PDA

View Full Version : Best ADW for batch uploading of wagers

MJC922
06-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Anyone have a good suggestion on this? I've been with Twinspires without many complaints however their batch upload is so half-baked it seem pointless for me to even waste my time trying to automate it. This is a rather straightforward operation it would seem i.e. navigate to URL, upload comma delimited file consisting of, track, date, race number, horse number, bet type and amount. You would think anyone designing a batch upload for an ADW like Twinspires wouldn't go down the road of implementing non-standard track codes into the mix and then make the outlandish 'please note' our track codes, and wager codes may change on a daily basis? So I guess, since uploading is a large part of my longer term plan my money needs to go someplace else. Suggestions are appreciated.

startngate
06-10-2013, 10:14 AM
TwinSpires does not use 'non-standard' codes, they use the track codes that are established by the tote systems.

Track and Bet Name codes don't change very often (common occurrences are tracks like Colonial that run TB and Harness) but they do sometimes. Every ADW allowing for file uploads is going to have a similar disclaimer, and as far as I know all use the actual tote codes for the bet files.

If you're in a State that Premier Turf Club operates in, its file upload system actually scrubs the bet file and lets you know which bets are valid and which aren't (for example due to bad codes, pool not being offered in the race, or scratched horses). With some other systems those things can make the entire file not process without telling you why it blew up.

ArlJim78
06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
the biggest problem I had with Twinspires uploads is how slow it was, and the fact that after about 600 wagers you were pretty much maxed out for the day, after which you couldn't even get it to respond to a "recall todays wagers" request. Their system seems very archaic with respect to wager uploading. From talking to them it seemed that not very many of their customers used that feature, so I inferred that they do not put much emphasis on it's development.

Ray2000
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Twinspires is the worst, can't get them to accept minimum bet amounts at some tracks even tho I can then take the bet to their regular wager pad where it's accepted. Email complaints get a few tracks corrected for a while.

I'm now using mutuelsonline.com and very satisfied but they can't handle Churchill tracks so I'm forced to use Twin for Hoosier, Meadows, Lebanon etc

facorsig
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Does any have recommendations for software to build the upload files (to Premier Turf Club)? I mainly play multi-race exotics and the ability to quickly wager larger numbers of races is attractive to me.

MJC922
06-15-2013, 03:33 PM
TwinSpires does not use 'non-standard' codes, they use the track codes that are established by the tote systems.

Track and Bet Name codes don't change very often (common occurrences are tracks like Colonial that run TB and Harness) but they do sometimes. Every ADW allowing for file uploads is going to have a similar disclaimer, and as far as I know all use the actual tote codes for the bet files.

If you're in a State that Premier Turf Club operates in, its file upload system actually scrubs the bet file and lets you know which bets are valid and which aren't (for example due to bad codes, pool not being offered in the race, or scratched horses). With some other systems those things can make the entire file not process without telling you why it blew up.

Thanks for the heads up on the other ADWs but I think you follow what I'm getting at, these are 'non-standard' codes from the end users perspective. BED for Belmont and CHD for Churchill may be some wagering transmission standard of some sort but I'm not sure why it's exposed to the user as required syntax for a batch upload operation. I guess the industry believes we have plenty of extra time for getting vlookups and macros in place to build custom csvs for this stuff and then monitoring their web page for nightly changes just in case. By that time it's like why bother trying to automate it? I might as well keep submitting them manually.