PDA

View Full Version : Actor's grandson gave this performance. Actor's proud!

Actor
06-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Whobet is not the only one with bragging rights today. :cool:

0AW4X24T5IE

thaskalos
06-10-2013, 04:36 AM
As well you should be; that was awesome! :ThmbUp:

Best of luck to your grandson in the future...and keep us informed of his future triumphs.

maddog42
06-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Tremendous accomplishment! Congrats. The 800 is one of the toughest distances. Not a sprint and not a distance race. It takes grit.

JustRalph
06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
All out in the stretch, much the best

NJ Stinks
06-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Tremendous accomplishment! Congrats. The 800 is one of the toughest distances. Not a sprint and not a distance race. It takes grit.

Definitely true!

Actor, am I wrong to assume that your wife was the fleet runner in the family? :p

Your grandson was super! :ThmbUp:

Actor
06-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Definitely true!

Actor, am I wrong to assume that your wife was the fleet runner in the family? :p

Your grandson was super! :ThmbUp:Why would you assume that? I don't know where he gets his talent. I do know he's worked hard for the last four years.

He's signed with Ohio State University and will go there this fall. He's going to major in computer engineering. You can't make a living as a track star.

He owes a lot to his coach, who's done an excellent job.

He's going to be facing a lot tougher competition in college. I hope he can handle it.

ArlJim78
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
That's awesome, you must be proud.
If it were a horse race my comment would be "much the best"

Thanks for sharing.

Striker
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
He's signed with Ohio State University and will go there this fall. He's going to major in computer engineering. You can't make a living as a track star.
He's going to be facing a lot tougher competition in college. I hope he can handle it.
I was just about to ask where he is going to college. Good luck to him.

Actor
06-11-2013, 02:50 PM
That's awesome, you must be proud.
If it were a horse race my comment would be "much the best"

Thanks for sharing.His aunt calls him Secretariat. :)

Actor
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I was just about to ask where he is going to college. Good luck to him.He's had a lot of colleges interested in him, particularly in the last 90 days. He's gotten letters from West Point and Princeton. One college offered him a "full ride," no tuition, free books, free room and board. He turned them down because "Their computer science department does not impress me."

Sorry, I just feel the urge to brag. :cool:

JustRalph
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
He made the right choice.

Make sure he knows that his grades are directly proportionate to the amount of time he spends roaming North High street.

Striker
06-11-2013, 06:31 PM
He's had a lot of colleges interested in him, particularly in the last 90 days. He's gotten letters from West Point and Princeton. One college offered him a "full ride," no tuition, free books, free room and board. He turned them down because "Their computer science department does not impress me."

Sorry, I just feel the urge to brag. :cool:
That's great. IMO it is smart to pick a school that a person would want to attend even if they weren't going to be involved in athletics. The education he gets will always be there for him, and like you said track and field will not.

Zydeco
06-11-2013, 06:57 PM
He made the right choice.

Make sure he knows that his grades are directly proportionate to the amount of time he spends roaming North High street.

Having roamed High street.....in the late 70's...you mean the more time he spends on High St. the lower the grade will be, right? lol

JustRalph
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Having roamed High street.....in the late 70's...you mean the more time he spends on High St. the lower the grade will be, right? lol

You got it........I was roaming at the same time you were.......Spent more than a few nights at Zach's ........singing along with McGuffey Lane

NJ Stinks
06-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Why would you assume that?

I was joking, Actor. (And not well, apparently! :) )

Actor
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
As well you should be; that was awesome! :ThmbUp:

Best of luck to your grandson in the future...and keep us informed of his future triumphs.I just got the word. His team won the 4x800 today at Fort Wayne, IN. None of the family were able to be there due to other commitments. This report is from his coach.

He ran the anchor leg. His teammate was tied for first at the hand-off. He took it from there.

I don't have video for this one. Sorry.

Greyfox
06-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Excellent.
It brought up memories of when I was in high school many, many years ago.
The Phys Ed teacher had us run a mile.
By the time most of us had done half a mile, a kid by the name of Dave Pettigrew had finished the race- double lapped us.
It was clear that I would never be a runner no matter how much training I did.

Actor
07-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Doctors have discovered that Anthony has an extra nerve going to his heart. It does not affect his athletic performance but there is a small chance (100:1) that it could prove fatal. He's going into surgery tomorrow. Surgeons will insert an optical fiber into a vein in his leg, work it up into his heart and look for the extra nerve's ending. When they find it they will "burn" it. (Their word.)

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2013, 02:14 AM
Wow Actor...I can't begin to imagine, not being a parent myself, how you begin to process something like this, even with the chances being so small that something unthinkable might happen.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all hope that everything turns out for the best for your son!

Actor
08-10-2013, 11:31 PM
The good news: Doctors have given Anthony the go ahead to train and compete.

The bad news: They were unable to burn the second pathway. It was too near the primary pathway. He was scheduled to be on the table for two hours but was there for five.

The condition is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. About one person in 500 has it. It's generally not fatal or debilitating.