PDA

View Full Version : Flight 800 shot down?

JustRalph
06-19-2013, 12:42 PM
"These investigators were not allowed to speak to the public or refute any comments made by their superiors and/or NTSB and FBI officials about their work at the time of the official investigation," a news release announcing the documentary said.
"They waited until after retirement to reveal how the official conclusion by the (NTSB) was falsified and lay out their case."
The documentary, "TWA Flight 800," will premiere July 17, the 17th anniversary of the crash.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-crash-claim/index.html

Lots of people said this early on.......

johnhannibalsmith
06-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Was just reading this story. I remember all the conflicting stories when it happened and that it all just sort of went away. I had forgotten all about it until the story popped today. I love this sort of thing.

classhandicapper
06-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Didn't some journalist have his reputation and career damaged badly for presenting some evidence that the "official government story" was false and then continuing to press it?

I have a vague memory of something like that.

Marshall Bennett
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Hard to imagine these individuals sitting on this for 17 years without anything leaking out. This jet didn't explode in an uninhabited remote area. There is no way a missile could have taken this jetliner out and kept secret.
Just another conspiracy theory going nowhere, imo. Would even surprise me if the NSTB reopened this case.

Tom
06-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Didn't some journalist have his reputation and career damaged badly for presenting some evidence that the "official government story" was false and then continuing to press it?

I have a vague memory of something like that.
Pierre Salinger, JFK's Press Secretary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

fast4522
06-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Without evidence as to who did it, do you think that they would tell the public?
I remember rumors of people talking out of their ass something about the wing.
In any event we know on who's watch it was.

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 06:04 PM
I remember people swore they saw a missle shot it down.....can't believe it was 17 years ago....where is my life going

johnhannibalsmith
06-19-2013, 06:18 PM
...where is my life going

If it's going somewhere then you're in better shape than most.

JustRalph
06-19-2013, 06:47 PM
I've known two NTSB Investigators in my life. Two different guys from two different parts of the country. I can tell you that both of them laughed at the flight 800 report when it was released.

fast4522
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
It is said there is a book of United States Secrets called "The Journal". The tradition going way back was for the sitting President of the United States to have the President Elect and his wife at The White House just prior to inauguration for tea. Besides the grand tour and the tea, it is said the President Elect is shown "The Journal" and where it is kept. Some say that President Ford did not get "The Journal", and the Nixon administration recovered "The Journal". Believe or doubt the existence of it, it's my bet TWA 800 has an entry in "The Journal".

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 07:39 PM
If it's going somewhere then you're in better shape than most.

Lolololol in on the fast track to nowhere

PaceAdvantage
06-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I've known two NTSB Investigators in my life. Two different guys from two different parts of the country. I can tell you that both of them laughed at the flight 800 report when it was released.Whether true or not, it makes you wonder how this isn't happening more often...you'd figure they have/had more than one missile...

highnote
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoulder-fired_missile

FantasticDan
06-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm sure it's all just a bunch of bullshit, just like 99.99% of conspiracy theories.

TJDave
06-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Some say that President Ford did not get "The Journal".

:lol: :lol:

FantasticDan
06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
It is said there is a book of United States Secrets called "The Journal". The tradition going way back was for the sitting President of the United States to have the President Elect and his wife at The White House just prior to inauguration for tea. Besides the grand tour and the tea, it is said the President Elect is shown "The Journal" and where it is kept. Some say that President Ford did not get "The Journal", and the Nixon administration recovered "The Journal". Believe or doubt the existence of it, it's my bet TWA 800 has an entry in "The Journal". :D :rolleyes:
Lf1T0kE32Kc

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm sure it's all just a bunch of bullshit, just like 99.99% of conspiracy theories.If it were so easy for a 747 to spontaneously blow up due to a faulty fuel tank, it would have happened more than once in the last 15-30 years...

FantasticDan
06-20-2013, 12:53 AM
If it were so easy for a 747 to spontaneously blow up due to a faulty fuel tank, it would have happened more than once in the last 15-30 years...Or maybe it's not so easy? :eek:

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Kallstrom says these new theories are 'preposterous".

My question to him would be this. Why just automatically denounce these new allegations? Why not say "we care about finding the truth, if someone has some new info, lets talk about it"

Seems like his knee jerk response was to come out and try and shoot the messenger instead of being interested in the truth.

wiffleball whizz
06-20-2013, 02:42 AM
If it were so easy for a 747 to spontaneously blow up due to a faulty fuel tank, it would have happened more than once in the last 15-30 years...

Make no mistake about it........this plane did not blow up from a fuel leak....this thing was blown out of the sky and thsts the end of the discussion....looking back now 17 years ago there was no twitter or any social media...there was just CNN....if you can keep it hush there ur in good shape.....stories can't blow up back then like now....

This was a cover up and the plane was either blown out of the sky by a missle or a bomb but I'm saying a missle.....now who launched it is anybody guess

fast4522
06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
FantasticDan

The Journal does not go that far back like in the movie, It begins around the time Israel won the 7 day war and the CIA was called something else. As to TWA 800 just being bullshit as you say, your opinion is just as good as the next for once. But I do believe TWA 800 was very inconvenient for President Clinton if it was a rocket that downed the plane. After all we are just good little mushrooms to be left into the dark. I have always felt that before 9/11 radical Islam and the fundamentals were making attempts to hit us and were thwarted by good Americans who did a good job in service to our country. The problem is perception of reality and its effect on the economy, most Presidents little darling. If reality sinks in there could be a devastating effect on the economy.

Marshall Bennett
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
This is nothing different than when they reopened the investigation into the Kennedy assassination. So many were certain they'd find evidence of either a conspiracy, a 2nd gunman or both. After a whole lot of wasted time they found nothing. As with the Warren Commission on the Kennedy assassination, flight 800 was investigated for 16 months in painstaking detail. The conclusions are public for anyone to study.
Conspiracy theories intrigue people, but almost always go nowhere, at least in high profile instances like these.

FantasticDan
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
This is nothing different than when they reopened the investigation into the Kennedy assassination. So many were certain they'd find evidence of either a conspiracy, a 2nd gunman or both. After a whole lot of wasted time they found nothing.OMG, didn't you see JFK?? :eek: :p

wiffleball whizz
06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
This is nothing different than when they reopened the investigation into the Kennedy assassination. So many were certain they'd find evidence of either a conspiracy, a 2nd gunman or both. After a whole lot of wasted time they found nothing. As with the Warren Commission on the Kennedy assassination, flight 800 was investigated for 16 months in painstaking detail. The conclusions are public for anyone to study.
Conspiracy theories intrigue people, but almost always go nowhere, at least in high profile instances like these.

Question on the JFK assassination....obviously it was breaking news on tv how long were regular programs off air due to the news 4-5 days?

FantasticDan
06-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes.. "Four days in November"

http://jeff560.tripod.com/tvgjfk.html