PDA

View Full Version : Day early, but any Woodbine Oaks thoughts?

Phantombridgejumpe
06-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Rosario comes in to ride, and the favorite has a rider I don't know well, who has a terrible record this year (but has won some big woodbine races in the past).

Looks like a suspect field for $500K. I am open to a play on just this race or a multi race play including it. Due to family obligations I won't be able to handicap it further, and will have to make my plays early tomorrow.

If you have a tip, or at least more info, I would appreciate it

Bennie
06-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Since no one else has replied yet, I'll take a stab. The 6 horse looks like the class of the field and ran at the distance last race. The other "obvious" contenders are the 7,8, and 4 but the horse that I wonder about is the 1 horse who ran turf races but Contreras has chosen to ride. I don't like to play poly tracks as a rule but will, on stakes days, take a look. The jock is okay but as you stated, has had a poor start to the meet. Good luck if you choose to play.

HoofedInTheChest
06-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Woodbine Oaks

I don’t think you will find much value in this race, it’s a bit of a short field with obvious contenders.

:4: – This would be my pick to win, she has the best E/L late differential of the field, as well she holds the best Total Energy rating of the field, mind you she put up a personal best last time out, but her last workout shows no ill effects from that last race. Good jock, trainer and barn.

:7: – The other win contender, has comparable numbers to the 4 as well as a really good late differential, which suits the poly in route races. Questionable jock/trainer, good barn.

:6: – Another good filly and contender, but i find her to be a bit of a ping pong horse, and she looks to be on a down cycle this time out. She has two quick works coming into this race so i could be wrong, but her past indicates a bounce this time out. Good jock, trainer and barn. I would use underneath.

:1: – This is the one horse that is a bit of a darkhorse, with only two races under her belt she really hasn’t shown us her full potential, she is training really well and had a good work 6 days ago, if Contreras can rate her properly, she could score but i would use underneath. Good jock, good barn, mediocre trainer.

:2: – Another dark horse, training well and due for a big run, i would use underneath. Good jock, trainer and barn.

The rest of the field are tosses in my opinion.

With rain in the forecast overnight, the track bias is setting up for the :4: & :7: . If you’re looking for value, i would go after the :1: & :2: .

:4: :7: / :4: :7: / :6: :1: :2: / :6: :1: :2:

Phantombridgejumpe
06-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Not Rosario's fault either, horse didn't break that well and he made a good run.

Tough beat if you had the 4 or 7-4, no excuse seen for that horse not finishing second.

I didn't get creative at all, liked the 7 a little better than the 6, so I just went $30 WP. I think he ended up 5-2 (was hoping for 2-1), but Rosario getting 2nd will kill the place.

Thanks for your help guys.