PDA

View Full Version : But what if I want a different color?

DJofSD
06-10-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Big bucks.

ManU918
06-10-2013, 09:29 PM
http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Big bucks.

Did you put the wrong link up? That previews the new Mac Pro coming in a few months... It mentions nothing of paying a premium for different colors.

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Ummmm...yeah he put the right link up...not sure how you're confused...I thought his question was funny...and appropriate.

And I think this new Mac Pro makes me sort of want to buy a Mac for the first time ever...that's a thing of beauty...or a finally crafted marketing campaign...I don't know which...yet...

ManU918
06-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Ummmm...yeah he put the right link up...not sure how you're confused...I thought his question was funny...and appropriate.

And I think this new Mac Pro makes me sort of want to buy a Mac for the first time ever...that's a thing of beauty...or a finally crafted marketing campaign...I don't know which...yet...

I guess I don't get it... Someone who owns several different Apple products, I certainly don't buy the product for the looks of it or color. When I ask this question I am serious... Does a company like HP or Dell offer their products in different colors for no surcharge?

On a side note to Pace... If you have never owned a Mac... I highly recommend it. Sure, you might pay more for a Mac then a PC, but you will immediately question why it has taken you so long to make the switch and love it.

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I guess I don't get it...Ok...try this...the link he provided goes through all this stuff...and you will admit, there is a lot of STUFF it talks about and highlights...so I thought his question "what if I want a different color" was kind of funny...you know...they go through all these pages describing all these great technical features, and DJofSD just wants to know if he can get a different color...

Ah, forget it... :lol:

ManU918
06-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Ok...try this...the link he provided goes through all this stuff...and you will admit, there is a lot of STUFF it talks about and highlights...so I thought his question "what if I want a different color" was kind of funny...you know...they go through all these pages describing all these great technical features, and DJofSD just wants to know if he can get a different color...

Ah, forget it... :lol:

I get it... That's been a complaint from consumers for 10 plus years... If he really wanted an Apple product and wanted it in a different color... He can go to ColorWare.

DJofSD
06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I guess no one remembers Henry T. Ford's statement about the model T.

ManU918
06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I guess no one remembers Henry T. Ford's statement about the model T.

People can have the model t in any color as long as it's black... LOL... Classic quote.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I can't wait until people actually get their hands on this baby and describe how it really feels in the real world. Is it another case of Apple style over substance?

TJDave
06-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Is that for less wind resistance? :rolleyes:

jerry-g
06-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Is that for less wind resistance? :rolleyes:

I think it represents the core of an apple.

senortout
06-11-2013, 07:25 AM
The central core cooling setup....duh....

DJofSD
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
The NeXtStep computer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeXTSTEP was passively cooled. A single piece of paper laid on the top would cause it to over heat.