Race 5 #7 What's Demotta You
Race 6 #8 Herb Albert
Race 8 #1 Cmon VC Song
Balmoral
Race 7 #7 Greek Easter Bunny
Race 10 #1 Dynamic Dudette

sq764
02-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Good luck.. Man, the Meadowlands has been chalk city for the most part. Especially on Sundays.. Hope (for these picks), it;'s not today..

melman
02-23-2004, 07:22 PM
A few around the wire but only one in the WC. That one at $10.60
Tonight at Woodbine
Race 3 #6 Sidepocket N
Race 5 #2 Village Camluck
Race 9 #1 Keystone Theuber
Race 10 #6 Heza Big Guy

rrbauer
02-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Harness PRICE Plays?

No such thing....'bout the same as short fields at Santa Anita!

:o

sq764
02-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Why is that the perception? Harness racing has no prices??

Try Balmoral Park as a sample.. From Saturday night:

http://www.balmoralpark.com/main/Results.cfm?Results_ID=563

Half of the races with double-digit winners, including a $70+ horse..

JimG
02-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Why is that the perception? Harness racing has no prices??

Try Balmoral Park as a sample.. From Saturday night:

http://www.balmoralpark.com/main/Results.cfm?Results_ID=563

Half of the races with double-digit winners, including a $70+ horse..

My guess is that perception is created from the 1/2 mile and 5/8 mile tracks where the inside posts have a big advantage and are usually bet down accordingly.

But when you get to tracks like Balmoral, Woodbine, or Big M there are price plays as all posts have a better chance.

JimG

Exactaman
02-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by rrbauer
Harness PRICE Plays?

No such thing....
:o

thanks rr, I guess there must be a mistake in my roi figures from last year then! and the year before, and..... :)

melman
02-25-2004, 01:03 AM
That is just my buddy Mr Bauer taking a poke at me. No problem at all as I took a few jabs at SoCal racing and there short fields. After observing Richard in action for a few days I changed my mind in a hurry. However Richard, even SoCal harness racing has short fields. LOL You get over to the Philly area in the fall and I will get you to the director's room to play those jug=heads. LOL Take a few more breaks from the boycott business if you can we miss you in the WR. All of us except "Mad Cow" and you can blame that on the beef.

trying2win
02-26-2004, 01:13 AM
Melman,

Although your selection HEZA BIG GUY didn't win the 10th race at Woodbine on Mon. Feb. 23, it was interesting to note that the winner EXCLUSIVES was dropping into a claiming race for the first time (Of course I noticed this after the race is over, like a lot of us handicappers do!).

At one time, the FIRST TIME IN A CLAIMER ANGLE used to produce some nice win mutuels. Apparently, when that angle became widely-known, the mutuel prices supposedly dropped overall. Looking at EXCLUSIVES' win price, it makes you wonder. EXCLUSIVES paid $48.10 to win! I couldn't have bet EXCLUSIVES myself though, even if I had looked at this race more closely. This horse hadn't shown any vigor since his 4th last start on Jan. 19th. That's too long ago for my liking.

T2W

melman
03-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Trying2win, the first time in claimer angle tonight at the BigM.
In race 5 Jate's Bow should be nice price. Also two "trip" horses for tonight in race 1 Strong Three and in race 12 Alert Motoring N.

cj
03-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Hey Mel,

I was able to get Joe's figures up on my site for you for tonight, the things I do for you jughead guys!

CJ

melman
03-05-2004, 10:42 AM
CJ, I thought you were over in Italy putting in long days (3 hour ones normal for flyboys). Did you find an Internet cafe?? or still in Belgium? Tks for the info and I know you are a closet jug-head. LOL Anyone who made trips to the old Dover Downs for $800 purse races and went to Freestate Raceway had to be a old jug-head.

cj
03-05-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm in Italy, be spending the day in Rome tomorrow. I developed a connection, so I have a bit more free internet time!

shamrock
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
melman, i think you make some very nice plays, just wish i can see more of them. i have to admit that love to play the horses but don't have time to handicap and do use the opinions of a certian few who post on the net , looking forward to your future picks thanks shamrock..

Zman179
03-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Consider me an old jug-head. I went to Dover Downs once when they had the $700 and $800 purses. They actually had a feature stake race that day with a purse of $1000!

Believe it or not, the racing at DD was better then than it is now. Well, in my warped little mind it was. After all, when one picks 5 cold trifectas out of 13 races, one tends to become a little biased.

Zman (the cheaper the better...and I ain't talkin' about wine either)

Zaf
03-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I was at Dover once in the days when they had $700 purses. I had a fun night playing those battle scarred cheap horses. :)

ZAFONIC