PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR THUR. 06/13

MeSlew
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Hello All! For Thursday June 13, 2013 the races and tracks on Slew's agenda are as follows:

Belmont - 1,2,4,7,8
Hollywood - 1,3,5,6,7
Churchill - 3,7
Calder - 1,6

Our Key Horse for Thursday is:

Silsita - Bel ( 8) GP 02/02/13 # 1

Silsita (Pletcher/Valesquez) comes to us via her Gulfstream Park ALwOC for 3 year old fillies on the turf at one mile on 2/2. She set a scorching pace that day - the race was a rare 5 on Slew's T-Bred Richter scale - only to be run down by Coffee Clique who just won the Selene Stakes - Gr. 3 at Woodbine on 5/19.

On that race, here were my blog notes: February 2, 2013 Race 1 - We will finish up with a scorcher. In this ALwOC for 3 year old fillies on the turf at one mile, Coffee Clique (Lynch/Rocco, Jr.) ran into fast fractions set by Silsita (Pletcher/Valesquez) and then set the after burners on high and finished up in 11.69 for the final panel and 1:34.25 for the mile journey. She was ridden by Joe Rocco, Jr. that day and has won 2 of 3, breaking her maiden at Woodbine in her first try. I love the trackman's comment: "Strong hand ride". Any filly that doesn't need a swat or two to finish up in a sub 12 furlong gets her oats hand delivered by me anytime. She showed quite a turn of foot and is one to keep an eye out for. Also notable was the slow starting Kittens Point (Motion). Ridden by Johnny V. and starting over after a drubbing in the BC Juvenile Fillies Turf, she broke slowly and was angled out in the stretch, rallying for the place spot while making up significant real estate during the fastest fractions of the race. Again, one to watch for as she finds her legs and confidence.

Coffee Clique (Medaglia d'Oro - Miss Chapin, by Royal Academy)
Silsita (Macho Uno - Naturally Wild, by Wild Again)
Kittens Point (Kitten's Joy - Rendezvous Point, by Kingmambo)
Also a Slew Key Horse from that race is Kittens Point who next won the Herecomesthebride Stakes - Gr. 3 at Gulfstream Park on 3/2. In her last start ahe placed a third
in the Ashland Stakes - Gr. 1 at Keeneland behind runaway winner Emollient.

Silsita's last start was the Kentucky Oaks - Gr. I at Churchill Downs where she stopped at odds of 48-1 under Gary Stevens. For this contest, the Astronomia Stakes at Belmont,
she is tagged with a 5/2 ML which is favoritism. Clearly Eric Donovon sees the crowd with the glow of forgiveness in their hearts. She gets Johnny V. to return and it should be noted that
her victory at Turfway Park inspired the trackman to note the following:

4 w, battled fiercely.

I just love stuff like that. If she battles back in the 8th race here, and holds her 5/2 line she may be worth any number of wagers including the all button in the Maiden Claimer that makes Belmont's nightcap. One of the several long shots there might make the wager worthwhile. I won't be handicapping the race as I am working, but you don't need me...you know what to do.

Enjoy the Thursday racing, good luck...and good 'capping!