PDA

View Full Version : Is Point of Entry really going to run?

Stillriledup
06-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd hate to put in a pick 6 singling him and then get stuck with some random favorite after he scratches 45 MTP.

Didnt he scratch last time at Churchill late in the game?

wiffleball whizz
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Think it was early that day....remember waking up and being hot cuz I singled him with horses in the oaks and wasn't live

Stillriledup
06-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm. i could have sworn i had been 2 deep in a pick something and thinking all the money got transferred to wise dan, but, maybe i was just dreaming and that never happened.

wiffleball whizz
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Did u have pick 3 in that oaks woodford derby pick 3.....that's what I had but was dead after the oaks....maybe that's what u had

wiffleball whizz
06-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh he ran!!!!!!!

horses4courses
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Scary to think that he would have been lengths better on firm ground.
Just a tune up......

Shelby
06-09-2013, 10:15 AM
From Twitter:
HRTV ‏@HRTVinsider 4m
Point of Entry suffered slight fracture in hind cannon bone. For full report turn into HRTV this morning for McGaughey interview.

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 20m
Point of Entry came out of Manhattan with slight condylar fracture left hind cannon bone. Surgery with Bramlage, Shug says. #belmont

p.s. Horses4courses, your picture scares the chit outta me. I hate clowns lol.

CincyHorseplayer
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
From Twitter:
HRTV ‏@HRTVinsider 4m
Point of Entry suffered slight fracture in hind cannon bone. For full report turn into HRTV this morning for McGaughey interview.

Point of Entry came out of Manhattan with slight condylar fracture left hind cannon bone. Surgery with Bramlage, Shug says. #belmont

Oh man.I still thought the best was yet to come from him.6 grade 1 wins.I was ready for him to smoke the Arlington Million this year.Hope he's OK.

Shelby
06-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh man.I still thought the best was yet to come from him.6 grade 1 wins.I was ready for him to smoke the Arlington Million this year.Hope he's OK.

I do, too. The vet--Dr. Larry Bramledge (?) was on TVG and he said it wasn't a bad crack. So, hopefully we might see him at Breeder's Cup.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, they say it's not a bad injury as far as injuries go...and Shug says he could possibly have him ready to go by September...however Shug also says the owners had planned on retiring him at the end of this year anyway...so I wouldn't hold out too much hope that we see this one again on the track...

But at least this injury is manageable...

ManU918
06-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I would just announce his retirement now. Don't chance anything... Get him healthy and send him off to stud.

Stillriledup
06-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I would just announce his retirement now. Don't chance anything... Get him healthy and send him off to stud.

I agree, i would be shocked if they trained him back to race again.

CincyHorseplayer
06-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't think I'd bother with it either and that hurts as a fan.Knowing this especially makes a good willful performance a blood and guts masterpiece despite the lackluster opposition.Put em out to stud.Offer him another "Point Of Entry" about 100 times a year!With his resume and being a son of Dynaformer he should do well.

Fager Fan
06-09-2013, 06:56 PM
This is a pretty common injury (though usually to a front limb). With a screw insertion, the healing should be quick and 100%. No need to not finish out the year if they can. The mares don't need him until next February.

CincyHorseplayer
06-09-2013, 07:47 PM
This is a pretty common injury (though usually to a front limb). With a screw insertion, the healing should be quick and 100%. No need to not finish out the year if they can. The mares don't need him until next February.

Even in Australia?!:p

cj
06-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Just how valuable a stallion is he? Turf horses aren't usually highly sought here.

iceknight
06-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Oh man... so sorry to hear about this. Now I feel bad questioning Shug's assessment on soft/yielding courses etc and earlier scratch - when he was to run in the earlier race against Wise Dan...

Wish him the best of health and best recovery! Good luck POE

CincyHorseplayer
06-10-2013, 02:41 AM
Just how valuable a stallion is he? Turf horses aren't usually highly sought here.

Man I think we need to reclaim the turf.It's going to keep the stallion market relevant if we keep a sire like this but turf IMO is some of the best racing we have.I love it.I hope we start keeping some of it here.

Fager Fan
06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Man I think we need to reclaim the turf.It's going to keep the stallion market relevant if we keep a sire like this but turf IMO is some of the best racing we have.I love it.I hope we start keeping some of it here.

His breeding rights have already been sold to Adena Springs.

horses4courses
06-10-2013, 11:28 AM

I'm a bad man...... :lol:

FantasticDan
06-13-2013, 06:17 PM
It's reported on Twitter that surgery is complete on PoE, he's doing very well and already leaving the hospital. Ready to roll home:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMqtFpsCMAEHbtA.jpg

Stillriledup
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm a bad man...... :lol:

Why do you have a picture of me as your av? I certainly feel like your av after these last few days of betting. :D

Beachbabe
06-13-2013, 09:41 PM
From Twitter:
HRTV ‏@HRTVinsider 4m

You and Kosmo Kramer.