PDA

View Full Version : North America Cup - 20 years ago

Race Promoter
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Check out this video. Brings back some great memories.

1993 North America Cup (http://bcove.me/zg8f3eix)

jeebus1083
06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Presidential Ball, Riyadh and Life Sign were my introduction to harness racing. That was a STACKED group back in '93!

jeebus1083
06-11-2013, 07:24 PM
And a perfectly timed drive by Ronnie Waples on Presidential Ball to boot. Subbed for an injured Jackie Mo, who was Ball's regular pilot.

The Sportschannel NY program "Summer Racing from Yonkers" featured some intense battles between the "big 3" of the 3YO class. Too bad that footage from those races are probably lost forever memories.

pandy
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I did that summer show from Yonkers quite a few times, it was popular. I would think that Yonkers still has the film from those shows.

pandy
06-11-2013, 10:50 PM
I just finished handicapping the race. Holy Cow what a race this should be!

Zapper
06-12-2013, 11:05 AM
pandy- What did you come up with after capping that race?

pandy
06-12-2013, 11:21 AM
I picked 2-3-4-7. I think it's between Vegas Vacation and Fool Me Once. They both paced powerful races over the track in their preps. Both are vastly improved over their 2yo form.

Sinner369
06-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I picked 2-3-4-7. I think it's between Vegas Vacation and Fool Me Once. They both paced powerful races over the track in their preps. Both are vastly improved over their 2yo form.

I think you are right Bob..........based on his last two races Fool Me Once (#3) looks pretty good in here.......was most impressed with his wire to wire job in the elimination..........!

With so many good horses in the NA Cup...........position and trip always are factors in determining the final outcome.

pandy
06-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, I gave the 2 an edge only because he has proven that he can win first over or off a cover trip but Fool Me Once looks great too. Whichever one gets the easier trip probably wins.

Zapper
06-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Don't count out the $ man on "Peter".Pete raced super his last two trips to the track and if you want to throw up another dark horse why not "Beach" as in Sunshine. This was make for a great story with everything Christoforou has gone through the last few years.

[/url][url="http://trackit.standardbredcanada.ca/?op=QRAP&id=592757"] (http://trackit.standardbredcanada.ca/?op=QME&mem_num=M0598&type=D)

Sinner369
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Don't count out the $ man on "Peter".Pete raced super his last two trips to the track and if you want to throw up another dark horse why not "Beach" as in Sunshine. This was make for a great story with everything Christoforou has gone through the last few years.

Who is $ man and who is "Peter".....not all of us are akin to the nick names!

willphorse
06-13-2013, 03:33 PM

Vegas Vacation should get a perfect trip just behind the speed. Odds On Equuleus will also be one to watch! 3 Qualifiers at Big M, improving each time. Faded in the Somebeach 1st start, Much better 2nd back, shaving another second off. If improved again, which is expected 3rd off Qualifier, look for a big performance!

Sinner369
06-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Who is $ man and who is "Peter".....not all of us are akin to the nick names!

Looking more closely at the PP's...........I am guessing Wake Up Peter and Ron Pierce.......................I always thought John Campbell was the money driver.

Wake Up Peter has a shot but the horse to me needs a trip..........!

Zapper
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Looking more closely at the PP's...........I am guessing Wake Up Peter and Ron Pierce.......................I always thought John Campbell was the money driver.

Wake Up Peter has a shot but the horse to me needs a trip..........!

Bingo

Race Promoter
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
I am leaning towards Vegas Vacation. I am guessing a good trip plus improving. Good enough for me. Wake up Peter seems to be the wise guy pick right now for a price shot, but I figure the post will be too much. Excellent Pick 4 as well.