PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Park Early P4 Sun 6/16/2013

billyball
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
The Equibase chart says that it paid $4,996.50 for a $1 wager on a 3 of 4 payoff---so they are saying nobody had 4 winners --- the chart in DRF also shows this 3/4 pay off---The pool total was 5,810---the first leg a MSW for Mn bred 2yo's was won by track owner Curt Sampsons "CHAIRMAN CROOKS" the 5 horse at even money---second leg went to $17 #8 "AMBASSADOR OF WAR"----will explain later about this leg----third leg went to 8/5 favorite #11 "SWIFT PROGRESS"----back to the second leg when the #8 won I though great because I went 5 deep and the 8 was one of my picks---when I looked at the ticket though I see I used 7 instead of the 8 by mistake---not the first time I have done that----after the 3rd leg when Swift Progress who I had used wins by a nose I am really beating myself up because I would be 4 deep in final leg if I did not f***up----I wrote down the willpays and did notice some 3/4 payoffs but 8 or 9 of the entries including the #6 HUMAN ERASER who was the winner showed a payoff--I have $2408 as the number on the 6---the tv I was looking at was kind of blurry but that's what I saw and wrote down---I did not use the Eraser on my ticket so I let it go that I would of lost anyway time to move on---Then last night when I looked at the charts at see the 3/4 payoff I go WHAT---that can not be possible---my 4 deep ticket would have 4 winners if I did not make the mistake---the more I think that only two other tickets on the 12 horses in leg 4 had the even money 7-1 and 8-5 alive to the 4th leg seems impossible---then I look at my program again and see what I wrote down---got to be a mistake----called Canterbury and they said yes paid on 3/4----so now am beating myself up again---can anybody tell me what they think----thanks---billyball

k

foodog8
06-18-2013, 04:20 AM
That is a mistake in the Equibase chart(s). Equibase charts show both early and late P4s paid 3/4 but that is wrong. In the early P4, there were two winning $.50 ticketsthat paid $2498. The pool size was $5810.

My friend had four horses to cash the P4 in race 4, but not the winner (the 6 horse), so obviously if it had paid 3/4 it would have been a lot less than $2400.

The Cby person you spoke with was just reading back to you the same bad information from the chart that you were seeing.

billyball
06-18-2013, 06:44 AM
thanks----I can sleep now after you confirmed what I was thinking---just did not seem like that could be true----