PDA

View Full Version : aaron hernandez investigation...

proximity
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/18/aaron-hernandez-homicide-investigation-north-attleboro/2436327/

timmy ballgame could be needed!!

Valuist
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/18/aaron-hernandez-homicide-investigation-north-attleboro/2436327/

timmy ballgame could be needed!!

Its kind of crazy but the 2013 Patriots receiving corps could look more like the Rams than the Patriots. Welker gone. Gronkowski back surgery and several arm surgeries. No timetable on his return. Hernandez? Is this O.J. 2.0? Maybe it will be nothing; so the key guy could be Danny Amendola. Do they still have Brandon Lloyd? He's another ex-Ram.

ManU918
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
This is starting to get interesting... Supposedly he shot a man in Miami in February...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9404427/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-faced-lawsuit-alleged-shot-man

Valuist
06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a legitimate chance Hernandez will be arrested.

ManU918
06-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Fox Boston has a helicopter following him around... Supposedly he is getting arrested at some point today... As I was typing this he stopped at a gas station and was mobbed by about 15 reporters... I guess every station in that area knows something is about to go down...

http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/246064/breaking-news-livestream

ManU918
06-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Arrest warrant issued.

PhantomOnTour
06-21-2013, 10:01 AM
This is starting to get interesting... Supposedly he shot a man in Miami in February...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9404427/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-faced-lawsuit-alleged-shot-man
I am not doubting Hernandez' involvement in the current issue, but I doubt this one.
The guy got shot in the face, lost an eye, and is suing for just over 100k !?
That's all? Permanent disfigurement and loss of an eye...100k??

Zippy Chippy
06-21-2013, 10:52 AM
What a thug. I'm a huge Pats fan, but hope he gets what's coming to him.

Valuist
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Is there anything more silly than seeing a story about an athlete committing a major crime and somewhere in there they have to throw in their stats?

Valuist
06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Patriots season over/under win total has seen the Under 11.5 go from a moneyline of -155 to a current -170.

Mineshaft
06-21-2013, 10:22 PM
this is not looking good for him at all.

Valuist
06-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Goodell suspended Sean Payton for overseeing bounties. We are talking about a murder here. Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for 6 games (downgraded to 4) when no charges were actually filed. Not only will Hernandez never play again for the Patriots, I will be shocked if he is on the field for any team at all in 2013, even if no charges are brought.

Valuist
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
No sooner had Hernandez been hauled away in handcuffs, when word came out that Browns rookie LB Ausur Walcott had been arrested for attempted murder.

No image problem here, folks.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
So the Patriots released him? So much for innocent until proven guilty, way to go Pats for standing by your currently innocent 'teammate'.

Robert Fischer
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
So the Patriots released him? So much for innocent until proven guilty, way to go Pats for standing by your currently innocent 'teammate'.

I agree in principal, but I also agree with the Patriots business decision here.

You have to fire him. He looks like he's been involved in a murder, and probably is a murderer himself.

I don't like how in cases like this, Hernandez has become a public story. They showed him driving around his white SUV like they wanted to make a sequel to the OJ trial. They post in the media that he scrubbed his house and destroyed his cell phones and security system. They post headlines that he isn't talking to police. They post headlines referring to a separate person who claims Hernandez shot him.

Most of the brainwashed masses who follow this crap, have already come to a verdict, and are ready for the entertaining trial.

It's a joke. His name shouldn't even be released to the public.

If it can't be proved that he cleaned his house and deactivated his cell and security systems after a warrant had been issued, or if it can't be proved that there was in fact evidence on those systems, he shouldn't even be charged with obstruction.

If they can prove him guilty of crimes, then at that point send him to jail, and fire him from employment. If they can't prove him guilty, he should be back to work. His life should not be ruined.

It's a joke. The rights of the media to profit(and hopefully entertainment like this is purely profit, and not political propaganda), are above those of the rights of a person like Hernandez.

lamboguy
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
he didn't commit this murder, it was OJ

bobbyb
06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
What a waste of Life. Not AH, but the person who is dead. Too much.........

Valuist
06-26-2013, 03:01 PM

I think they would've taken a lot more heat if they sat on their hands.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I think they would've taken a lot more heat if they sat on their hands.

Why? Don't you stick by your teammates thru thick and thin? Would people have held it against them if they said "innocent until proven guilty, we are sticking by our guy?"

But, in typical Patriots fashion, they don't want nothin to do with you when the going gets rough.

Valuist
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Why? Don't you stick by your teammates thru thick and thin? Would people have held it against them if they said "innocent until proven guilty, we are sticking by our guy?"

But, in typical Patriots fashion, they don't want nothin to do with you when the going gets rough.

You are "innocent til proven guilty" only in a court of law. Not in the court of public opinion, and an employer is under no obligation to stick by "their" guy. This wasn't petty theft or even a DUI. It's murder. Good riddance. Kudos to the Patriots to the quickness of the decision.

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Funny to read all of this defiant defense of due process and presumed innocence from SRU when contrasted against his stated policies at the proposed SRU Downs. :lol:

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Funny to read all of this defiant defense of due process and presumed innocence from SRU when contrasted against his stated policies at the proposed SRU Downs. :lol:

I Hate the spygate boys, so, any chance i have to stick it to them, i will.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
You are "innocent til proven guilty" only in a court of law. Not in the court of public opinion, and an employer is under no obligation to stick by "their" guy. This wasn't petty theft or even a DUI. It's murder. Good riddance. Kudos to the Patriots to the quickness of the decision.

He will always be a Patriot, he will always be known as the 'guy from the Patriots"

Valuist
06-26-2013, 03:47 PM
He will always be a Patriot, he will always be known as the 'guy from the Patriots"

I suppose, because there's a good chance he will never play in another NFL game.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
I suppose, because there's a good chance he will never play in another NFL game.

He will 'retire' a New England Patriot and go up on the wall of shame with all the other crooks and cheaters.

goforgin
06-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Some of you maybe saw this already. According to U-T San Diego, 28 NFL players have been arrested just since this years February 3rd Super Bowl. Roger doesn't talk any about it. But, seems like a lot.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Some of you maybe saw this already. According to U-T San Diego, 28 NFL players have been arrested just since this years February 3rd Super Bowl. Roger doesn't talk any about it. But, seems like a lot.

That does seem like a lot in a short amount of time.

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Probably 26 are for DUI/domestic disturbance. In the past, chances are half or more of those wouldn't even result in arrest. Getting busted has never been easier.

ManU918
06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Probably 26 are for DUI/domestic disturbance. In the past, chances are half or more of those wouldn't even result in arrest. Getting busted has never been easier.

Here are some NFL arrests from this year....

Andre Smith - Carrying a loaded gun at an airport
Rolando McClain - Arrested for violating car window tint rules and giving a fake name
Chris Rainey - Simple Battery
Jay Ratliff - DWI
Robert Sands - Assault in the 4th degree, domestic violence
Michael Boley - Child Abuse
Alfonzo Dennard - Assaulting a police officer
Brandon Barden - Crashed caused by drunken driving
Amari Spievey - 3rd Degree Assault, risk of injury to a child, and disorderly conduct
William Moore - Simple Battery
Corey MacIntyre - Misdemeanor Battery
Quentin Groves - Disorderly Conduct in a prostitution sting
Daryl Washington - Two counts of aggravated assault
Titus Young - DUI, Attempting to steal his car from a tow yard, breaking into a home
Aaron Hernandez - Murder
Ausar Walcott - Attempted Murder

tucker6
06-26-2013, 05:17 PM
well, there are 1,696 players on rosters (32 teams x 53 players), so 28 is 1.65%. That's 16 arrests for every 1,000 players. Not sure if that's a lot or not considering that these guys probably came from poor beginnings and now have wealth beyond compare. That combo makes for bad situations oftentimes when a posse gets involved.

Bettowin
06-26-2013, 05:18 PM
NFL has to be the sport with the most murders committed by players and it can't even be close.

Robert Fischer
06-26-2013, 05:43 PM
well, there are 1,696 players on rosters (32 teams x 53 players), so 28 is 1.65%. That's 16 arrests for every 1,000 players. Not sure if that's a lot or not considering that these guys probably came from poor beginnings and now have wealth beyond compare. That combo makes for bad situations oftentimes when a posse gets involved.

Most of these football players who get in trouble were the young alpha males growing up in a poor, lawless environment.
I remember when I was in college I almost participated in something very stupid with a friend of mine, and his friend (who happened to go on to be a pro bowl caliber NFL player).

Once those guys get money if they try to do the same things it gets even worse. Things are intensified, there's more likely to be weapons involved, and using violence to resolve a dispute usually lands them in jail + a lawsuit.

It's a lot harder for a middle linebacker to 'turn it off' outside the lines than a guy like Peyton Manning, or a place kicker.

I know the league is at least concerned about image, and tries to counsel these guys(rookies) to stop trying to be a star of the neighborhood and hang around with a posse of guys from their old life.

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Here are some NFL arrests from this year....

Some of those are comical sounding... actually sorry I didn't ever hear the story behind the guy that tried to bust his car out of impound. :D

Charli125
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
I know the league is at least concerned about image, and tries to counsel these guys(rookies) to stop trying to be a star of the neighborhood and hang around with a posse of guys from their old life.

I have a friend who graduated from Stanford, made the 49ers squad, and was cut on the last cut. He now plays in the CFL. He went through rookie orientation, and let's just say, they're not the brightest bulbs. He said that the rookie orientation included such highlights as, only buy 2 houses, don't bring your gun to the club, and if you get a girl pregnant, notify the team so they can help you out.

A lot of these guys have no clue how to live life as they've always been, and have only been, athletes. There's not much the NFL can do with what they're working with.

JustRalph
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Most of these football players who get in trouble were the young alpha males growing up in a poor, lawless environment.
I remember when I was in college I almost participated in something very stupid with a friend of mine, and his friend (who happened to go on to be a pro bowl caliber NFL player).

Once those guys get money if they try to do the same things it gets even worse. Things are intensified, there's more likely to be weapons involved, and using violence to resolve a dispute usually lands them in jail + a lawsuit.

It's a lot harder for a middle linebacker to 'turn it off' outside the lines than a guy like Peyton Manning, or a place kicker.

Lawless environment? Where? Laws apply everywhere. Poor or not. The environment is governed by laws.

How does money make it more likely guns are involved? Guns are everywhere.

More guns on the street in poor neighborhoods ? Rich affluent suburbs in my experience have less guns on the street.

You are making excuses

Robert Fischer
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Lawless environment? Where? Laws apply everywhere. Poor or not. The environment is governed by laws.

How does money make it more likely guns are involved? Guns are everywhere.

More guns on the street in poor neighborhoods ? Rich affluent suburbs in my experience have less guns on the street.

You are making excuses

I could be wrong.

I think you make a strong point about guns being everywhere.

ManU918
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Somehow this keeps getting worse...

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing

Valuist
06-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Somehow this keeps getting worse...

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing

Geez I wonder if they are gonna try to tie him to any unsolved murder in the area. They really don't have much to tie him to the July 2012 killing. It seems like a reach.

Stillriledup
06-27-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-Hernandez-Signed-Autographed-White-Patriots-Jersey-WOW-RARE-JSA-4-/221246520263

wiffleball whizz
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Say what you want about tmz but I think they may be the most credible source of info there is these days.....they have been right on evertything about this case

PhantomOnTour
06-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Hernandez made a few crucial errors:

1) he murdered people...ummm, allegedly
2) he didn't make a run for it when the heat began to come down

Seriously, after a few searches of my home I would have split and gone, brother. With those financial resources he might have made it a long way, but it looks now as if he will never see the free world again.

Robert Goren
06-29-2013, 12:36 AM
If the victim had a bag of Skittles, He could claim self-defense.

Robert Goren
06-29-2013, 12:43 AM
No bail either unlike somebody else that was accuse of murder. Where are the posters saying it is his constitutional rights like in the other case?

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2013, 01:47 AM
If the victim had a bag of Skittles, He could claim self-defense.Yeah, that's all it was. You mention the skittles but you don't mention the beating our half-white defendant took....interesting omission...

cj
06-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Hernandez made a few crucial errors:

1) he murdered people...ummm, allegedly
2) he didn't make a run for it when the heat began to come down

Seriously, after a few searches of my home I would have split and gone, brother. With those financial resources he might have made it a long way, but it looks now as if he will never see the free world again.

He is too big physically and too famous to have made it very far.

cj
06-29-2013, 01:53 AM
No bail either unlike somebody else that was accuse of murder. Where are the posters saying it is his constitutional rights like in the other case?

Is this some off topics crap you are dragging in here?

wiffleball whizz
06-29-2013, 02:17 AM
He is too big physically and too famous to have made it very far.

Besides being terminally ill I can't think of being in a worse situation then having police swarming his houses knowing he committed murder and knowing any second that he may be locked behind bars for the rest of his life.....it can't get much worse then that....and then he actaully seemed suprised the cops showed up at 8:45am

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-reaction-arrested-murder-gif/

Again that has the be the most helpless moment somebody can go through....knowing u will never see the light of freedom again...

BUT nobody told him to take the life of another human being.....but it sounds like the guy he killed knew people got killed and didn't say a word...

One thing for certain though is Aaron Hernandez won't win or lose a game for me in 3 months.....have fun rotting in jail with all that money in the bank

ManU918
06-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Add another to the list of NFL players arrested this year...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/29/us/indianapolis-colts-player-arrested/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 06:11 PM
The murder of Lloyd took place on June 17th. Check out Hernandez's Twitter entry for June 16th and the 18th. Interesting nothing on the 17th.

Chilling.

https://twitter.com/AaronHernandez