PDA

View Full Version : One WSJ Opinion: Obama Scandals Worse Than Watergate

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Hmmm...well...it's the Journal after all...Murdoch...you know...so I guess what this guy is saying is total nonsense...cause...you know...it's Murdoch and all that jazz.... :rolleyes:

http://live.wsj.com/video/opinion-obama-scandals-worse-than-watergate/89923EBE-B216-4F67-86B4-2E8E37E2A3A0.html#!89923EBE-B216-4F67-86B4-2E8E37E2A3A0

NJ Stinks
06-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Hmmm...well...it's the Journal after all...Murdoch...you know...so I guess what this guy is saying is total nonsense...cause...you know...it's Murdoch and all that jazz.... :rolleyes:

http://live.wsj.com/video/opinion-obama-scandals-worse-than-watergate/89923EBE-B216-4F67-86B4-2E8E37E2A3A0.html#!89923EBE-B216-4F67-86B4-2E8E37E2A3A0

You got it right - another Murdoch sponsored pile of BS that can be found anywhere Murdoch throws his money in the USA.

Unless, of course, you believe Romney would have won if it wasn't for the damn IRS! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Actually, he nails the left..especially the BS racist charges they like to throw around...

hcap
06-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Actually, he nails the left..especially the BS racist charges they like to throw around...
You nail the right quite well. Off topic sometimes is like Rush, Hannity and WND all rolled into one. I used to think there was something about horse players that gravitated towards right wing hysterics, but now realize our average age is more of a factor. Just like the repugs are being undone by demographics. Pace Advantage 10 years from now will either be 1/10 the current size or if more young players get involved decidedly liberal

tucker6
06-06-2013, 06:55 AM
You nail the right quite well. Off topic sometimes is like Rush, Hannity and WND all rolled into one. I used to think there was something about horse players that gravitated towards right wing hysterics, but now realize our average age is more of a factor. Just like the repugs are being undone by demographics. Pace Advantage 10 years from now will either be 1/10 the current size or if more young players get involved decidedly liberal
How do you figure that? The American population is aging, which is a GOP demographic.

Overlay
06-06-2013, 07:38 AM
How do you figure that? The American population is aging, which is a GOP demographic.
I think he's saying that the older, more conservative players/members (who have gravitated toward the GOP, and who are more drawn to horse racing than those who are younger) will be dying off by then, and the members of the following generation will not become more conservative/Republican as they age (unlike their elders).

I don't know about that, though. I am reminded of a quote from Disraeli: "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart. He who is not a conservative at forty has no head."

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2013, 09:09 AM
You nail the right quite well. Off topic sometimes is like Rush, Hannity and WND all rolled into one. I used to think there was something about horse players that gravitated towards right wing hysterics, but now realize our average age is more of a factor. Just like the repugs are being undone by demographics. Pace Advantage 10 years from now will either be 1/10 the current size or if more young players get involved decidedly liberalWhat the heck does this have to do with the topic of this thread or the video I posted?

Love when you jump in with nothing but inaccurate general commentary designed to take everything off track...as early as possible...

Do you agree with Donna Brazile that this is some sort of GOP lynch mob when it comes to the IRS scandals? :lol:

Gotta love the dems and their love of racism. I've been saying for years racism can never die here in the United States as long as the Democratic party exists. Racism is a huge fundraiser for them...it's kind of like the relationship Oncologists have with cancer...give them a cure, and they're out of business....

Robert Goren
06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
I think it pretty clear that the house republicans egged on by the Murdoch empire and led by Darrell Issa (R-CA) is going from one "scandal" to the next hoping to find something that sticks. They are rapidly be viewed by all but the far right as "the boy who cried wolf too many times".

Valuist
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Eventually a number of the young liberals wise up and get more conservative as they get older. Its been happening for years and I don't see that changing.

You never see conservatives turning liberal as they age. Never.

Overlay
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I think it pretty clear that the house republicans egged on by the Murdoch empire and led by Darrell Issa (R-CA) is going from one "scandal" to the next hoping to find something that sticks. They are rapidly be viewed by all but the far right as "the boy who cried wolf too many times".
But that doesn't mean that the wolf isn't out there. ;)

Robert Goren
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
But that doesn't mean that the wolf isn't out there. ;)But if you cry it often enough when it isn't, nobody will believe you when it is. Something Issa and company don't realize. I get the feeling that Issa will be holding hearing on something or another and grabbing headlines on Fox News for the next 4 years.

so.cal.fan
06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Shame on you PA! :lol:
You really got the little handful of left wing operatives who post their move on.org bs on this board very upset!
Do some of you left loonies get paid for hitting popular blog boards like this one? Just asking. ;)

Tom
06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Did you see that Obama wants congress to pass a Press Shield law, to protect reporters doing their jobs?

Haven't you guys told him about the FIRST AMENDMENT yet? :lol:

Oh, just ANOTHER thing he is unaware of, never heard of, was not told about, was not there for........get the picture? :lol:

so.cal.fan
06-06-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm worried about PA! He could be a victim of IRS targeting.
:lol:

I live in So. California. The LA times need a change in ownership.
I used to read it, my father subscribed to it for years. I always read it at the racetrack. However it is now a shameful left wing rag, controlled by the current administration.

Didn't the Koch brothers support President Clinton? I think they did, correct me if I am mistaken (I know you all will :lol: )
I don't think they are all that Conservative. That's okay, I would hope if they take this "paper" they will just print news. I'm sure their opinion pages will represent different view points, not just one, as they do now.

hcap
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I think he's saying that the older, more conservative players/members (who have gravitated toward the GOP, and who are more drawn to horse racing than those who are younger) will be dying off by then, and the members of the following generation will not become more conservative/Republican as they age (unlike their elders).

I don't know about that, though. I am reminded of a quote from Disraeli: "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart. He who is not a conservative at forty has no head."Horse racing is an older man's game. I am not saying that younger fans of the sport do not exist, only that fewer and fewer are following in their fathers footsteps. Apparently the repugs are suffering the same demographic shift. Pace Advantage consists mostly of an older group. So politically conservatives are more numerous. My point was that the WSJ article was only an opinion piece. In fact there is very little evidence that the scandal mongering repugs are affecting Obama's approval ratings and certainly a silly opinion that any of these current scandals are anywhere near Watergate.

PA himself claiming the author of the WSJ article "nailed the left" is a perfect example of the right nailing itself

Disraeli actually meant: "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart. He who is a conservative at forty has no head".

:) :cool: :cool:

Greyfox
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
In 1970 Alvin Toffler, an American futurologist wrote a book entitled "Future Shock."
Toffler hypothesized that in a few years information would be coming at us at astounding rates, to the point that we wouldn't be able to absorb it all, and we would subsequently be left "disconnected" and "disoriented."
I think that Alvin Toffler is at least partly correct.
We've had information bombarding us at ever increasing rates, via the computer, the radio and TV media (hundreds of channels) and newspapers.
Probably the events of 9-11 set the bar for shock in North America, if not the western civilized world.
Since then, we see on an almost daily, or weekly basis, traumatizing events to which we have developed a "numbness" to. (I'm hoping that is just not part of the normal aging process.) For example, just last week a British soldier was beheaded, in broad day light in a London suburb. Of course that is a horrific act, but does it shock any of us any more??
What I'm getting to here is that Watergate was terrible in it's time. The scandal grew and Nixon quit.
Today we have probably more scandalous events in Washington taking place and now, since we are on novacaine to such stuff, we are relatively numb to
1. Benghazi
2. the Associated Press wire tappings
3. the IRS participation in partisan politics
4. the failure to try prisoners held for years on end at "Gitmo."

Nothing shocks us now, hence what would have started an impeachment process 40 years ago, is simply perceived as "small potatoes" and in general,
Joe Public ignores it and sees it as "no big deal."

Was Toffler spot on in Future Shock? Me thinks so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Shock

Tom
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Disraeli actually meant: "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart. He who is a conservative at forty has no head".

The only Disraeli I listen to is Disraeli Gears!

Tom
06-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Was Toffler spot on in Future Shock? Me thinks so.

Bulls Eye!
Great book - landmark book for my generation.

so.cal.fan
06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Future Shock really did get it right.
Such sad commentary....but we can't deny that it has/is happening