precocity
06-15-2013, 09:39 AM
1 Golden Ticket 12/1 Joel Rosario 117 4 C L Kenneth G. McPeek
2 Fort Larned 3/1 Brian Joseph Hernandez, Jr. 121 5 H L Ian R. Wilkes
3 Ron The Greek 3/1 Jose Lezcano 120 6 H L William I. Mott
4 Take Charge Indy 5/2 Rosie Napravnik 119 4 C L Patrick B. Byrne
5 Pool Play 15/1 Miguel Mena 115 8 H L Mark E. Casse
6 Successful Dan 2/1 Julien R. Leparoux 121 7 G L Charles LoPresti

who you got? pics coming later, short field but interesting race.

Stillriledup
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Im tossing the 1 and 5 and turning it into a '4 horse race'. Dont think Ft Larned is 'sharp' so im going to toss him. I kind of like the 3 and the 4 and just hoping Dan is 'too old' to beat this kind of horse.

Some_One
06-15-2013, 04:40 PM
:2: :4: / :1:

precocity
06-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Im tossing the 1 and 5 and turning it into a '4 horse race'. Dont think Ft Larned is 'sharp' so im going to toss him. I kind of like the 3 and the 4 and just hoping Dan is 'too old' to beat this kind of horse.
I HEAR YOU ON THIS HOPE YOU PLAY THAT! :cool:

Stillriledup
06-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I HEAR YOU ON THIS HOPE YOU PLAY THAT! :cool:

Im between The Greek and Rosie's horse, i'll decide with 0 MTP after i see warmups and prices!

precocity
06-15-2013, 05:23 PM
I KNOW ITS CHALK CITY BUT ITS MY PLAY!
:4: :3: :2: :6:

BIG TIME ON Take Charge Indy W/P GOOD LUCK! :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 06:46 PM
:4: had such an easy trip last time pressing a moderate pace in the clear outside. The funny thing is he steps up today and with the expected pace scenario and the added distance, he may run about the same actual speed today. He's consistent enough to use if you think he gets a trip.

:2: assuming Fort Larned is healthy, he's a contender, and today he could get a good trip as the early inside speed.

:2: and :4: seem to offer value here.

Tom
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
They've all won over the track, so that will not be an excuse.

4 Take Charge Indy - shows 2 sins when he got the lead in very slow time for this class. Against a normal pace, he just a normal horse.

:1: Golden Ticket - has been able to match any of the "normal" races by TCI

:2: Fort Larned - what is up with this guy? Lose his map to the winner's circle? If he gets there, he has to be up close, and that means TCI is in his way. He can't win off a fast pace, but he can set a pace when he needs to.

:3: Ron the Greek, won this race last year, comes in to it off a sharp race and he is tied for the top fig in this.

:6: Successful Dan is right there on the figures on dirt, and he has shown he close against a slow pace, he is
probably the best late horse in the field

Gotta see the odds, but I think Dan will be the play here.

Ocala Mike
06-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Well, Foster wrote "Beautiful Dreamer," so I'll go W/P on the :5: .

Didn't Casse score with this one over the track at a huge mutuel a few meetings back (or was that another track?).

Tom
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey Ralph......June 18, 2011......CD, R12 - You called Pool Play at 36-! in this race.

Who ya got tonight?! :cool:

Didn't Casse score with this one over the track at a huge mutuel a few meetings back (or was that another track?). Yes, with Pool Play!

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:25 PM
:2: and :4: seem to offer value here.

wow they are really over-betting my 4 and Rosie.
4 is supposed to be a decent value who may hit the board, not the fav bet down WPS

AxleLode
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM
:6: w/ :4: , :1:

Stillriledup
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM
wow they are really over-betting my 4 and Rosie.
4 is supposed to be a decent value who may hit the board, not the fav bet down WPS

Somehow the 1 is the fave in the show pool at this moment.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm going against the grain here.

10W 30Plc 150SHW on :3: Ron the Greek.

Fort larned is a danger, but I'm not sure he's in form. Successful Dan is probably the 2nd best horse in here, he's not really a true early speed horse so he's not going to feast on this small field. Take Charge Indy is in form and gets a dream trip but he is a little cheap.

Ron The Greek is the best animal and even against the grain in this small field he should compete here.

cj
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
The 1 and 5 have no chance in my opinion. 2 doesn't look to be in top form. The dump job of the jock scared me, and the last race was even worse. I consider him the underlay and the reason there is value in the race.

That leaves the 3, 4, and 6. The 4 ran huge in a G3 at Gulfstream, but did so tracking a slow pace and drawing away. So, it comes down to the 3 and 6 for me. I'll favor the 6 due to his better tactical speed. The 3 is the defending champ, but won the race getting a dream trip.

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2013, 09:38 PM
I'll take some exacta boxes with the 2-4-6 as backup but I think :3: Ron The Greek at 3-1 is going to f**k these guys up.Excuse my French!:cool:

horses4courses
06-15-2013, 09:39 PM
:6: Successful Dan WIN

Tom
06-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Successful Dan it is.

cj
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
The 4 ran huge in a G3 at Gulfstream, but did so tracking a slow pace and drawing away.

Meant to say Derby week, not at GP.

iceknight
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
dan, ron the greek exacta :)
--- after the race ---
Um... did Fort Larned run against 20k claimers?
What a dominating run!

cj
06-15-2013, 09:42 PM
I guess Fort Larned is back....3rd off the bench.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:42 PM
i'll take it

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Wow.I thought Fort Larned looked dull when he came out.I thought about it.Well my man's back!

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I guess Fort Larned is back....3rd off the bench.

he got a good setup(as expected), but he looked strong.
Was hard to know before the race if he was in form or not.

horses4courses
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
This horse never gets the respect he deserves....especially at the windows.
He's really only had two races this year - the debacle at GP hardly counts.

cj
06-15-2013, 09:47 PM
i'll take it

ROFL...sorry, but that is funny. $190 bet to get back $240.

But hey, it was better than my pick!

cj
06-15-2013, 09:48 PM

The horse got buried in his last against G3 horses, that is why he was 3 to 1.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:50 PM
ROFL...sorry, but that is funny. $190 bet to get back $240.

But hey, it was better than my pick!

next time, i'll try to do better ;)

Robert Fischer
06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
:2: :4: / :1:

good call

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
CJ,I didn't watch the whole card,at a glance is this a pretty quick one?

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2013, 09:56 PM

Your not a descendant of the JohnWayneGacy sire line are you?:D

cj
06-15-2013, 09:56 PM

I didn't pay attention to the times today, I let the computer sort that stuff out and review it all at once.

horses4courses
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Your not a descendant of the JohnWayneGacy sire line are you?:D

No, not to my knowledge.
Hard to deny a strong Bozo influence, though.
Top and bottom.

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2013, 10:29 PM
No, not to my knowledge.
Hard to deny a strong Bozo influence, though.
Top and bottom.

I figured you were from the LucilleBall female family!:cool:

JustRalph
06-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Hey Ralph......June 18, 2011......CD, R12 - You called Pool Play at 36-! in this race.

Who ya got tonight?! :cool:

Yes, with Pool Play!

Sorry Tom, was busy with a bunch of family in town visiting from Oklahoma and Houston. We are smack dab in the middle of their road trips so our house is the meeting point. Have a house full tonight. Both spare rooms filled and a little more..........

cj
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM

Yes, one of the best performances of the year.

The Fleur De Lis was very fast early and slow late, and nobody could catch the winner. It was a weak race for all but the winner really. The Matt Winn was a crawl fest. Code West should have had plenty left and did, probably the runner up was best. The Foster on the numbers was very fast throughout, with only the winner (obviously) running a strong race for the class.

plainolebill
06-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Tom, you had Take Charge Indy scoped out, chased that fast pace and threw in the towel.

raybo
06-16-2013, 11:42 AM

I agree, you let this horse have the lead in decent fractions and you're in trouble.

If I remember, he got no respect earlier this year, but his numbers sure put him in contention. Not a bit surprised that he won the Foster!

classhandicapper
06-16-2013, 12:08 PM
he got a good setup(as expected), but he looked strong.
Was hard to know before the race if he was in form or not.

I agree.

I know running without a jockey is generally discounted and hard to evaluate, but IMO he looked great the day he dumped his rider. He set a blazing pace and was ahead by a block. I considered that non race good enough to think he was still the same horse. But I couldn't get past the last race. There was no bias, pace, or trip issue to explain the dull performance. I never know what to do from a gambling perspective when I consider the best horse a question mark. If he's the favorite, you can toss him, but if he's not the favorite it's hard to play on or against him.

I'm not a proponent of bounce theory, but this may be the first time in history a horse bounced off a race where he didn't have a rider. :lol:

classhandicapper
06-16-2013, 12:15 PM
The Fleur De Lis was very fast early and slow late, and nobody could catch the winner. It was a weak race for all but the winner really.

I think you have to start suspecting that Royal Delta at 5, and after a few tough campaigns, may be ready to call it a career. If she doesn't run a big one next time out, they should probably retire her. I'll going to be tempted to play against her next out against anyone that can run. She's still going to get bet like she's the Royal Delta of old but may not be. If she runs a big one, so be it. You lose a bet, but get to watch her run. :)

raybo
06-16-2013, 12:23 PM
I agree.

I know running without a jockey is generally discounted and hard to evaluate, but IMO he looked great the day he dumped his rider. He set a blazing pace and was ahead by a block. I considered that non race good enough to think he was still the same horse. But I couldn't get past the last race. There was no bias, pace, or trip issue to explain the dull performance. I never know what to do from a gambling perspective when I consider the best horse a question mark. If he's the favorite, you can toss him, but if he's not the favorite it's hard to play on or against him.

I'm not a proponent of bounce theory, but this may be the first time in history a horse bounced off a race where he didn't have a rider. :lol:

Evidently his last race was what he needed to get race ready a gain. He's had 2 bad races in the last 10, one he was "carried out, bothered", the other came after he "stumbled st, lost rider" and ran his butt off, that one had to have taken a lot out of him. I think that's a pretty good record. As I said earlier, not a bit surprised.

RS had him ranked 2nd in Final Velocity and ranked 1st in both class and distance.

CincyHorseplayer
06-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Yes, one of the best performances of the year.

The Fleur De Lis was very fast early and slow late, and nobody could catch the winner. It was a weak race for all but the winner really. The Matt Winn was a crawl fest. Code West should have had plenty left and did, probably the runner up was best. The Foster on the numbers was very fast throughout, with only the winner (obviously) running a strong race for the class.

I wrote out the splits and figured it was pretty solid and wasn't just a visual illusion-23.3-23.1-23.3-24-13.Good news for the handicap division.

Robert Fischer
06-16-2013, 12:44 PM
this may be the first time in history a horse bounced off a race where he didn't have a rider. :lol:

i like it :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
06-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I agree.

I think we were all thinking along the same lines because we were trying to guesstimate his speed figure for that insane runoff race.If the BC either doesn't bounce him him like most post BC dull performances with either hangover or half ass intent,then dumping a rider and losing 6-8 lengths,blowing past like a bat out of hell,and winning like Paul Revere's Headless(riderless) Horseman by a 16th pole should very well bounce you!Like you though the last race stuck in the head and he came out onto the track and looked dull even during prerace warmups.I thought underlay even at 3-1.What a treat it was to see him tear though!I had a rush of people flood into the house while I was watching the last couple races and they were asking me why I was watching races so late.I told them about the big stakes and showed them FL and was telling them the whole story.I put on the Gulfstream race and while they were horrified about the break I broke out in my best "Hawk Harrelson" impersonation as he flew into and out of the screen "He Gone"!In a room full of non players they appreciated the whole scenario,gained a respect for the horse,and had a good laugh to boot!Fun night.

precocity
06-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Tom, you had Take Charge Indy scoped out, chased that fast pace and threw in the towel.
me too, and dam he threw in the towel fast. good luck to everyone who made money!

PhantomOnTour
06-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Take Charge Indy - I am not a fan of this horse. Hated him in the Alysheba and he romped, but the fact is as you stated...he can't handle a fast pace.
His price made for a HUGE overlay on Fort Larned...3-1.

Larned ran him into submission

Stillriledup
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Take Charge Indy - I am not a fan of this horse. Hated him in the Alysheba and he romped, but the fact is as you stated...he can't handle a fast pace.
His price made for a HUGE overlay on Fort Larned...3-1.

Larned ran him into submission

TCI was a total fraud, he was exposed as a fake good horse, he can run trumped up Beyers and win in fast times, but when he has some adversity, he folds like a cheap suit. That was a disgraceful performance from a supposed 'top horse', embarrassing.

raybo
06-17-2013, 01:24 PM
TCI was a total fraud, he was exposed as a fake good horse, he can run trumped up Beyers and win in fast times, but when he has some adversity, he folds like a cheap suit. That was a disgraceful performance from a supposed 'top horse', embarrassing.

I don't know about the "total fraud" tag, but he has never overly impressed me.