PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Bet and Book

forced89
06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
One of the complaints about Lone Star's Simulcasting facility was that the snack bar was removed when it was remodeled. Well it is back, maybe smaller, maybe inadequate, but it is back.

cnollfan
06-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I haven't been to Lone Star since 2005 but used to enjoy a weekend there now and then. Besides the snack bar, how has the remodel affected the simulcasting palace?

FiveWide
06-03-2013, 11:19 PM
I haven't been to Lone Star since 2005 but used to enjoy a weekend there now and then. Besides the snack bar, how has the remodel affected the simulcasting palace?

I thought they made some nice improvements to the simulcast building. Much needed improvements. Somewhere on this board is a thread I created and wrote about my first experiences with improvements at the simulcast building.

On the improvement front I am extremely impressed with the other improvements they put into the grandstand and track areas. They finally got rid of all those aluminum benches outside and put in small tables in benches throughout. They replace the old small video screen in the infield with a gigantic screen. When a race is being run they show 2 angles of the race: the headon and the pan shots. The Silks Dining floor also got remodeled and from what I've seen up there it is pretty nice IMO. They also resurfaced the track too but haven't heard any comments on that yet.

Can't say the new owners aren't putting some money into the track now, unlike the past owners. :ThmbUp:

-Five

FiveWide
06-03-2013, 11:20 PM
One of the complaints about Lone Star's Simulcasting facility was that the snack bar was removed when it was remodeled. Well it is back, maybe smaller, maybe inadequate, but it is back.

Good to hear. I'll have to wander over there and check it out next time I'm out there. I don't stay much in the simulcast building during live racing.

thx for the update!
-Five

forced89
06-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Lone Star is a damn nice facility. Give the Indians slots and it will take off big time.

JimmyQ
06-03-2013, 11:41 PM
I thought they made some nice improvements to the simulcast building. Much needed improvements. Somewhere on this board is a thread I created and wrote about my first experiences with improvements at the simulcast building.

On the improvement front I am extremely impressed with the other improvements they put into the grandstand and track areas. They finally got rid of all those aluminum benches outside and put in small tables in benches throughout. They replace the old small video screen in the infield with a gigantic screen. When a race is being run they show 2 angles of the race: the headon and the pan shots. The Silks Dining floor also got remodeled and from what I've seen up there it is pretty nice IMO. They also resurfaced the track too but haven't heard any comments on that yet.

Can't say the new owners aren't putting some money into the track now, unlike the past owners. :ThmbUp:

-Five

I was there over Derby weekend...I thought removing the metal seats was temporary until they put in new seats...is that not the case? There was no seating for families that day or any other big racing day. Also, many of the bad tv's and bad betting machines still sat inside the concession facility....are all of these being upgraded? I do like the place a lot as it is where I use to go back in 2002 every weekend.

JimmyQ

SharpCat
06-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I was there over Derby weekend...I thought removing the metal seats was temporary until they put in new seats...is that not the case? There was no seating for families that day or any other big racing day. Also, many of the bad tv's and bad betting machines still sat inside the concession facility....are all of these being upgraded? I do like the place a lot as it is where I use to go back in 2002 every weekend.

JimmyQ

They look to be the same SAM machines we have at Ellis. They have to be fairly old machines. I had a voucher that froze in the SAM the other day. Tote turned that machine off and back on so it could reboot. I saw Windows 95 pop up on the display for several seconds during the reboot. The one thing I dislike about the SAM is that when a track runs it's last race it does not fall of the menu.

FiveWide
06-05-2013, 08:49 PM

JimmyQ

I don't believe the metal seats are coming back. They did put in a bunch of tables and benches to replace those metal benches outside. Yes there are still a bunch of the old monitors still around, especially outside in the pavillion tent and outside on simulcast patio. I believe they'll change those at some point. My guess for the seating on big racing days you would need to make reservations well in advance. I just tried making reservations on the Silks Dining floor for the handicapping contest June 15th but all they had was something in smoking (didn't even know they had a smoking area on that floor) so I got a box on the 2nd floor instead.

-Five