PDA

View Full Version : NYRA video

Cholly
06-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I've read on another forum that NYRA is considering switching their race video to a split screen format, which would be a horrible development in my opinion. I've written a letter voicing that opinion, and posted it to the "Contact Us" tab on the NYRA website.

Is there a more efficient address and/or person I can write in order to get my opinion in front of a decision-maker as regards this issue?

FantasticDan
06-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I think that was brought up by a fan at the recent "rowdy and raucous" NYRA public hearing...

http://www.drf.com/news/nyra-hearing-turned-ear-union-members

DeltaLover
06-18-2013, 02:18 PM
That's the least I am concerned about... What difference does it make?

the little guy
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I've read on another forum that NYRA is considering switching their race video to a split screen format, which would be a horrible development in my opinion. I've written a letter voicing that opinion, and posted it to the "Contact Us" tab on the NYRA website.

Is there a more efficient address and/or person I can write in order to get my opinion in front of a decision-maker as regards this issue?

I think, at least as I remember it, that the discussion was not about split screens. I know the article says so, but I don't remember it that way, nor did I take it that way.

Our video presentation is always open for discussion, as it should be, but there is no current discussion about it going to split screen. This particular discussion, or question, involved a customer wanting us to move off of a runaway winner late in a race in order to show a potential battle for runner-up positions. It was not about a split screen.

I appreciate, and greatly respect, your passion. In this case, I think you're overreacting ( perhaps with good reason ). I assure you I will make sure your voice is heard in this discussion. I'm not a fan of split screens either.

SandyW
06-18-2013, 02:49 PM
How come we never discuss takeout whenever NYRA takes questions at these public hearings???

Tom
06-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Because the unions show up and take over the meetings?

lamboguy
06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
How come we never discuss takeout whenever NYRA takes questions at these public hearings???when it comes down to NYRA, its really about signal fees. they actually give you a good shot with the breakage. if you are a big bettor you can get a good deal when you want to bet NYRA. it has become quite evident lately that its more important to bet your money in the right place than what horse you pick.

Woodbine is giving you a good shake as well, you are getting the dime breakage as well with the lowest w-p-s takeout on the continent. ASD is just as good.

Stillriledup
06-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I think, at least as I remember it, that the discussion was not about split screens. I know the article says so, but I don't remember it that way, nor did I take it that way.

Our video presentation is always open for discussion, as it should be, but there is no current discussion about it going to split screen. This particular discussion, or question, involved a customer wanting us to move off of a runaway winner late in a race in order to show a potential battle for runner-up positions. It was not about a split screen.

I appreciate, and greatly respect, your passion. In this case, I think you're overreacting ( perhaps with good reason ). I assure you I will make sure your voice is heard in this discussion. I'm not a fan of split screens either.

How about showing full screen headons after the races are over? How about showing a wide pan shot of the horses galloping out instead of a close up of the winner?

therussmeister
06-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Woodbine is giving you a good shake as well, you are getting the dime breakage as well with the lowest w-p-s takeout on the continent. ASD is just as good.
Do you mean HANA has it wrong? They list Woodbine as tied for 19th best, with 16.95% WPS takeout, and ASD as 19% takeout.

rubicon55
06-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Do you mean HANA has it wrong? They list Woodbine as tied for 19th best, with 16.95% WPS takeout, and ASD as 19% takeout.

See this link, Lambo is correct:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77471/woodbine-lowers-takeout-rate-on-win-bets

thespaah
06-18-2013, 11:41 PM
I think that was brought up by a fan at the recent "rowdy and raucous" NYRA public hearing...

http://www.drf.com/news/nyra-hearing-turned-ear-union-members
Is it any wonder why most folks despise unions?

thespaah
06-18-2013, 11:43 PM

I never liked the split screen.
It will not work at Saratoga either because the close up shot will be blocked by the trees in the infield.
This is not a good idea.

Cholly
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
My post to the NYRA website got a prompt and polite response assuring me my voice would be heard. Mr. Serling writes that my voice will be heard.

Cholly is heard; Cholly is happy.