PDA

View Full Version : Write letters. Pay cash.

DJofSD
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
No more 4th amendment: http://theweek.com/article/index/245311/sources-nsa-sucks-in-data-from-50-companies

highnote
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
The USPS makes a digital photo of every envelop and package that is mailed. So even the items you send in the mail are photographed and then collected and stored.

Hand delivery is about the only way to keep your written communications private.

Using cash is a good idea. Every credit card purchase you make is stored digitally and placed into large databases that are sold to companies.

If you are ill or a woman who is pregnant or an obese person who buys plus size clothing your traits can be gleaned from databases and used against you. You might be denied insurance or have your insurance rates increased, etc.

When you call customer service of a company and you hear a message that says this call may be recorded for quality assurance you can be assured it is being recorded. The call will be placed into a database and then it will be scanned to look for key words. If the word "broken" is detected, for example, maybe a network outage can be detected. That is not so bad. However, if you're calling a health insurance company and use certain words, those words can be used against you to deny service, modify your plan or increase your rates.

People need to be aware how information is being used against them.

I signed up for a new cloud dropbox that is supposed to be encrypted and secure. Within minutes I got an email from a different company asking me to sign up for secure document storage. So much for the privacy and security of the new dropbox company .