PDA

View Full Version : First Time Online

Segwin
06-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Ok, I opened an account at DRF to bet online.

Today's race was the 8th at Belmont. I printed out the free pp and put on my thinking cap.

I looked at what the "pros" had picked to get a gut check. As I went through the process there were two that seem to stand out, 10 - Cousin Michael and 1A - Papa Tom - both were long shots. As I watched online (really a fun experience, 1st time betting online) the odds really went down for Cousin Michael. Started off at 15-1 and at the bell I think it was 5-1. Papa Tom just stuck out as a good possibility as did Cousin Michael but when it was crunch time he was still a long shot.

The pros picked 7,2,9 and 5,7,9. 9, Bake Shop got scratched. I did a Tri for 5 -Copper Forest, 6, Most Happy Fella, and the long shot 10, Cousin Michael. At post time the odds on favorite was 7, Bigger Is Bettor but I just didn't see it and it was a grey (still have bad memories from betting on greys).

Bigger is Bettor 1, Papa Tom, 2 and Cousin Michael 3.

I wouldn't have won as I wasn't going to bet Bigger is Bettor but the other long shots came home. I should have put money on Papa Tom but I kept talking myself out of it.

All in all it was a lot of fun and just as I had remembered (losing that is ;)).

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
I think the Michael horse was 5-1 in the betting, i saw 5-1 on him before the race started.

I liked Papa Tom, but didnt love the winner, i made a mistake and i held the winner's last slop effort against him, a race he had no excuse to lose, but his race previous to that was a very good visual effort, if you get past the slop hang job, he was the right horse.