02-23-2004, 04:44 PM
"What Becomes of the Broken Hearted"

As I walk this land of broken dreams
I have visions of many things
But happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion

Well maybe that's a little to much but
This game really can hurt sometimes

Did anyone see the 2nd race at Philly Park Sunday?
I mostly bet Win only (2 horses per race)
I try Pick 3's every once in a while
So I decided to try again Sunday starting in race 2 3 and 4
Race 1 was a pass My bet was AB/ ABC/ ABC for $1
$18 total
This is the comment from Equibase for race 2
"MISS CAT BALLOU raced just off the rail, took the lead mid stretch and drew off. CAJUN SOUP saved ground, was eased out near the stretch, was steered outside bearing out foe in early stretch, was impeded badly and lost best chance. SHINING TAP set the pace inside, bore out near the quarter pole and then ducked out sharply in mid stretch, was straightened away d was coming back. MLLE. RUMBLE saved ground, failed to menace. SHULANA raced two wide and just off pace, tired. HELLTUNERIDER failed to menace. JEANNE'S JET showed nothing. LOST IN THE MUSIC vied for command two wide, tired badly."
Cajun Soup #3 was one of my horses
The track comments don't tell how crazy this race was
The #6 horse Shining Tap goes way out to like a 10 len. lead
But I'm confident she will stop. The # 3 Cajun Soup is moving great. She's got all the momentum
so I know she is just gonna blow by the 6 and win easy But NO!!!! the #6 horse is
Drifting all over the track and just crashes into and attacks the # 3 ! Meanwhile the 4 horse
just strolls by and wins the race The #3 gets away from the 6 but its too late
And finishes 2nd but in a photo with the # 6 who had almost stopped, But went chasing after the # 3 It was crazy. Of course I hit the next two races and miss out on a $267pick 3
The # 4 and # 3 were CO favorites at 2.90 and 2.10 so I guess the pick would have be about the same This game is so hard. I had a nice day all in all. I had a great time with Dad and
my brother but Its those long lonely drives home when I really feel those tough races

Steve 'StatMan'
02-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Good job handicapping! Having a losing rival commit a foul and spoil everything sure does suck. Know you did everything you could right. Once in a great while, these come back and actually go our way, but they're always hard to take when they happen. Sorry!

SAL
02-23-2004, 10:30 PM
I remember that race also. I had BOTH the #3 and #6 in my DD's and my P3's. At the top of the stretch I'm counting my money. I'm not sure what happened to Shining Tap, it seemed like she was goofing around at the eighth pole, then rerallied when the jock got her mind on running again. Just a bad beat as far as I'm concerned. NEXT!

WINMANWIN
02-24-2004, 01:20 AM
I too watched that race sunday and the best horse did win.
Miss Cat Ballou was much the best, As Cajun Soup was lucky to get 2nd, As SHINING TAP did everything you mentioned, oddly
just after I'm counting my exacta money, Shinging TAP ALMOST
gets in the exacta after faltering in the lane. Strange race indeed
As those were the only 2 I bet in the 3's and the Ex's. After
watching Philly for mths now, I have seen many a steed with
large leads do the same thing Shinging Tap
did........:confused: :eek:

Binder
02-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Thank you Statman

Sal That's really too bad you had both the 6 and the 3 !!

WinManWin Nice job with the #4
My Val 2 readouts were
3,7 V/DC 1
8 V/DC 3
4 ,5 V/DC 4

I tried to bet against the #6 stretching out first time
I have trouble with CT horses like the #3
I also used the 7 in my pick

:( But Its always a good day at PHA