PDA

View Full Version : Why do 93 year olds have drivers licenses?

Stillriledup
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/guide-dog-saves-men-swerving-vehicle-video-180638488.html?vp=1

Incredible. I couldnt pull this stunt off if i tried.

jdhanover
06-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I like the quote " they will conduct an investigation to see if the driver is still capable of driving a motor vehicle." You need an investigation to figure this one out? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
If they live in AZ, they may still have one because the state gives you a license practically forever. In New York, they dug into your pocket every couple of years for a renewal. Out here, I've gotten one license... and it is good for 39 years from the date of issuance. I look forty years older now than my picture from eleven years ago... can't wait to see the looks I get in another ten if I'm still alive when I whip that bad boy out. :D

Robert Goren
06-12-2013, 06:27 PM
In Nebraska, you have a test to renew if you are 72 or older. There are people where I live in their 90s who drive. They are probably better driver than your average 16 year old.

Tom
06-12-2013, 07:23 PM
I know a 40-something woman who shouldn't have one! :mad:

Marshall Bennett
06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
In Nebraska, you have a test to renew if you are 72 or older.
Wish this was the case in Texas. People complain about driving in the big cities, but rural areas are where the dangerous over 70 drivers do their damage. You tend to let your guard down when one of them turns right in front of you out of nowhere. Many are nearly blind, hard of hearing, or still half asleep. Many drunks are better drivers.

ElKabong
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM
[url]
Why do 93 year olds have drivers licenses?.

Sorry to disappoint, but I know of at least one 93yo on this board that is likely a better driver than most 50 and unders here. No exaggeration.

Stillriledup
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I know of at least one 93yo on this board that is likely a better driver than most 50 and unders here. No exaggeration.

Johnhannibalsmith? :D

TJDave
06-13-2013, 01:48 AM

F* all y'all. I'll be driving at 100...License, or not.

highnote
06-13-2013, 03:16 AM
An elderly woman pulled out in front of me today on my way to work. I was in the passing lane of a local 4-lane street. She rolled through the stop sign at about 5 miles per hour and pulled out in front of me at about 10 miles per hour. She could have pulled into the far right lane, but for whatever reason chose to pull into the passing lane -- the one I was in. I was doing about 35. She never even looked to her left. She was totally oblivious. I managed to get stopped in time and then passed her using the right hand lane.

I probably should have gotten her license plate number and told the police to check her out. She's an accident waiting to happen.