PDA

View Full Version : Nader to run

cj
02-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Cheers to Ralph for not buckling to outside pressure. Last I checked, this is a democracy.

ljb
02-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Bush-Nader 04 does have a nice ring to it.
Or? should it be Nader-Bush

so.cal.fan
02-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Nader said that the only difference between the Dems and the Republicans is the different special interest groups who sponser them. Which side of the street do you want to walk on?
This is interesting, all the debate about Dem./Rep. left/right, is really just down to there really isn't much difference as far as the White House goes.
I guess who ever we cheer for to win, perhaps doesn't even matter?:confused:

Secretariat
02-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Nader said that the only difference between the Dems and the Republicans is the different special interest groups who sponser them. Which side of the street do you want to walk on?
This is interesting, all the debate about Dem./Rep. left/right, is really just down to there really isn't much difference as far as the White House goes.
I guess who ever we cheer for to win, perhaps doesn't even matter?:confused:

Well, assuming that premise there was no difference between Clinton and Bush?

I don't think too many here would agree with that.

The question about Special Interests, are who are the Special Interests, and what do they stand for. Is one an oil and gas lobby, or an environmental or union affiliation. Each one of them wil lsupport candidates but their agendas are quite different.

Secretariat
02-22-2004, 02:58 PM
btw..congrats to Ralph...disagree with him, but agree with CJ this is a democracy. Perhaps we can encourage Pat Robertson to run as well.

so.cal.fan
02-22-2004, 03:07 PM
In all the years I have been watching politics, since the 1950's, it has always seemed if a President tended to be right wing....he quickly got to the center after being in office a year. Same with a left wing President....they go to the center. They have to.
Issues are more complex than we believe.
There is a difference as Sec. points out, but I don't think it's as much as he thinks.

cj
02-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
btw..congrats to Ralph...disagree with him, but agree with CJ this is a democracy. Perhaps we can encourage Pat Robertson to run as well.

Or Ross Perot, Clinton's favorite guy :)

timtam
02-22-2004, 04:07 PM
I guess we can see Bush has old Ralphie in his pocket. Nader should get in a Corvair and take a cross country trip. I wonder how many people he could drum up for a whistle stop. Or when the oil from the rear end engine blows up.

cj
02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Although it will probably turn out to the President's benefit, I would hardly say Nader is in his pocket. To paraphrase, Mr. Nader said Jeb Bush and the Supreme Court stole the election on the very show he made his announcement. Ralph Nader is, and has always been, his own man. Like him or not, I respect that.

kenwoodallpromos
02-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Thank you for starting this thread! Now let's end the Kerry one! / This is a local/regional democracy. If we had a national democracy there would be no electoral college but would have the right to petition without having to go through the state legislatures on amendments! / If you say Nader stole the election, How many days did Clinton campaign for Gore? Did Nader win TN? Did Perot steal the '92 and '96 elections for Clinton? / I am like 90% of those who answered the exit polls in 2000- on most subjects close to the middle, but a couple of big differences can decide the Pres. race. Otherwise if the registered demos only voted for Demos for Pres., the Republicans would never get in! / I have voted 3rd party since 1980 because by Nov I believe the worst they say about each other! / Demos and Reps have 1 thing in common-big money! / The Demps and Reps Both try to pull too much in their direction- it is the voters who keep things balanced and keep this country from tipping over Either way! / Look at your avatar- A chicken with only a left wing or only a right wing can only go in circles!!

JustRalph
02-22-2004, 05:45 PM
anybody know why Nader has that one Lazy kind of Eye?

The entire side of his face has nerve damage.......

anybody know how it happen?

Larry Hamilton
02-22-2004, 05:48 PM
stroke would do it..did me, I got over it

kenwoodallpromos
02-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Auto accident- caused him to write "unsafe at any speed" Won lawsuit and used the money to start Nader's Raiders!

JustRalph
02-23-2004, 05:25 AM
He fell asleep on a Trans Continental flight (Australia? maybe if my memory serves) and slept with his face against the window, right on the edge of the opening of the window. Something like 7 hours. When he awoke he was unable to feel the side of his face that was against the window. He also could barely open the eye. The Docs say it was from the aircraft vibration over 7 plus hours that destroyed a nerve connection just below the eye socket. They expected some improvement over time. It really doesn't look that bad in the latest pictures I have seen of him. But it is detectable.

Not sure if he sued though.....never heard.

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Anybody have another version? :rolleyes:

I'm assuming the "falling asleep on the window" is the true story?

so.cal.fan
02-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I always thought he had some type of Bell's Palsy......

kenwoodallpromos
02-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Matha Stewart beat him up?

Tom
02-24-2004, 07:37 PM
I seem to remeber hearing the airline story before. Didn't really pay much attention at the time, but it rings a bell.

Derek2U
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
that guy nader is just too old in looks & tude -- im sorry if i squash
history here but come on guys face it .... we got a lot of problems
facing us & Nader coudnt handle any1 of them he would be impeached from any job he got.

kenwoodallpromos
02-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Corporate scandals.

Derek2U
02-24-2004, 11:10 PM
what U guys think of the San Francisco mayor, Gavin Newcom?
he's seems like a Very Cool guy I think he will go far. Any ideas?

Tom
02-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U
he's seems like a Very Cool guy I think he will go far. Any ideas? He will go far alright. Right to jail for violating the law. Creatins like this have no place in public office. Whatever your views on gay weddings, this guy has no right to do what he is doing and he has to put in his place.
This is a sick puppy looking for publicity. He will eventually wind up under the bridge here in Off Topics, sniping at anyone who crosses over the bridge.

JustRalph
02-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Derek2U
he's seems like a Very Cool guy I think he will go far. Any ideas?

I agree with Tom on this one. But if Schwarznegger had any real Balls he would send the State Police in and arrest him.

They would also arrest those performing the ceremonies and those signing the licenses.

There is a damn state law against this! It drives me nuts that individuals will just plain ignore the law under the cloak of being "Progressive" That is the new code word for Liberalism too.

Wait until the first gay couple that marries and applies for benefits in the U.S. Military. They will be out on their ear. But it will also allow individuals an immediate out in the Military. Two swinging Dicks who want out of the Army can fly up to San Fran and have a wedding and report back to their base and ask for housing.....instantly they are out of the service. There are hundreds of scenarios like this that can get really messy. Not to mention the tax implications including raising your local taxes because the city and county now have to add 25% percent to their labor budget for health care and it goes on and on.

kenwoodallpromos
02-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Nice you learned to type! Plesse tell me how FS criminals are on topic for this thread?