PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk Downs new Track Policy

mld277
06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first post. Refused entrance to Suffolk today for not agreeing to have my backpack searched. Never going back. Here's a copy of the email I sent them:
Hello,
I was denied entry to your facility today because I refused to submit to having my backpack searched. As I was walking back to the train I called your Main phone number and was told that these unconstitutional violations of the Fourth Amendment
were official track policy and then I was asked "don't you remember what happened in Watertown?".
I would like to know, exactly, how the incident in Watertown a month ago affects Suffolk Downs, which is in East Boston and if this is indeed official track policy.
I've been coming to your track for about 15 years and have had many good times, made some friends, won a little, lost a little. No more. I will never spend another nickel at Suffolk or on the simulcast.
I find it very strange that with all of the competition for the entertainment dollar and the steadily declining attendance at your track that you would do anything at all to discourage people from spending their money there.
Sincerely,
Mark Davis

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Paging Whiffleballer...

Stillriledup
06-01-2013, 06:21 PM
All of us are under the watchful eye of 'big brother' these days, but i don't know about you, but i would WANT them to search bags and whatnut. If you have nothing to hide, why not?

We live in a new age of crazy idiots, this stuff didnt happen a few decades ago, but now its just part of life.

Its possible, and i'm just guessing here Mark, that you might be mad about something else and you just went off the handle today. Maybe you're mad, in general, about the direction of the country and you're really angry at the idea that we don't live in laid back society like we used to....i hear and feel your pain, i really do, i hate the idea of searches too, i hate people violating my rights and forcing me to be searched, but i'm not sure what the alternative is.

Im not sure if we can put the genie back in the bottle, we live in different times.

Why not just go with the flow, relax a bit and be thankful that they're searching backpacks for your own safety.

gheuks
06-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I have no problem with them searching my bag either. I think they should have this type of security at all sports events. Times are different today. You just don't know what kind of sick person might try something. I went to Pimlico today with a plastic bag with water and peanuts. No search. I could have brought anything in!!

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
The Fourth Amendment protects you against unreasonable search and seizure by the government, not individuals or businesses. Suffolk had every right to demand a look into your bag (Saratoga has been doing this for years), just as the owner of this board (a private citizen) may delete any post he desires without violating anyone's First Amendment rights.

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
...If you have nothing to hide, why not?...

I don't want to contribute to taking a thread way off the topic of anything to do with racing, but can't you make your case without that terrifying justification that can be applied to anything?

QuarterCrack
06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
1. The incident in Watertown has nothing to do with SUF.
2. I go there every weekend and hate that they've instituted a bag-checking policy. Like you, I'm very sensitive to violations of the 4th Amendment, unlawful search/seizure.

HOWEVER...

3. Suffolk Downs is private property - they can establish whatever rules they want on their own property. They have the right to say that they want to check bags, whether we like it or not. It's their joint, and we have to respect their property rights.
3a. But by the same token, we likewise have the right to not patronize their establishment if we don't like their policy. It sounds like this is how you handled it, which seems fine to me.

I just don't think you can say they violated your 4th Amendment rights - once you enter their property, they make the rules. It's not like they were coming to your house or stopping you on the street before you left to say, "We need to check your bag before you make the trip out to the track."

It's no different than you being able to dictate what happens on your own property. If you say that people need to take their shoes off before they come in, guess what - you have the right to refuse their entry if they won't take their shoes off. This is no different, other than it is a commercial establishment that is missing out on your patronage. That may be their loss, but it's not a violation of your rights.

Stillriledup
06-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't want to contribute to taking a thread way off the topic of anything to do with racing, but can't you make your case without that terrifying justification that can be applied to anything?

Um, i know what you're getting at and you're right, but i think that my 'nothing to hide' comment was applied to the specific situation and i dont think i would say that under different circumstances. Now, what would constitute 'different circumstances' i'm not sure, but you do make a valid point. I think since the Boston bombings, people are a little more on edge in that part of the country than elsewhere (from a backpack searching standpoint) so you can't really blame them for wanting to look inside bags.

I guess the 64 dollar question is this. Would you want to live in a society where people could come and go and not get searched for anything and just take your chances at not being in a place where something bad happens or, do you want all sorts of searches.

Very tough call when its freedom vs safety.

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM

I guess the 64 dollar question is this. Would you want to live in a society where people could come and go and not get searched for anything and just take your chances at not being in a place where something bad happens or, do you want all sorts of searches.

I don't want to be rude and not answer in case this isn't completely rhetorical, but for the record, I, speaking only for myself, want the former.

mld277
06-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Well, some interesting responses. Please note, I'm not trying to cause any problem on this board. If the mod feels it's too off topic, please remove.
I wouldn't have had any problem letting them look if there had been some specific incident involving the track.

Stillriledup
06-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't want to be rude and not answer in case this isn't completely rhetorical, but for the record, I, speaking only for myself, want the former.

There's a lot to be said for that, with all the security and checkpoints and big brother stuff, we have had our share of incidents recently from Newtown, to the Colorado Movie theatre, to Boston and the list seems to go on and on, no 'searches' prevented these attacks, so, we kind of got the worst of both worlds, we live with big brother and his searches and yet, he didnt prevent any of those horrible situations i listed above.

Vinman
06-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Delaware Park's new post Boston Marathon security regs include a BAN of all backpacks, coolers and thermoses from their famed Grove picnic area. This ban may extend throughout the entire facility....have to recheck on that.

Vinman

VeryOldMan
06-01-2013, 07:37 PM
The Fourth Amendment protects you against unreasonable search and seizure by the government, not individuals or businesses. Suffolk had every right to demand a look into your bag (Saratoga has been doing this for years), just as the owner of this board (a private citizen) may delete any post he desires without violating anyone's First Amendment rights.

This. It's the GOVERNMENT against which you are protected.

Milkshaker
06-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Here is where I take umbridge with such policies:

1) Was the new policy posted in advance and made well known? Bummer if this guy came out on opening day like he's been doing for a number of years and was forced to submit to a personal search he wasn't expecting.

2) Is the policy selective or enforced upon everyone? I've been to Saratoga and had my very small soft-shell cooler searched--while watching women with enormous purses and handbags stroll in unsearched. What gives?

jerry-g
06-01-2013, 11:43 PM
I heard on the news lately that they now have a chip that can be
installed on all cell phone that will be able to sniff out your
environment. The government says it is going to be like 179 million
noses working for them to ward off dangerous chemicals people
might come in contact with. I think Japan makes the chip and the
U.S. is all excited about it. I suppose if you set off someones phone
near you that you could be arrested. It's suppose to be just one
more step to keep us all safe.

Stillriledup
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
I heard on the news lately that they now have a chip that can be
installed on all cell phone that will be able to sniff out your
environment. The government says it is going to be like 179 million
noses working for them to ward off dangerous chemicals people
might come in contact with. I think Japan makes the chip and the
U.S. is all excited about it. I suppose if you set off someones phone
near you that you could be arrested. It's suppose to be just one
more step to keep us all safe.

Why would anyone purchase a cell phone with a government chip? Why would Apple permit the government to install a chip on their phones? Oh, that's right, Apple IS "big bro" silly me, i forgot for a second. :D

Tom
06-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Delaware Park's new post Boston Marathon security regs include a BAN of all backpacks, coolers and thermoses from their famed Grove picnic area. This ban may extend throughout the entire facility....have to recheck on that.

Vinman

Pretty much means no picnics.
Smart move. :rolleyes:

wiffleball whizz
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Paging Whiffleballer...

Hahahahahahahahahaha....i was sound asleep yesterday from 4pm to 11pm this thread escaped my eyes somehow till now....yes to the new poster here we had rant about 3 weeks ago when the tracks were changing security I think
There were 2 threads on this subject... Here's one

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103212

Again the actions of "2 scumbags from Boston/Chechnya" which was a debate in itself Aside from the people's lives they ruined near the finish line are now causing people a good time at the track.......wonder how people will react when they roll up to the gate with coolers and other things in tow and are told they can't bring them in...they won't be back...

And it's pretty stupid in my opinion to search backpacks cuz most tracks That simulcast are open all day without security at the doors if somebody really wanted to do sometimg bad they could just bring and hide the stuff somewhere and get it later on the grounds....racetracks to dumb to realize that

U can just throw a backpack over the fence and get it when u pay admission....

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2013, 10:49 PM
We live in a new age of crazy idiots, this stuff didnt happen a few decades ago, but now its just part of life. Not true. Every age has its share of crazy idiots. And this kind of stuff DID happen decades ago...

Case in point:

19freakin27....

38 schoolchildren murdered...along with 6 adults...another 58 injured...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Well, some interesting responses. Please note, I'm not trying to cause any problem on this board. If the mod feels it's too off topic, please remove.
I wouldn't have had any problem letting them look if there had been some specific incident involving the track.The answer has already been given. Suffolk Downs is private property. They can search whatever they want. There is no violation of your constitutional rights. This is not a government institution.

The same thing happens on this website. When I delete or edit posts, some people like to cry "freedom of speech."

There is no freedom of speech here. This is a privately owned website. You have whatever freedoms I deem appropriate of allowing. I can censor or delete or edit anything I wish. And I am not violating anyone's constitutional rights by doing so. I have no such power. I am not the government.

You have the freedom of not going to Suffolk. Or not participating on this website.

You have no luxury of freedom when it comes to the government, because they have the power to incarcerate you (or worse). That's why the Constitution and Bill of Rights exist. To protect you from the power of the Federal Government. Not from the powerless Suffolk Downs or the powerless PaceAdvantage.com

thespaah
06-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first post. Refused entrance to Suffolk today for not agreeing to have my backpack searched. Never going back. Here's a copy of the email I sent them:
Hello,
I was denied entry to your facility today because I refused to submit to having my backpack searched. As I was walking back to the train I called your Main phone number and was told that these unconstitutional violations of the Fourth Amendment
were official track policy and then I was asked "don't you remember what happened in Watertown?".
I would like to know, exactly, how the incident in Watertown a month ago affects Suffolk Downs, which is in East Boston and if this is indeed official track policy.
I've been coming to your track for about 15 years and have had many good times, made some friends, won a little, lost a little. No more. I will never spend another nickel at Suffolk or on the simulcast.
I find it very strange that with all of the competition for the entertainment dollar and the steadily declining attendance at your track that you would do anything at all to discourage people from spending their money there.
Sincerely,
Mark Davis
Here's a newsflash. Backpacks are going to become a thing of the past. More places where large public gatherings are likely are banning them.
Just wondering why people have to carry so much crap around with them.

thespaah
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
1. The incident in Watertown has nothing to do with SUF.
2. I go there every weekend and hate that they've instituted a bag-checking policy. Like you, I'm very sensitive to violations of the 4th Amendment, unlawful search/seizure.

HOWEVER...

3. Suffolk Downs is private property - they can establish whatever rules they want on their own property. They have the right to say that they want to check bags, whether we like it or not. It's their joint, and we have to respect their property rights.
3a. But by the same token, we likewise have the right to not patronize their establishment if we don't like their policy. It sounds like this is how you handled it, which seems fine to me.

I just don't think you can say they violated your 4th Amendment rights - once you enter their property, they make the rules. It's not like they were coming to your house or stopping you on the street before you left to say, "We need to check your bag before you make the trip out to the track."

It's no different than you being able to dictate what happens on your own property. If you say that people need to take their shoes off before they come in, guess what - you have the right to refuse their entry if they won't take their shoes off. This is no different, other than it is a commercial establishment that is missing out on your patronage. That may be their loss, but it's not a violation of your rights.
It's not an "unlawful" search...It's "unreasonable"...
I find that if objects are not visible, they are hidden.
Unfortunately, bad people use the freedoms we have, against us.
It's the world we live in. Sucks.
There is an alternative. Use a clear plastic backpack, if one must.
Or, unclutter and leave the non-essentials at home.
I go with the minimum. Program, newspaper( just the racing page), pens and cash.
I wear cargo pants or shorts. Lots of pockets. Problem solved.
Oh, small binoculars on lanyard.

thespaah
06-02-2013, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't have had any problem letting them look if there had been some specific incident involving the track.
Because the incident took place at a race track, I believe the issue is pertinent to this forum.

thespaah
06-02-2013, 11:17 PM

Vinman
Banning coolers from a picnic area has nothing to do with safety or security. That's the facility management attempting to force patrons to buy their refreshments( at dramatic mark ups) on site.
Don't know if this is or will ever happen, but if NYRA ever bans coolers from the backyard at Saratoga, It will crush the attendance and ruin what is a great and fun atmosphere.

chadk66
06-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Not true. Every age has its share of crazy idiots. And this kind of stuff DID happen decades ago...

Case in point:

19freakin27....

Not only that violent gun crime has plummeted in recent years. Down somewhere around 45%.

Al Gobbi
06-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Banning coolers from a picnic area has nothing to do with safety or security. That's the facility management attempting to force patrons to buy their refreshments( at dramatic mark ups) on site.
Don't know if this is or will ever happen, but if NYRA ever bans coolers from the backyard at Saratoga, It will crush the attendance and ruin what is a great and fun atmosphere.

The way Delaware Park has been run recently you have to wonder if they will even offer racing in a few years.

salty
06-03-2013, 01:35 AM
I don't know what the problem here is man, I go to suffolk every once in awhile and can say that I might feel better next time. They already do not allow you to bring in your own drinks anyways. The people that go to suffolk are pretty rough looking and I have seen more than a few fights break out in the simulcast area from peoples heads blocking the tv's. A step up in security isn't going to bother me whatsoever, at least they aren't making me go through one of those new body scanners that they have at the airport.

wiffleball whizz
06-03-2013, 03:14 AM
To protect you from the power of the Federal Government. Not from the powerless Suffolk Downs or the powerless PaceAdvantage.com

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Pace advantage is not powerless.....best gambling forum in world...I know of at least 50 of them and they don't compare to here....

It's to a point I check PA.com when I wake up before I read missed texts...

And now back to the regularly scheduled thread

lamboguy
06-03-2013, 08:36 AM
we live in a crazy world. i was just at the Preakness and i got searched every time i walked out of the track to go in the clubhouse and back to my box. they must have hired 200 people with metal detectors that day to check everyone.

we may not realize that their are animals floating all over the world that wake up every day trying to figure out how to make our mother's cry. they are nasty, they hate us because we are not like them.

going to a racetrack and going through security measures is a small price to pay to live on the best soil in the world.

jerry-g
06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I was watching a TV show back in the 50's, (yes...I'm a very extinguished
guy now). It was the Jack Parr morning show on CBS and he was doing
a commercial for Bufferin. He brought out the bottle, d-capped it and
showed how you can easily take them for pain. He recapped the bottle
and almost instantly, the cap blew off by itself. The next day, newspapers
all over ran headlines, "Bufferin Bottle Explodes on Parr Show!" The pill
maker due to bad press had to recall all it's bottles to try and figure out
how the lid popped off. But most were afraid their bottles might explode
so they returned their bottle immediately.

In today's world, if someone at a large gathering were to have the same
thing happen to a pill bottle they had opened, thousands of people might
hit the decks or even stampede. Have the terrorist won? Their sole
desire was to install fear into the hearts and minds of all Americans.
Has that not worked?

Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

We do need these extra security measures, but we also need to be
more vigilant ourselves. We need to remain calm and know where all
the exits are and have our evacuation plan in advance of any event.

Vinman
06-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Pretty much means no picnics.
Smart move. :rolleyes:

The $64,000 question...How are the events of Boston Marathon day going to affect the ability of folks to continue to enjoy the backyard at Saratoga as freely as they have in the past? We're talking about thousands of people who over decades have been able to make their unencumbered mad dash to their favorite picnic spot when the gates open, with coolers, thermoses and backpacks in tow....items that are now banned from Delaware Park's picnic area.

How is NYRA going to navigate these treacherous waters without causing unbearable lines to get in.....and not necessarily just for the backside picnic crowd. Given NYRA's own new security measures for Belmont stakes day, I'd put the morning line at 1/5 that things will be far different in the Saratoga backyard this year. My early guess is that it will be easier to get a backyard spot, as some folks will say "enough aleady".

I hope I'm wrong.

Vinman

Canarsie
06-03-2013, 10:37 AM
The answer has already been given. Suffolk Downs is private property. They can search whatever they want. There is no violation of your constitutional rights. This is not a government institution.

The same thing happens on this website. When I delete or edit posts, some people like to cry "freedom of speech."

There is no freedom of speech here. This is a privately owned website. You have whatever freedoms I deem appropriate of allowing. I can censor or delete or edit anything I wish. And I am not violating anyone's constitutional rights by doing so. I have no such power. I am not the government.

You have the freedom of not going to Suffolk. Or not participating on this website.

You have no luxury of freedom when it comes to the government, because they have the power to incarcerate you (or worse). That's why the Constitution and Bill of Rights exist. To protect you from the power of the Federal Government. Not from the powerless Suffolk Downs or the powerless PaceAdvantage.com

Eloquently stated Mike's reply really NAILED it.

When I see something like this written and it's from a person who has two posts I begin to ask myself "what's the hidden agenda". When I go to the track I WELCOME being searched so that the safety of others (especially children) are protected. By being 'inconvenienced by a minute or two might avoid a catastrophe. It's FAR TOO LATE after the fact even if one person was slightly injured.

I used to frequent the Meadowlands far more than I do now. I knew all the security guards and sometimes they would let me through without inspecting the case holding the laptop. Even when it was inspected the job wasn't really thorough. So many people were bringing in liquor it wasn't funny. Imagine if a person got hit in the head by a empty bottle? I would actually tell me friend "I wish they would inspect this top to bottom. Someone could easily bring in something dangerous"

Plus the bottom line is the regulation worked as intended. The poster wasn't arrested or searched off the grounds to the best of my knowledge.

johnhannibalsmith
06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't think I'd ever get in a motor vehicle, hell, I'm not sure I'd even leave the house if I were worried about the safety implications from flying empty bottles at the track. And, this is from someone that has almost certainly deserved to have been beaned in the head by a bottle more than a few times. :D

thespaah
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
The way Delaware Park has been run recently you have to wonder if they will even offer racing in a few years.

I have been thinking about the animosity between horsemen and bettors.
Here's what I have come up with.
The horsemen that operate at tracks with high slot revenue have an out.
Because the purses are driven by slot revenue and not betting handle, the horsemen can give the bettors the old 'Wyoming Salute' to the bettors without any fear of retribution( boycotting of the pools there)....In states where slot inflated purses exist, horsemen simply do not give a crap.
Now, as far as racing leaving the track? I think in most states, it may be a part of the gaming laws that require a slot/casino track to conduct an extended pari mutuel horse racing meeting. Not sure.
I do know that in order for AC Racecourse to continue offering simulcasting, it must by NJ Law, conduct a live pari mutuel meeting.

thespaah
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
we live in a crazy world. i was just at the Preakness and i got searched every time i walked out of the track to go in the clubhouse and back to my box. they must have hired 200 people with metal detectors that day to check everyone.

we may not realize that their are animals floating all over the world that wake up every day trying to figure out how to make our mother's cry. they are nasty, they hate us because we are not like them.

going to a racetrack and going through security measures is a small price to pay to live on the best soil in the world.
I concur...In some respects, it's a crappy way to live. Some say those who desire absolute security over freedom deserve neither.
I believe a balance can be struck. A 'free' society can enact laws and regulations to protect itself from the "wolves" is fine as long as 'the people' ,not the government control the methods by which security is administered.
The people have control through the election process.

horses721
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
The absolute freedom thing is a joke. If you feel that way, why should anything be banned or disallowed that isn't a crime. Put porn on and allow swearing on network TV. Get rid of airport security too. If you take assault rifles away from public citizens, it will only lead to a ban on all guns(there goes more absolute freedom I guess) Oh my god, the terrorist won because if I go to a racetrack, my backpack will be searched. How awful. Leave this garbage to the people that fight for the rights of criminals, the ACLU. Here's one question, why do you need a backpack to bring in something to Suffolk Downs??? Were you planning on spending the night :confused: Contact the ACLU because the terrorists won and you had your backpack searched.
Now I'm really upset because they looked in my cooler when entering Saratoga last summer. The bastards. Those terrorists won again.

Stillriledup
06-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Not true. Every age has its share of crazy idiots. And this kind of stuff DID happen decades ago...

Case in point:

19freakin27....

Maybe the difference isnt the crazy idiots, but the way the stories are placed into our brains and forced fed to us thru the internet and other social media.

Good find on Bath, i never heard of that until now.

wiffleball whizz
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Just for the record I want to state a fact here....my gf is here from ct and when we used to come to nj we would stay at a friends house and go to Delaware park not ac to play poker.....well she says last night lets go to DP I say borgata is 5 min away she says let's go to dp I say ok on it's 11pm....

We walk in at midnight and there are 7 tables going....I counted 6 players with backpacks strapped behind there chairs....now what the F+++ is this all
About? This proves that the restrictions to coolers is strictly a money making thing......really pissed me off when I didn't even have a dog in the fight

Vinman
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
The absolute freedom thing is a joke. If you feel that way, why should anything be banned or disallowed that isn't a crime. Put porn on and allow swearing on network TV. Get rid of airport security too. If you take assault rifles away from public citizens, it will only lead to a ban on all guns(there goes more absolute freedom I guess) Oh my god, the terrorist won because if I go to a racetrack, my backpack will be searched. How awful. Leave this garbage to the people that fight for the rights of criminals, the ACLU. Here's one question, why do you need a backpack to bring in something to Suffolk Downs??? Were you planning on spending the night :confused: Contact the ACLU because the terrorists won and you had your backpack searched.
Now I'm really upset because they looked in my cooler when entering Saratoga last summer. The bastards. Those terrorists won again.

Bravo!

Robert Fischer
06-04-2013, 07:28 PM
now if you choose to enter, and they search your backpack and find an explosive device or illegal weapon then you should be detained.

But if they find a 12-pack of beer, they shouldn't be able to say anything about it or remove it from your backpack.

I don't like how searches "overlap".

traynor
06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
The basic frame of reference is that such searches are designed to deter (or catch) the bad guys, while only mildly annoying the good guys. It seems to be working. If someone has a controlled substance or some other type of contraband, they probably shouldn't be walking around in a public place with it stashed in his or her backpack. If they are caught with that controlled substance or other type of contraband in a random inspection, too bad. If they do NOT have a controlled substance or other contraband, I really have no idea what the problem is with someone wanting to see the contents of a backpack before allowing the person carrying it into a public facillity.

Personally, I would rather be the person (ostendibly) protected by such inspections than be the one paranoid about everyone he or she sees with a backpack. In the city I live in, lots of people carry backpacks. Lots of people are expected to display the contents of those backpacks (without a lot of sniveling and whining) whenever they try to enter a movie theater or any number of other public places. No one seems to mind. Most seem to think it is in their best interest. So do I.

barn32
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
There is no freedom of speech here. This is a privately owned website. You have whatever freedoms I deem appropriate of allowing. I can censor or delete or edit anything I wish. You cannot delete or edit posts here because it is against the constitution. This makes you something of an anarchist. In fact, if you do delete or edit posts you can be sued for libel, and that is exactly what I'm going to do--as soon as I have enough time.

wiffleball whizz
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
For the record I'm on record as to say the bad guys wouldn't get caught by the racetrack security guard at the gate......just my opinion

thespaah
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
You cannot delete or edit posts here because it is against the constitution. This makes you something of an anarchist. In fact, if you do delete or edit posts you can be sued for libel, and that is exactly what I'm going to do--as soon as I have enough time.
That is so incorrect it does not ever rise to the level of incredible.
Of course the site administrator has that right. it is HIS site. PA has absolute authority over content.
The US Constitution does not address private enterprise.
I hope you are being sarcastic.

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Of course the site administrator has that right. it is HIS site. PA has absolute authority over content.

PA rules the roost around here....gotta be the first forum I've been on where the moderators aren't on a ego trip here....cj and PA good people on here....if I owned the best gambling forum id be the cockiest mfer around lolololol

To be honest I don't recall getting buried by PA for a while now :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 01:04 AM
You cannot delete or edit posts here because it is against the constitution. This makes you something of an anarchist. In fact, if you do delete or edit posts you can be sued for libel, and that is exactly what I'm going to do--as soon as I have enough time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.

Have fun storming the castle.

Ignorance is not flattering on you.

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 01:05 AM
To be honest I don't recall getting buried by PA for a while now :lol: :lol: :lol:What can I say...you've kind of grown on me...like a mild rash... :lol:

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 01:11 AM
What can I say...you've kind of grown on me...like a mild rash... :lol:

Lololololololol

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 01:15 AM
You cannot delete or edit posts here because it is against the constitution.By the way, this was so damn funny, pardon my while I laugh again.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
06-05-2013, 01:15 AM
What can I say...you've kind of grown on me...like a mild rash... :lol:

Dude's about half a post away from matching Tom's daily average. If nothing else, that gets him an All-Star nod and the Hall of Fame will just require longevity and persistence. :D

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 01:19 AM
In fact, if you do delete or edit posts you can be sued for libel, and that is exactly what I'm going to do--as soon as I have enough time.I don't even know if you're being serious...somehow I suspect you are...and sorry to belabor this, but I find it just so hilarious, I have to give you one more reply.

What are you going to sue me for again? Libel? Libeling what? The good name of one barn32? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Dude's about half a post away from matching Tom's daily average. If nothing else, that gets him an All-Star nod and the Hall of Fame will just require longevity and persistence. :D

I can't keep this pave up....I've been on another racing forum for 3 years and only made about 22 posts...

Hard not to post when there are so many good threads,..

menifee
06-05-2013, 01:40 AM

You are absolutely correct - PA has absolute authority over content. He also has the absolute right to ignore the TOS daily which includes the term "No Bashing" and bash wiffleball whiz, barn32 and others all he wants.

In other words, this is PA's house. He has the absolute right to be a complete p****k in his own house.

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 01:51 AM
I bash those who deserve to be bashed. The ignorant. The fools. The morons. The pompous asses. The trouble makers. The retreads.

I can usually spot them from a mile away. That's what doing this for almost 14 years will do...hone a certain instinct that screams "this guy is a major tool."

Sometimes I'm wrong. But not very often.

Now, what were you saying?

menifee
06-05-2013, 02:50 AM
I bash those who deserve to be bashed. The ignorant. The fools. The morons. The pompous asses. The trouble makers. The retreads.

I can usually spot them from a mile away. That's what doing this for almost 14 years will do...hone a certain instinct that screams "this guy is a major tool."

Sometimes I'm wrong. But not very often.

Now, what were you saying?

Man, you have a lot of anger and contempt for people you don't even know. I don't know why you are so angry, you got a great website. I wonder if you would bash them if you could put a face to these names. Why can't you just let that stuff go?

Do not judge, and you will not be judged.

salty
06-05-2013, 03:14 AM
I would say that the security measures aren't the problem for suffolk downs.

DRF 5% (http://www.drf.com/news/suffolk-downs-five-percent-withholding-charged-high-payout-wagers)

--The automatic withholding applies to any wager that generates more than $600 in net profit, according to Chip Tuttle, the chief operating officer of Suffolk. In other words, a $50 win bet on a horse that is any longer than 12-1 would trigger the withholding, as well as a $1 trifecta wager that returned higher than $601, regardless of whether the ticket used multiple combinations.

--When the casinos are up and running, the withholding requirement will likely cause havoc. Slot machines frequently pay off at amounts exceeding $600, and the requirement would also require casinos to withhold money from a $500 blackjack bet if the player drew a face card and an ace, since a two-card blackjack typically pays off at 3-2. Single plays on a roulette wheel pay off at 35-1, meaning an $18 winning bet at the roulette table would trigger the withholding as well.

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Man, you have a lot of anger and contempt for people you don't even know. I don't know why you are so angry, you got a great website. I wonder if you would bash them if you could put a face to these names. Why can't you just let that stuff go?

Do not judge, and you will not be judged.Anger? Have you not been paying attention? I've been doing nothing but laughing my ass off at the nonsense being spouted lately...or are the emoticons not working where you live?

I wonder if those people I bash would act like similar assholes face to face. Somehow I doubt it...you know...like calling me a prick to my face...something tells me you wouldn't be so bold standing toe to toe with me.

Saratoga_Mike
06-05-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't even know if you're being serious...somehow I suspect you are...and sorry to belabor this, but I find it just so hilarious, I have to give you one more reply.

What are you going to sue me for again? Libel? Libeling what? The good name of one barn32? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has to be sarcasm

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Anger? Have you not been paying attention? I've been doing nothing but laughing my ass off at the nonsense being spouted lately...or are the emoticons not working where you live?

I wonder if those people I bash would act like similar assholes face to face. Somehow I doubt it...you know...like calling me a prick to my face...something tells me you wouldn't be so bold standing toe to toe with me.

I feel the same way....had down time at work one night and stumbled across the gallery portion of this site and actaully seen some of the posters on here.....in all my years reading various forums this is the first time I've ever seen posters actaully "come out of the cave" so to speak....everybody hides behind the computer...

After I seen this i think I totally toned down my standpoints I think my posts were coming out alot harder in text format that if we were just having a group conversation....and when seeing the photos I didn't get the impression the people here would be the kind to get in your face at a gathering lolololol...

So lately I've been trying to use more icons just to get my "personality" into my posts a little more....I go back and read them and say to myself that's sounds really hardcore or blunt and that's a total 180 or 360 of you I am....when I talk I can never stop smiling...

So going forward I just want to clarify that by know means am I trying to come off as a tuff guy or forum punk I'm totally at the mercy of icons and letters lolololol

I'm off today and headed to harrahs Philadelphia best of luck to everybody today!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if I can bring a backpack;)

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Anger? Have you not been paying attention? I've been doing nothing but laughing my ass off at the nonsense being spouted lately...or are the emoticons not working where you live?

I dont get why you're ROFLing, you're getting your rear end sued, doesnt that make you kind of concerned that you might lose everything you've worked for here? I mean, where am i going to post if you lose the lawsuit, at Barn32advantage.com?

Good luck in court, let us know how it goes. ;)

cj
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
For the record I'm on record as to say the bad guys wouldn't get caught by the racetrack security guard at the gate......just my opinion

For each $2 bet you'll get back $2.10, or $2.20 if you bet in WVa.

jerry-g
06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Barn 32...where are you? :D

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 05:33 PM
It's serious business in the Suffolk downs security thread....lawsuits on a privately owned forum... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think PA replies to libel accusations were the best of all time...the back to back to back was classic!!!

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
It's serious business in the Suffolk downs security thread....lawsuits on a privately owned forum... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think PA replies to libel accusations were the best of all time...the back to back to back was classic!!!

he's laughing, but i think its a nervous laugh. Barn 32 is coming to get him! :D

wiffleball whizz
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
he's laughing, but i think its a nervous laugh. Barn 32 is coming to get him! :D

I think PA can always go to the entrapment defense...If it wasn't for the 2 scumbags that bombed the marathon this thread would have never been started therefore libel(which I have never heard of) couldn't have been committed

Can we start a bash barn32 thread?!???

Isn't barn 32 where the derby winner stays at pimlico?

thespaah
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't even know if you're being serious...somehow I suspect you are...and sorry to belabor this, but I find it just so hilarious, I have to give you one more reply.

Never mind him...I'M Suing you for making me laugh so hard, I spit up beer.
I want $1 for the Miller Lite you wasted...DEAL?

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2013, 11:16 PM
In fact, if you do delete or edit posts you can be sued for libel, and that is exactly what I'm going to do--as soon as I have enough time.barn32.....meet section 230 (http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/immunity-online-publishers-under-communications-decency-act) .

cordep17
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I can censor or delete or edit anything I wish.

You can edit what we say? So, you can make it look as though we typed something that we actually didn't? I understand that you can delete what we write, but to what extent can you change what we write?

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm the owner and operator of this website. Of course I can edit every single post on this website. If you owned a website where anybody could write anything, wouldn't you need that ability? Would you run a website like this without that ability?

Of course you wouldn't. Common sense man...

cj
06-11-2013, 12:05 AM
You can edit what we say? So, you can make it look as though we typed something that we actually didn't? I understand that you can delete what we write, but to what extent can you change what we write?

Let us know the first time that happens. I know I've EDITED posts (and that is always clearly shown), but only by removing inappropriate portions, not changing anything.

Moderators could change any post to say anything they want it to say, but nobody is doing that. Any changes are always marked as EDIT and lists the moderator that did it.

cordep17
06-11-2013, 12:46 AM
I wasn't trying to claim that you guys do that. I was just surprised to read that you can physically change what we write. I get it now, and I am happy to hear that, when you do change what is written, it is marked.

JackS
06-11-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm never offended by any request to a demand that I have the ability to say "no" to. I would never have said no to any search that has public safty in mind. You said no and left. If I were standing in line behind you, I would have been glad to see you denied entrance and leave.
Electronic survielance of private places and my home are a different matter.

thespaah
06-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm the owner and operator of this website. Of course I can edit every single post on this website. If you owned a website where anybody could write anything, wouldn't you need that ability? Would you run a website like this without that ability?

Of course you wouldn't. Common sense man...
This silly issue again?...Oy vey.