PDA

View Full Version : DRF Bets--what a cluster*** to sign up

Milkshaker
06-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Been wanting a second (backup) ADW for some time now and this morning I decided to take advantage of DRF Bets and their $125 cash-back promo.

Was leery about dealing with the DRF interface because when I had previously used the site to buy subscription-based products, it was nothing but trouble.

Keyed in all my info and signup seemed to go smoothly.

Now I try to fund it...Am directed to log back in (because the browser I just signed up with apparently is incompatible with the actual service).

Can't log in (on multiple browsers)...Ask to have my password re-sent in case I've royally screwed up...DRF Bets confirms it's done so...And nothing shows up in my inbox.

I now look forward to the dreaded phone call to "customer service."

Half a morning blown trying to give them money.

What a crock.

Edited to add: Called the listed 800# for "customer service" and am told they can't help me at all. I have to call a different 877#--but only after 11 a.m.

iceknight
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I hear you.. I have nt used DRFbets myself (as I have xpressbet and i think they are run thru xpressbet).. but TVG is more complicated to set up initially, esp with automatic url reassignments based on your state etc, add - no QH coverage or betting, no Ascot coverage.. and I still can't fire up their video and even worse... they threaten to charge 25c per bet if you don't go over a minimum handle. So who sucks more?

Segwin
06-19-2013, 06:01 PM
I signed up today as well. Tried my VISA but it was kicked back. Called customer service at 800-306-3676 to see what was wrong.

The person I was talking to, Lee, explained that VISA doesn't want to extend online gaming credit and 99% are declined.

After talking for a while about how this offer works it turned out to be a bit convoluted. Below is an email I asked them to send me about how this offer works:

DRF Bets is available to residents of all states except Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Maine, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. Sign up bonus promotional offer valid from 3/1/2013 through 5/31/2013. Open to new DRF Bets account sign-ups only. Current XpressBet account holders do not qualify for bonus. To qualify for the $100 wagering credit, new account holders must wager $100 within 30 days of sign-up. To qualify for the extra $25 wagering credit, new account holders must fund with a minimum of $25 and place a wager of any dollar amount within the first 5 days of sign-up. Customer has 30 days to use wagering credit. Unused credits will be withdrawn after 30 days. Wagering credits cannot be withdrawn. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Once you select a promotion by using a promo code upon sign-up, you may not switch to a different promotional/bonus offer. Free video and replays are subject to usage limits.

The free pp have a different set of rules.

From what I have been able to glean from rummaging around DRF was purchased by an investment group. The IG is interested in $$ and not much more (aren't we all).

I like the DRF as it is something from my past that I liked to turn to. As I return to this game time will tell if it fits.

In the end it's all about coming out ahead. :)

jdhanover
06-19-2013, 07:25 PM
I hear you.. I have nt used DRFbets myself (as I have xpressbet and i think they are run thru xpressbet).. but TVG is more complicated to set up initially, esp with automatic url reassignments based on your state etc, add - no QH coverage or betting, no Ascot coverage.. and I still can't fire up their video and even worse... they threaten to charge 25c per bet if you don't go over a minimum handle. So who sucks more?

Have had TVG and DRFBets accounts for awhile. I think both are fine (some things I like about one versus the other but both suffice)

Re: TVG - I thought they recently dropped the wagering fees? Your video issue is likely because you updated Adobe FlashPlayer. I had to drop back to (I think it was something like version 10.3) in order to get video to work (on several sites). Give that a shot (it did take me a while to find the find link to get the old Flash Player btw)

iceknight
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Have had TVG and DRFBets accounts for awhile. I think both are fine (some things I like about one versus the other but both suffice)

Re: TVG - I thought they recently dropped the wagering fees? Your video issue is likely because you updated Adobe FlashPlayer. I had to drop back to (I think it was something like version 10.3) in order to get video to work (on several sites). Give that a shot (it did take me a while to find the find link to get the old Flash Player btw) Thanks for the tip. Regarding the 25c I read a press release in late march that they were dropping the fee from April 1 (funny date).. and based on that info I signed up for an account in early June. But, maybe they have not updated their online terms? Not sure.

The video issue, tvg website tells me to update my Windows Media player plugin on Firefox and I tried doing it.. but I finally got the tvg website work on my Chrome browser (didnt work while signing up).. and now the video works on Chrome.. so i guess one issue fixed.. but still... things were way smoother with Xpressbet

PaceAdvantage
06-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Been wanting a second (backup) ADW for some time now and this morning I decided to take advantage of DRF Bets and their $125 cash-back promo.

Was leery about dealing with the DRF interface because when I had previously used the site to buy subscription-based products, it was nothing but trouble.

Keyed in all my info and signup seemed to go smoothly.

Now I try to fund it...Am directed to log back in (because the browser I just signed up with apparently is incompatible with the actual service).

Can't log in (on multiple browsers)...Ask to have my password re-sent in case I've royally screwed up...DRF Bets confirms it's done so...And nothing shows up in my inbox.

I now look forward to the dreaded phone call to "customer service."

Half a morning blown trying to give them money.

What a crock.

Edited to add: Called the listed 800# for "customer service" and am told they can't help me at all. I have to call a different 877#--but only after 11 a.m.Did you check your spam box for that email? What you describe here doesn't sound all that out of the ordinary from most other things one has to sign up for on the internet that involve money...

Longshot6977
06-20-2013, 02:18 PM

Re: TVG - I thought they recently dropped the wagering fees? Your video issue is likely because you updated Adobe FlashPlayer. I had to drop back to (I think it was something like version 10.3) in order to get video to work (on several sites). Give that a shot (it did take me a while to find the find link to get the old Flash Player btw)

I just tried downgrading Adobe FP to v10.3 for Win7. I uninstalled v11.7. It let me download it from their site, but refused to install it. It kept stating a newer version was available. I had to go back to v11.7. Not sure how you 'downgraded'. The video connection on TVG still is lousy when trying to connect. Sometimes it just won't connect. And when I get it to connect for a large window, it won't reconnect when I try to use the medium window. As if TVG is forcing you to use your alloted video time on maximum usage. Never had these problems with 4NJBETS. I liked Windows media player much better so you could resize the window as needed, but TVG forces you to use Flashplayer.

jdhanover
06-20-2013, 10:22 PM
I just tried downgrading Adobe FP to v10.3 for Win7. I uninstalled v11.7. It let me download it from their site, but refused to install it. It kept stating a newer version was available. I had to go back to v11.7. Not sure how you 'downgraded'. The video connection on TVG still is lousy when trying to connect. Sometimes it just won't connect. And when I get it to connect for a large window, it won't reconnect when I try to use the medium window. As if TVG is forcing you to use your alloted video time on maximum usage. Never had these problems with 4NJBETS. I liked Windows media player much better so you could resize the window as needed, rbut TVG forces you to use Flashplayer.

I think I uninstalled then saved the 10.3 file to my computer. Then ran that file. I recall it being an odd sequence to get it installed and I that was the sequence that worked for me

BetPTC
06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Start getting instant cash back only at BetPTC.com, Racing's Best Kept Secret!

Enter promo code "pace" and get a $100 New member Sign-up Bonus now until June 30th!*

15% Cash back on Louisiana Downs Pick3s and Pick4s in June!

Premier Turf Club (BetPTC.com) offers players like you unique features to the online wagering experience.

Instant BetPTC Rewards - Now you get cash back in your account once the race is made official.
Enhanced Account Activity page - All your wagers, both today and historical, can be found in one spot.
Improved Preferences - Among the enhancements, members can now choose the privacy feature of hiding their balance.
Real-money Tournament - As a member you can play FREE in the Cash is King contest, seeded with $4,000 in cash from BetPTC!
On-going promotions - BetPTC always offers cash-back promotions on bonus track. For example, BetPTC members enjoy an incredible 15% cash-back rate on all Louisiana Downs Pick3 and Pick4 wagers during the entire month of June.

Conditional Wagering - we created this innovative betting option and no one does it better.
File Upload Wagering - upload bulk wagers in one easy step. Wagering can even placed days in advance.
Streamlined Betting Platform - horseplayers don't need a lot of bells and whistles. They need a website that is fast, safe and secure. That's BetPTC.com!
BetPTC Rewards - that's real cash back on every wager you make. Not points that are hard to understand but real cash in your account.
Phone & Online Wagering - with NO fees.
Outstanding Customer Service - at BetPTC you're not just another number to us.

JOIN TODAY! $100 Sign-up Bonus for new members. Enter promo code "PACE"

*not eligible in Canada, or restricted states such as CA, IL, NV, NJ, TX

Al Gobbi
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
DRF Bets members are supposed to have access to DRF plus content (which went into effect today) but so far.. no dice and nothing in the e-mail department from them.

Pensacola Pete
10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Start getting instant cash back only at BetPTC.com, Racing's Best Kept Secret!

Instant rebates. That's a new one. Good idea, too.