PDA

View Full Version : Confused..Doug O'Neil shipping from Cal. to NY

sammy the sage
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
and dropping $50K in class...in Fri's 7th at Bel....he does name Rosario....BBBuuuutttttttttt.....why...only horse in Fri/Sat...w/previous problems w/NYRA....WHY....seriously....

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
The horse isnt really dropping 50k in class, she's not and never was worth 75k. she's barely a 30k claimer, 20k is where she belongs. Good placing, this is a 31k race full of slugs, if she can run at all, she can grab some of that pot.

sammy the sage
06-05-2013, 07:02 PM
well she can DO THAT in Cal...why ALL the extra expense... :confused:

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
well she can DO THAT in Cal...why ALL the extra expense... :confused:

Maybe she came as a 'package deal' with a bunch of other horses? I dont know much about shipping costs, but i have to imagine that this horse won't find a 31k purse in So cal with this many slugs entered. So, even if they paid 5k to ship her, it might be value if she's 6-5 and wins and is claimed. If she wins and gets claimed, they get 50k.

Rise Over Run
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
She isn't shipping from Cali, look at the PPs and works. She was in Kentucky for probably the majority of April and in NY for the past several weeks.

And to agree with SRU, the drop is meaningless considering she was way over her head last time out. She's out of her league in any NW1 allowance, much less a fairly salty allowance on Kentucky Oaks Day. She struggled to break her maiden against claimers and those 40k starter allowance races in cali are glorified claiming races. She's were she belongs but looks like a plodder to me.

sammy the sage
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
missed the work-out lines...thanks.