the fact that I can't play SA right now would make the subscription worthless. I have got them on big days before, and will probably use them occasionally once HOL gets here.