PDA

View Full Version : R. I. P. Edith Bunker

Overlay
06-01-2013, 05:57 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=810772

Jean Stapleton has passed away at the age of 90.

bobbyb
06-01-2013, 06:49 PM
wow - long life for sweet Edith, passing at 90 - RIP.

bobby

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Only so many great characters in television history and somehow All In The Family had a herd of them in one place. Hard to imagine anyone else could have been Edith so perfectly.

JustRalph
06-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Love the fact that Family Guy pays tribute to the Bunkers in the opening.

Tom
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
RIP dingbat!
I mean that in the nicest way of course.
What a great part she played......classic TV.

fast4522
06-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Jean Stapleton character on 'All In The Family' was good family television that is hard to find in today's new shows. An actress who enjoyed a long life, and will be enjoyed for years to come should networks carry 'All In The Family' re-runs.

OTM Al
06-01-2013, 09:36 PM
The network killed off Edith long ago and we got Archie Bunker's Place. Not quite the spin off that the Jeffersons was. She gave us one of the most beloved characters on TV and will never be forgotten

Rookies
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Only so many great characters in television history and somehow All In The Family had a herd of them in one place. Hard to imagine anyone else could have been Edith so perfectly.

Indeed! A fabulous show way ahead of its time.

RIP Edith!:ThmbUp:

JimG
06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I saw her around 10 + years ago playing Eleanor Roosevelt in a one person play. She was fantastic! My wife and I were amazed at how much dialogue she had to memorize for a play that lasted well over an hour.

She was a true talent and will be missed.

Jim

maddog42
06-01-2013, 11:06 PM
All in the Family was based on a british series "Till Death do us Part". A lot of the critics think the original was better, but I damn sure don't. I saw a couple of the British episodes a few years ago, but their version didn't have Stapleton or O'connor.
RIP

Overlay
06-01-2013, 11:54 PM
All in the Family was based on a british series "Till Death do us Part". A lot of the critics think the original was better, but I damn sure don't. I saw a couple of the British episodes a few years ago, but their version didn't have Stapleton or O'connor.
RIP
Sanford and Son (another Norman Lear production) was similarly based on a British series called Steptoe and Son. I never saw the British version, but it would have had to go some to top Redd Foxx.

Marshall Bennett
06-02-2013, 06:56 AM
All in the Family and Sanford & Son were my favorites. I still watch some of the episodes on youtube. All in the Family wasn't quite the same when Gloria and the Meathead left the show. The episode with Sammy Davis Jr. is a classic.
Rip