PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know If TVG/NJBETS Is Taking Bets On Royal Ascot Tomorrow?

NJ Stinks
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm betting no. :mad:

Very lame that we can't bet foreign races so far like TVG account holders in other states. :blush:

affirmedny
06-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Very lame that we can't bet foreign races so far like TVG account holders in other states. :blush:

It's not against the law or anything. This is just an oversight on TVG's part, of which I'm seeing many so far.

iceknight
06-18-2013, 10:10 AM

Very lame that we can't bet foreign races so far like TVG account holders in other states. :blush:yes, it is very lame and I really hate TVG. Signed up with them recently but going to dump them fairly soon. Of course, I have an older account with Xpressbet so I used it.

NJ Stinks
06-18-2013, 11:55 AM
It's not against the law or anything. This is just an oversight on TVG's part, of which I'm seeing many so far.

This is not the fault or oversight of TVG. The problem is New Jersey. Of course TVG wants us to be able to bet on these foreign races. Why wouldn't they?

I made inquiries before Cheltenham. I found out that NJBETS has it's offices at Monmouth Park. I called Monmouth and found out that NJBETS needs to enter contracts with whoever it has the rights to the English and Irish races. I was told that I should be patient - it wasn't something that can be done immediately but it will be done.

Cheltenham ran the Gold Cup in March. It's June. Three months have come and gone. Meanwhile TVG continues to provide free PP's to English and Irish races daily. And TVG takes bets on these races daily. But not if you are a TVG customer living in NJ. :rolleyes:

I'm 63. I don't need some yahoo working for Monmouth Park or the State of New Jersey deciding whether or not I can bet Royal Ascot. How did this country ever get so screwed up with the gambling? Pathetic.

In a couple months I'll be back in London and walk into a Coral or William Hill at around 6:00pm. There on the TV's will be live coverage of the first race at Monmouth. And in September bookmakers there will take bets on the NFL. In between every week bets will be offered on golf tournaments around the world.

Most people would acknowledge that New Jersey has been the second most gambling-friendly state behind Nevada. If we are #2, how pathetic is every other state?

Freedom my ass. :mad:

horses4courses
06-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Very frustrating for you.

Console yourself with this thought, though.
In the final race at Ascot today, I would love to bet Wesley Ward's 2yo
:16: Ogermeister at the 7-1 odds available in the UK.
I would bet him win/place (7-5 guaranteed on the wps).

He will be closer to 3-1 in the US pool, so I wouldn't touch it here.
NJ, NY, Calif....wouldn't matter....it's a race to pass.

Wesley Ward gets his 2 year olds so forward early on. Should run huge.
Joel Rosario is the best rider in the world right now, too.
Be nice to see him win.

affirmedny
06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
This is not the fault or oversight of TVG. The problem is New Jersey. Of course TVG wants us to be able to bet on these foreign races. Why wouldn't they?

I made inquiries before Cheltenham. I found out that NJBETS has it's offices at Monmouth Park. I called Monmouth and found out that NJBETS needs to enter contracts with whoever it has the rights to the English and Irish races. I was told that I should be patient - it wasn't something that can be done immediately but it will be done.

Cheltenham ran the Gold Cup in March. It's June. Three months have come and gone. Meanwhile TVG continues to provide free PP's to English and Irish races daily. And TVG takes bets on these races daily. But not if you are a TVG customer living in NJ. :rolleyes:

I'm 63. I don't need some yahoo working for Monmouth Park or the State of New Jersey deciding whether or not I can bet Royal Ascot. How did this country ever get so screwed up with the gambling? Pathetic.

In a couple months I'll be back in London and walk into a Coral or William Hill at around 6:00pm. There on the TV's will be live coverage of the first race at Monmouth. And in September bookmakers there will take bets on the NFL. In between every week bets will be offered on golf tournaments around the world.

Most people would acknowledge that New Jersey has been the second most gambling-friendly state behind Nevada. If we are #2, how pathetic is every other state?

Freedom my ass. :mad:

I believe you, but why am I able to bet Japan and Australia if that's the case? I find it hard to believe NJBETS has an agreement with Japan. Also why doesn't TVG put some pressure on NJBETS to get this done? Considering all the time they spent promoting this meet you'd have to think they think the races are worth carrying. I share your frustration with NJ, many times I've had to call the mutuel dept to point out they're not accepting bets that are printed in the program.

NJ Stinks
06-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Very frustrating for you.

All I can say is I envy you living in Lake Tahoe. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
06-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I believe you, but why am I able to bet Japan and Australia if that's the case? I find it hard to believe NJBETS has an agreement with Japan. Also why doesn't TVG put some pressure on NJBETS to get this done? Considering all the time they spent promoting this meet you'd have to think they think the races are worth carrying. I share your frustration with NJ, many times I've had to call the mutuel dept to point out they're not accepting bets that are printed in the program.

I don't know about Japan but NJBETS was taking bets on Australian races before NJBETS turned the operation over to TVG. So I guess the necessary Aussie contracts were already in place when TVG got involved.

As for TVG putting pressure on NJBETS, I think it may have something to do with TVG just being happy they landed a monopoly in NJ and they don't want to rock the boat. Also, the first couple times I called TVG about not being able to bet English and Irish tracks, the person I speaking to thought I was wrong. These TVG employees did not even realize NJ residents could not bet the UK. Why? Because the UK tracks were listed on TVG/NJBETS's website under Favorite Tracks and All Tracks. One must actually click on GB1 at the TVG/NJBETS website to learn that there are "No races today". :rolleyes:

Overall, I have been happy with TVG. I save money every time I make a deposit through my checking account and that's huge since I don't live near a NJ track or OTB. And when I've called TVG, the person on the other end provided great customer service.

In the end it comes down to this. NJBETS has no competition so they have no incentive to do anything. It's like the way cable companies treated customers when they had no competition. If I wasn't rooting for Monmouth Park and NJ racing to survive and thrive, I would stop betting their races tomorrow. But I am rooting for horseracing in NJ so I won't stop betting NJ races tomorrow.

horses4courses
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
All I can say is I envy you living in Lake Tahoe. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Thanks.
It's a hard place not to like. :)

wonatthewire1
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't know about Japan but NJBETS was taking bets on Australian races before NJBETS turned the operation over to TVG. So I guess the necessary Aussie contracts were already in place when TVG got involved.

As for TVG putting pressure on NJBETS, I think it may have something to do with TVG just being happy they landed a monopoly in NJ and they don't want to rock the boat. Also, the first couple times I called TVG about not being able to bet English and Irish tracks, the person I speaking to thought I was wrong. These TVG employees did not even realize NJ residents could not bet the UK. Why? Because the UK tracks were listed on TVG/NJBETS's website under Favorite Tracks and All Tracks. One must actually click on GB1 at the TVG/NJBETS website to learn that there are "No races today". :rolleyes:

Overall, I have been happy with TVG. I save money every time I make a deposit through my checking account and that's huge since I don't live near a NJ track or OTB. And when I've called TVG, the person on the other end provided great customer service.

In the end it comes down to this. NJBETS has no competition so they have no incentive to do anything. It's like the way cable companies treated customers when they had no competition. If I wasn't rooting for Monmouth Park and NJ racing to survive and thrive, I would stop betting their races tomorrow. But I am rooting for horseracing in NJ so I won't stop betting NJ races tomorrow.

Back about 10 years ago when I would go to the Meadowlands for simulcasting, they took UK on Saturdays. Probably just didn't renew
Consider this though, NJ has to be a relatively large market for horseplayers for TVG to want to have the business. So there might be a case if enough people pressure NJBETS

lsosa54
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM
For the ist time since the NJ Bets => TVG conversion, I got asked to buy a $3 video pass to access live video for BHP? Anyone else? Refused and went to Calracing.

I am an NJ resident so have no other options.

Longshot6977
06-22-2013, 11:11 AM
For the ist time since the NJ Bets => TVG conversion, I got asked to buy a $3 video pass to access live video for BHP? Anyone else? Refused and went to Calracing.

I am an NJ resident so have no other options.

I live in Central NJ and yes, it happened to me just after they eliminated their wager fees recently (but never mentioned they added the video access fee of $3 which 4NJBets never had) and I had a long conversation with TVG manager. I posted about in another thread. It was $3 to get more video access because I used up my 10 measly hours. You have to bet at least $25 to gain 1 more video hour. The video FAQ on their site descibes what a 'video hour' is based on the size of the video screen you select. You have to wait until the 1st of the month before they replenish the 10 free hours. Of course, they can do what they want since it's a monopoly in NJ.

I would assume that most NJ customers would immediately drop TVG if other ADWs were allowed. And TVG has the worst rebates short of having no rebates at all. You have to bet $2500 for a $5 rebate! That's 1/5 of 1%. Sorry for the rant, but your post got me going. I better stop here.

lsosa54
06-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I hear you on that. I don't have much time to bet right now, usually a couple of hours Sat and Sun. It's not the $3, it's just the principle.

I'll tell you that Calracing's video is free and so is NYRA's, and both are superior to any of TVG's video, whatever size you choose.

Luckily, that's all I play, but the NJ situation just plain sucks. Not much we can do.

Shemp Howard
06-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I still place my action with a gentlemen bookmaker.

No bs, a free lunch on Saturdays and a free drink on Tuesday night, settlement day.

Longshot6977
06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
I hear you on that. I don't have much time to bet right now, usually a couple of hours Sat and Sun. It's not the $3, it's just the principle.

I'll tell you that Calracing's video is free and so is NYRA's, and both are superior to any of TVG's video, whatever size you choose.

Luckily, that's all I play, but the NJ situation just plain sucks. Not much we can do.

I know about Calracing's free video and NYRA's free AUDIO, but can you please provide a link to watch NYRA's free VIDEO for NJ residents.

NJ Stinks
06-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I know about Calracing's free video and NYRA's free AUDIO, but can you please provide a link to watch NYRA's free VIDEO for NJ residents.

The only thing I can suggest is NYRA's video replays. I don't if the video replay is available shortly after the race is official or at the end of the day. You can search for prior day video replays too. Here's the link:

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/

Longshot6977
06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
The only thing I can suggest is NYRA's video replays. I don't if the video replay is available shortly after the race is official or at the end of the day. You can search for prior day video replays too. Here's the link:

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/

Yes NJ Stinks, I have used that link before, thanks. However, Isosa54 mentioned it so I was wondering if he can provide a link. But my guess is he won't be able to. I guess we're lucky to see TVG's NYRA feeds now that TVG took over since 4NJBETS never had them.

lsosa54
06-24-2013, 10:15 PM
LS: Wish I could but I had to sign up for a NYRA account as an out of state resident. I can't use it to bet but I can use it to get the video feed.

Didn't think it was possible until OTM Al mentioned it to me last August at Saratoga. I went to sign up and the first guy I spoke to said I could not. Went back and told Al and he checked again and told me the kid I had spoken to didn't know what he was talking about.

Sure enough, I went back and spoke to him and asked if we could go see the account people and sure enough, it was possible. They took a copy of my NJ license and within a couple of hours I had a NYRA account open and could access the video feed. They gave me a NYRA Rewards card on the spot.

Don't know if you're close to Belmont or Aqueduct, but you need to sign up in person.

I log in through nyrarewards.com and then hit the live streaming link. I'm watching the Mountaineer live video as we speak, so I have access to any video feeds on tracks that NYRA takes. Only other track running right now is Yonkers.

Canarsie
06-25-2013, 10:45 AM
LS: Wish I could but I had to sign up for a NYRA account as an out of state resident. I can't use it to bet but I can use it to get the video feed.

Didn't think it was possible until OTM Al mentioned it to me last August at Saratoga. I went to sign up and the first guy I spoke to said I could not. Went back and told Al and he checked again and told me the kid I had spoken to didn't know what he was talking about.

Sure enough, I went back and spoke to him and asked if we could go see the account people and sure enough, it was possible. They took a copy of my NJ license and within a couple of hours I had a NYRA account open and could access the video feed. They gave me a NYRA Rewards card on the spot.

Don't know if you're close to Belmont or Aqueduct, but you need to sign up in person.

I log in through nyrarewards.com and then hit the live streaming link. I'm watching the Mountaineer live video as we speak, so I have access to any video feeds on tracks that NYRA takes. Only other track running right now is Yonkers.

You can sign up for a NYRA account by mail I did it over 18 months ago. Just click on the link below

How do I open a NYRA Rewards account?

NYRA Rewards offers four easy sign-up options for new members: Online Instant Sign-Up, by mail, fax, or stop by a NYRA Rewards Information Booth at any live NYRA race meet or simulcast facility. Click here for more information.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/mobile/handicapping/wagering-faq/

I had a little problem due to my idiocy when the form was mailed in and had to call customer service. NYRA should be very PROUD the lady that took my call was phenomenal. It was ironed out quickly and not one single hiccup since.

Just my opinion but it bothers me that your using NYRA for other tracks. Sooner or later just like the Adwest PP site they will restrict it or take away the video privilege. People on here bash TVG for their ten hour policy do you really think NYRA is going to allow a flood of customers to use their site to watch other tracks? Last time I looked NYRA payed for bandwidth just like almost every other company.

I never even thought of bringing this up but you let the cat out of the bag.

lsosa54
06-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Just my opinion but it bothers me that your using NYRA for other tracks. Sooner or later just like the Adwest PP site they will restrict it or take away the video privilege. People on here bash TVG for their ten hour policy do you really think NYRA is going to allow a flood of customers to use their site to watch other tracks? Last time I looked NYRA payed for bandwidth just like almost every other company.

I never even thought of bringing this up but you let the cat out of the bag.

Not sure I get your point. The NYRA Rewards site has 2 video feeds. When a NYRA track is running I'm sure it uses one and the other can be used to select another track. When NYRA is not running like last night, thy were showing Mountaineer and Yonkers, which I watched out of curiosity for 2 mins.

I think I've use the NYRA site twice maybe 3 times since Saratoga. Just my opinion, but the more I think about it, your comment is asinine. If NYRA Rewards wanted to prevent it, they would prevent it. I could care less about Adwest or TVG or what they choose to do. I'm stuck with TVG and there's not a damn thing I can do about it legally.